Singapore Expats

Color Blind for IT Job

Moving to Singapore? Ask our regular expats in Singapore questions on relocation and their experience here. Ask about banking, employment pass, insurance, visa, work permit, citizenship or immigration issues.

Sponsored by:

Utrust Immigration
edmentay

Color Blind for IT Job

Post by edmentay » Wed, 10 Aug 2011 3:27 pm

Hi, I just signed my offer letter and just gotten my In-Principal approval letter from MOM. Now waiting for the Medical Report clearance. My question, I have partial color blind. Would it be affect my EP approval? say that I unfit this position. My Job is IT Analyst.

Can anyone advise on this?

Regards,
Tay

JayCee
Reporter
Reporter

Post by JayCee » Wed, 10 Aug 2011 4:56 pm

You are kidding right?

Do you have masters by any chance?
I HAVE MASTERS!

ecureilx
Immortal
Immortal

Re: Color Blind for IT Job

Post by ecureilx » Wed, 10 Aug 2011 8:05 pm

edmentay wrote:Hi, I just signed my offer letter and just gotten my In-Principal approval letter from MOM. Now waiting for the Medical Report clearance. My question, I have partial color blind. Would it be affect my EP approval? say that I unfit this position. My Job is IT Analyst.

Can anyone advise on this?

Regards,
Tay
MOM medical has no clause to check for colour blindness, but, my current employer's medical, even though I am in an office work environment, working in "black and white" (or green screen environment) they required a medical at their designated medical center, and despite my telling the doctor that I aint got nothing to do with no colour, the doctor did test my colour sight.

BTW, for Driving licenses, you need colour accuracy .. how will you go about if you are partially colour blind ?

sgbenben

Post by sgbenben » Wed, 17 Aug 2011 5:59 pm

as IT analyst, color blind is not big problem. under some IT configuration or debug console, it is still black and white mode even some user friendly interface have different color to emphasize different note or warnings, you still can get right info from text. :)

dburrows

Post by dburrows » Wed, 17 Aug 2011 7:30 pm

I do not think that the concern with being color blind will affect portraying your job description as an IT analyst. As you will probably be dealing with code only which in common terms are in black and white. The worst you could face is trying to look at the color picture on the loading screen of the language you are going to use.

But for driving, you will probably have the hard time here even so if you cannot distinguish the traffic lights' color.

x9200

Post by x9200 » Wed, 17 Aug 2011 8:26 pm

sgbenben wrote:as IT analyst, color blind is not big problem. under some IT configuration or debug console, it is still black and white mode even some user friendly interface have different color to emphasize different note or warnings, you still can get right info from text. :)
Don't you think that (s)he as the IT analyst knows that? I have this impression that your presence on this forum is mainly to advertise your website/business so please do not push your luck too much.