Singapore Expats

SIA cabin crew

Join in the discussion about employment, interview as a cabin crew, pilot in major airlines.
orangie

Re: Confident

Post by orangie » Fri, 29 Apr 2005 5:10 pm

reverie wrote:
liquidrebecca wrote:
Hi shoegal,

am newbie here...am invited to SIAinterview....would u mind to give me any advices? do they do a ny height measurement for the shortlisted one?
and is it having a tattos is an affect? pls help...thx a lot...

hey liquid

the height limit is 1.58m, heard they do a height measurement before everything. Tattoo and birthmark, you've seen the SIA kebaya right? As long as it covers the marks you're fine.

IN CASE you don't know, the skirt is long.

Since you've been shortlisted you might as well give it a shot. However your height may be a problem, but who knows. May just scrap past.

Whether to decide to turn up or not, good luck! :)

What time is your interview anyway? Mine is also next week.
hi reverie, what time is your interview?

Re: Confident

Post by Guest » Fri, 29 Apr 2005 5:36 pm

reverie wrote:
liquidrebecca wrote:
Hi shoegal,

am newbie here...am invited to SIAinterview....would u mind to give me any advices? do they do a ny height measurement for the shortlisted one?
and is it having a tattos is an affect? pls help...thx a lot...

hey liquid

the height limit is 1.58m, heard they do a height measurement before everything. Tattoo and birthmark, you've seen the SIA kebaya right? As long as it covers the marks you're fine.

IN CASE you don't know, the skirt is long.

Since you've been shortlisted you might as well give it a shot. However your height may be a problem, but who knows. May just scrap past.

Whether to decide to turn up or not, good luck! :)

What time is your interview anyway? Mine is also next week.
Hi shoegirl,
mine will be next week....on SUNDAY...wat bout urs?
but may be got to give up``....any how wish ya good luck...cause I had confirm that my height is 1.56m only....c ya...cheers.... :lol:

Post by Guest » Fri, 29 Apr 2005 5:49 pm

mabel wrote:
Sgirl wrote:Hi

The age i think is one of the important part, because they wrote down for the girl age between 20-26

I just pass all of the interview and waiting for my visa to come out. They have several steps.

1. Introduction in a group interview, you need to introduce yourself
2. One on One interview, they want to know more about your life and your family
3. Psychotest and English Test
4. Panel Interview, there are 3 people ask you several question, they want to know your seriousness, your life, your family, your education and everything
5. Kebaya Test. They see wether you have any scar and stuff that shown after you put the kebaya on. well for this stage, i got some friend who are too chubby and failed on this stage. Some of them on the border because they have wide shoulder and big hips.

So i think SIA only want a good propotion of body. Me, myself got complained and have to lose some weight. But the give me a chance to try. Also watch out about your make up, hair, shoes and dress. Some of them got complain because of this.

Hope this helps anyone who want to apply for this job :)

cheers
hi Sgirl,

so the age is 20-26? they did not put the age limit on their recruitment. so i suppose, i can't apply for it because i am turning 27 this year....

and, u mean they will give you chance to be a stewardess even though if we look fat in the kebaya?

so, the trying out of kebaya is the last step of the interview?

i've been wanting to be a SIA stewardess, but thought that i should work for a few years before applying for it, guess now, it is too late, because i am old already.....and got wide hips too....

congrats to you Sgirl! on getting the job, have fun! =)
Hi mabel,
am newbie here...I was invited to the first interview...but am very nervous whether to go or not?the main problems will be my height...did they do any height measurement? cause my height was only 1.56m....
plz need some advices...thx a lot..

Post by Guest » Fri, 29 Apr 2005 5:51 pm

if u do not meet the height requirement, i honestly tell you. don't waste your time. you'll be eliminated either in round 1 or during the swimming test.

but if you still want to go for the experience of it - then go.

Post by Guest » Fri, 29 Apr 2005 5:59 pm

Reverie wrote:not kidding~

I received it today, yes, 4:28pm to be exact
I'm very surprised too!

It's for 7/5/05 1030am

If anyone else has the same day, email me?

[email protected]
Hi Reverie,

are u goin for the 7th may interiview?
me 2...am been shortlisted...but anyhow am jus wondering whether to attend or not....wat bout u...?anyhow wish u good luck ....

Post by Guest » Fri, 29 Apr 2005 10:04 pm

Anonymous wrote:
mabel wrote:

The age i think is one of the important part, because they wrote down for the girl age between 20-26

I just pass all of the interview and waiting for my visa to come out. They have several steps.

1. Introduction in a group interview, you need to introduce yourself
2. One on One interview, they want to know more about your life and your family
3. Psychotest and English Test
4. Panel Interview, there are 3 people ask you several question, they want to know your seriousness, your life, your family, your education and everything
5. Kebaya Test. They see wether you have any scar and stuff that shown after you put the kebaya on. well for this stage, i got some friend who are too chubby and failed on this stage. Some of them on the border because they have wide shoulder and big hips.

So i think SIA only want a good propotion of body. Me, myself got complained and have to lose some weight. But the give me a chance to try. Also watch out about your make up, hair, shoes and dress. Some of them got complain because of this.

Hope this helps anyone who want to apply for this job :)

cheers
hi Sgirl,

so the age is 20-26? they did not put the age limit on their recruitment. so i suppose, i can't apply for it because i am turning 27 this year....

and, u mean they will give you chance to be a stewardess even though if we look fat in the kebaya?

so, the trying out of kebaya is the last step of the interview?

i've been wanting to be a SIA stewardess, but thought that i should work for a few years before applying for it, guess now, it is too late, because i am old already.....and got wide hips too....

congrats to you Sgirl! on getting the job, have fun! =)
Hi mabel,
am newbie here...I was invited to the first interview...but am very nervous whether to go or not?the main problems will be my height...did they do any height measurement? cause my height was only 1.56m....

Hi Mabel,

May I know if u bun ur hair up during the kebaya test. Is make up allowed on that stage? Thank you!

Jaz

Post by Jaz » Fri, 29 Apr 2005 11:58 pm

Hi pple.. i got selected for an interview with SIA on 7th may 0920.. anyone having the same time as me? email me at [email protected]
maybe we can meet up first...

Reverie

Post by Reverie » Sat, 30 Apr 2005 12:11 am

To Guest and orangie, mine's 1020am, 7th May.

Anyone else? :)

mabel

Post by mabel » Sat, 30 Apr 2005 1:23 am

Anonymous wrote:
mabel wrote:

Hi mabel,
hi,

the min. height is 1.58m. they will measure your height once u report for ur interview. if ur height is under 1.58m, u will be ask to go.

my friends told me when she went for her interview in jan.

so, it is up to u if u want to to go or not. but u said that your height was 1.56m, so maybe now you are over 1.56m?

all the best! =)

orangie

Post by orangie » Sat, 30 Apr 2005 1:52 am

mine is at 8.40am on 7th may. anyone?

Post by Guest » Sat, 30 Apr 2005 11:02 am

Reverie wrote:To Guest and orangie, mine's 1020am, 7th May.

hi Reverie,

i have the same timeslot as you:) 10.20am 7th May. My email is [email protected]

Keisha

Post by Keisha » Sat, 30 Apr 2005 11:19 am

Anonymous wrote:
Reverie wrote:To Guest and orangie, mine's 1020am, 7th May.

hi Reverie,

i have the same timeslot as you:) 10.20am 7th May. My email is [email protected]
guys, i do not understand something... i thought SIA just conducted an interview on the dates 23/04/05 and 24/04/05? and how come now the next interview is 07/05/04? how come so fast? i thought normally its after few months?

summer85

Post by summer85 » Sat, 30 Apr 2005 11:25 am

hi people,
I have an interview on 7th may 1040.Anyone wanna go with me?Becoz im alone.haha.

summer85

Post by summer85 » Sat, 30 Apr 2005 11:31 am

Actually some people got in with 1.56m and are flying now.Just be friendly to the person measuring ur height.Be very friendly.Sometimes they will close one eye.So don't worry so much,you might never know.Who knows if their system might measure u 1.58.So just go ahead and give it a try.At least even you dont make it thr the height measurement,you won't regret.At least you tried.

Im 1.58 too.Who knows i go there they might measure me 1.57?

So don't worry too much!All the best everyone!!

AngelZhou

Need suggestion.

Post by AngelZhou » Sat, 30 Apr 2005 11:38 am

Hi all,

I'll be getting my diploma next year. I'm a true freelance person. I do few freelance jobs before like roadshow promoter job and else. The problem is I need to apply for PR after I graduate and if I'm only a freelancer I cannot apply for work permit and getting my PR status. Not to mention that my TGD require me to work 3 years in singapore company :?

I'm thinking about going to SIA as FA just for short term period. May I know what is the shortest bond period? And during the 3 month training, do they give us sallary?

As for height I'm 165 so that won't be a problem I guess.