Singapore Expats

NDP

Discuss about the latest news & interesting topics, real life experience or other out of topic discussions with locals & expatriates in Singapore.
sundaymorningstaple
Answers: 21

NDP

Post by sundaymorningstaple » Mon, 08 Aug 2011 8:28 pm

Anybody going tomorrow? I'm really not looking forward to it, but it will be only the second time I've gone in all my years here, plus I managed to secure two tickets via the Resident's Committee. The first time was on Singapore's 17th NDP at the Padang. The National Stadium wasn't finished then. Now it's gone as well! This is the 46th!

Damn, there's lot of water gone under the bridge in these almost 30 years. I've seen a lot of non-stop happenings here but the one thing I've never seen is a 360 degree of the skyline without a tower crane somewhere! Been an interesting journey, to say the least.
SOME PEOPLE TRY TO TURN BACK THEIR ODOMETERS. NOT ME. I WANT PEOPLE TO KNOW WHY I LOOK THIS WAY. I'VE TRAVELED A LONG WAY, AND SOME OF THE ROADS WEREN'T PAVED. ~ Will Rogers

Tigerslayer
Chatter
Chatter

Post by Tigerslayer » Mon, 08 Aug 2011 9:29 pm

I will not be going since I will be working, but will be watching it on TV.

The last couple of years we have tried to catch the fireworks but its so hard to get a good spot. Usually I have to work so it is a mad rush to get there and always last minute so this year we are playing it safe.

Keep saying next year will go for one of the hotel packages that overlook it though... But said that last year also :P

Asian_Geekette
Reporter
Reporter

Re: NDP

Post by Asian_Geekette » Tue, 09 Aug 2011 12:13 am

sundaymorningstaple wrote:Anybody going tomorrow? I'm really not looking forward to it, but it will be only the second time I've gone in all my years here, plus I managed to secure two tickets via the Resident's Committee. The first time was on Singapore's 17th NDP at the Padang. The National Stadium wasn't finished then. Now it's gone as well! This is the 46th!

Damn, there's lot of water gone under the bridge in these almost 30 years. I've seen a lot of non-stop happenings here but the one thing I've never seen is a 360 degree of the skyline without a tower crane somewhere! Been an interesting journey, to say the least.
Too bad! I've always wanted to join the "raffle" or "lottery" for the tickets but I never did join since I have a crazy work schedule. I'll never know if I'll be working during a Singapore public holiday somewhere overseas. Like right now, I'm in Bangalore but if I was in Singapore, I would have taken you up on this SMS. :)
My business is not to remake myself, but make the absolute best out of what God made. -Robert Browning

nakatago

Post by nakatago » Tue, 09 Aug 2011 12:40 am

Hey, guys, if you all go to the Google homepage right now (Aug 9), the Google Doodle is for Singapore's National Day...as long as you're IP says you're in Singapore.
:)
"A quokka is what would happen if there was an anime about kangaroos."

Asian_Geekette
Reporter
Reporter

Post by Asian_Geekette » Tue, 09 Aug 2011 2:43 am

nakatago wrote:Hey, guys, if you all go to the Google homepage right now (Aug 9), the Google Doodle is for Singapore's National Day...as long as you're IP says you're in Singapore.
I'm in India now but I still saw it. I just had to add .sg to the Google web address. :)
My business is not to remake myself, but make the absolute best out of what God made. -Robert Browning

nakatago

Post by nakatago » Tue, 09 Aug 2011 8:30 am

Asian_Geekette wrote:
nakatago wrote:Hey, guys, if you all go to the Google homepage right now (Aug 9), the Google Doodle is for Singapore's National Day...as long as you're IP says you're in Singapore.
I'm in India now but I still saw it. I just had to add .sg to the Google web address. :)
Forgot that that works too :)

sundaymorningstaple
Answers: 21

Post by sundaymorningstaple » Tue, 09 Aug 2011 11:19 am

Hummmm. Something about hoist & petard about now? :lol:
SOME PEOPLE TRY TO TURN BACK THEIR ODOMETERS. NOT ME. I WANT PEOPLE TO KNOW WHY I LOOK THIS WAY. I'VE TRAVELED A LONG WAY, AND SOME OF THE ROADS WEREN'T PAVED. ~ Will Rogers

morenangpinay
Reporter
Reporter

Post by morenangpinay » Tue, 09 Aug 2011 1:33 pm

Happy national day!... i wanted to go to the open house of Istana last weekend but the rains kept me from going out.sigh..hopefully it wont rain on aug. 30

nakatago

Post by nakatago » Tue, 09 Aug 2011 1:35 pm

The museums are FOC today!

Return to “General Discussions”