Singapore Expats

Moles removal

Discuss about beauty & health. Need some advice or looking for a particular product? Share your beauty and health tips here.
beannybean

Moles removal

Post by beannybean » Sat, 13 Aug 2011 11:46 pm

Hi fellow online friends,

Just wandering if anyone know any place that can remove moles on arms and face?

Preferably in the west location, cheap price and good would be a benefit.

Thanks.
Your help/advise is much appreciated.

beannybean

Post by beannybean » Mon, 15 Aug 2011 1:25 am

Thanks for the view. But would appreciate if you guys could help me out here.

curiousgeorge
Reporter
Reporter

Post by curiousgeorge » Mon, 15 Aug 2011 9:05 am

National Skin Centre is the place I went. Dunno how much it would cost you, but at least you have the backing of a major hospital rather than a beautician's parlour...

sundaymorningstaple
Answers: 21

Post by sundaymorningstaple » Mon, 15 Aug 2011 9:43 am

Buying a dachshund will help as well.
SOME PEOPLE TRY TO TURN BACK THEIR ODOMETERS. NOT ME. I WANT PEOPLE TO KNOW WHY I LOOK THIS WAY. I'VE TRAVELED A LONG WAY, AND SOME OF THE ROADS WEREN'T PAVED. ~ Will Rogers

cammomiley

Post by cammomiley » Mon, 15 Aug 2011 10:58 am

Drats! I should have bought just 1 dachshund instead of 2 chow chows :twisted:
sundaymorningstaple wrote:Buying a dachshund will help as well.

cammomiley

Re: Moles removal

Post by cammomiley » Mon, 15 Aug 2011 11:03 am

NSC is good, but appointment most probably require at least 4 weeks in advance.

Most aesthetic doctors and beauticians also provide moles removal. But I advised against going to beauticians for obvious reasons.
beannybean wrote:Hi fellow online friends,

Just wandering if anyone know any place that can remove moles on arms and face?

Preferably in the west location, cheap price and good would be a benefit.

Thanks.

sundaymorningstaple

Post by sundaymorningstaple » Mon, 15 Aug 2011 1:36 pm

cammomiley wrote:Drats! I should have bought just 1 dachshund instead of 2 chow chows :twisted:
sundaymorningstaple wrote:Buying a dachshund will help as well.
True. Chow chows won't dig the moles out, dachshunds will, and kill them to boot.

I really can't imaging having a couple of these things hanging off your face or neck....
SOME PEOPLE TRY TO TURN BACK THEIR ODOMETERS. NOT ME. I WANT PEOPLE TO KNOW WHY I LOOK THIS WAY. I'VE TRAVELED A LONG WAY, AND SOME OF THE ROADS WEREN'T PAVED. ~ Will Rogers

beannybean

Post by beannybean » Sun, 21 Aug 2011 9:21 pm

sundaymorningstaple

Posted: Mon Aug 15, 2011 9:43 am Post subject:
Buying a dachshund will help as well.

Is your english literacy bad or my words are not clear?
I understand there are different form of words for 'Mole'.
But clearly what I am asking here is those beauty related moles.

Moderator? What a joke.

Miss Swan
Chatter
Chatter

Post by Miss Swan » Mon, 29 Aug 2011 3:23 pm

How many moles are you looking to remove? If you're serious about going to a beauty salon and are aware of the risks, here's one you can try. The salon charges $10-25 per mole, depending on size:

Blk 22 Havelock Road
#01-701
Singapore 160022
Tel: 6271 5538
(8 min walk from Tiong Bahru MRT)

otherwise I'd recommend a proper aesthetics doctor any day. There's one in Orchard who charges somewhere around $200-300 for removal of moles of any amount / size.

www.alaxis.com.sg

sundaymorningstaple

Post by sundaymorningstaple » Mon, 29 Aug 2011 4:35 pm

beannybean wrote: Is your english literacy bad or my words are not clear?
I understand there are different form of words for 'Mole'.
But clearly what I am asking here is those beauty related moles.

Moderator? What a joke.
If they are beauty related, why remove them?

Clearly, you wouldn't see a jibe if it slapped you in the beauty mark/mole. :roll:

beannybean

Post by beannybean » Mon, 12 Sep 2011 6:50 pm

Clearly I have reasons enough not to prove it to you but to justify myself to remove those unwanted moles. Lol.

Xeven

Mole removal Experience

Post by Xeven » Mon, 30 Apr 2012 5:31 pm

I got 4 moles removed from my face a year ago at Toa Payoh. Cost me $60, along with a cream to apply on the wounds. All healed within a week and have left no scars.

Don't know the name of the saloon, but they used some laser to do it. Only have the contact of the therapist.

For anyone who might be interested, her name is Yuki, 9757 0330. Cheers!

LydiaSim

Re: Mole removal Experience

Post by LydiaSim » Sun, 27 May 2012 1:49 am

Xeven wrote:I got 4 moles removed from my face a year ago at Toa Payoh. Cost me $60, along with a cream to apply on the wounds. All healed within a week and have left no scars.

Don't know the name of the saloon, but they used some laser to do it. Only have the contact of the therapist.

For anyone who might be interested, her name is Yuki, 9757 0330. Cheers!
Just to share an experience. Last year, I went to a dermatology clinic to get 2 moles removed from my face, a large one near the top of my forehead and a smaller one on my left cheek, both were the raised type. The doctor asked if I wanted surgery or just application of some chemical to remove them. Naturally, I chose not to have surgery thinking that it'll leave scars!

Then he proceeded to apply a white cream onto the 2 places saying that it may be a little painful. I felt pretty scared. The next 10-15mins were the most agonizing in my life as I felt the chemical eating into the flesh on my skin! I nearly cried but the doctor just reassured me to bear with it for a little while more and the pain would be over!

Tears were forming in my eyes. Then he took out something that looked like a scapula and started scrapping at the mole on my cheek. It was over in less than a minute. Then he proceeded to scrape the larger mole. That took nearly 5 whole minutes. You cannot imagine the suffering I went through. Finally, when it was all bloody and over, I was told to rinse my face and another white cream was applied (probably antiseptic of something) and I was given antibiotics and an antiseptic cream and told to return 1 week later to check if there's any infection and stuff.

The whole treatment cost $300, inclusive of the medication. I did not return for check up a week later as I was too traumatized! Fortunately, my wounds healed without any complications. Unfortunately, the smaller mole was removed leaving a crater about twice the size of the mole but the larger mole was only partially removed! The doctor had only managed to remove the raised part of the mole but though the mole is flat now, the colour is still there!

Coincidentally, my close friend recommended me to Yuki, who was at Toa Payoh then. I went to see her and was told that had I gone to her for mole removal treatment earlier, I would not have the crater on my cheek and the larger mole would also have been removed without having to suffer so much pain. Anyway, she charged me $60 for the removal of the larger mole and an additional $15 for a scar cream. She used anesthetic and the whole procedure took only about 20mins. There was no pain, only a slight discomfort. I was told not to eat certain food and to return to see her if the mole was not completely removed.

Similarly, my wound healed and a scab was formed in about a week. I followed her instructions and after the scab fell off, the skin under was flat, but slightly pink in colour. However, in about 2 months, the colour of the wound became almost the same as the areas around it. Now, about a year later, you can't even tell that I had ever had a mole there. Thanks Yuki!