Singapore Expats

Question regarding EPEC

Discuss about getting a well paid job or career advancement. Ask about salaries, expat packages, CPF & taxes for expatriate.
bahibo

Question regarding EPEC

Post by bahibo » Sun, 07 Aug 2011 11:30 pm

Dear friends, i need your help again.

I have a friend who is working in Singapore under EP Q1. She want to resign, apply EPEC to have time find another job, the current job have some boss problem which made her want to quit soon. Problem is:

1. Can she apply EPEC even if she worked and hold EP before?
2. Can she apply EPEC while holding EP then cancel EP when get EPEC or have to cancel her EP first? (for me i think need cancel EP first but it worth checking)

Thank you so much for the help guys.

sundaymorningstaple
Answers: 21

Post by sundaymorningstaple » Mon, 08 Aug 2011 12:45 am

No, she can't.
SOME PEOPLE TRY TO TURN BACK THEIR ODOMETERS. NOT ME. I WANT PEOPLE TO KNOW WHY I LOOK THIS WAY. I'VE TRAVELED A LONG WAY, AND SOME OF THE ROADS WEREN'T PAVED. ~ Will Rogers

bahibo

Post by bahibo » Mon, 08 Aug 2011 9:16 am

Thanks for your help Sundaymorningstaple, hope i am not being a pain but i want to check to make sure, can she apply EPEC after she quit and cancel her EP? I am not sure if your answer refer to this case. Thanks.

sundaymorningstaple
Answers: 21

Post by sundaymorningstaple » Mon, 08 Aug 2011 11:37 am

:roll: Do what ever you want. Obviously, MOM already knows she is eligible as she has already had an Employment Pass. So, why would they issue her an EPEC now? #-o

MOM is a hell of a lot smarter than you are. Do you think they are going to let her apply to ICA for a one years LTVP? Get real. Too many have already tried that gambit and lost. You think they were born yesterday?
SOME PEOPLE TRY TO TURN BACK THEIR ODOMETERS. NOT ME. I WANT PEOPLE TO KNOW WHY I LOOK THIS WAY. I'VE TRAVELED A LONG WAY, AND SOME OF THE ROADS WEREN'T PAVED. ~ Will Rogers

bahibo

Post by bahibo » Mon, 08 Aug 2011 11:47 am

She need to resign from her job, but she fear can not find another job in 1 month. As EPEC is for finding job, i just thought may be we can apply it to have more time finding job. I dont really understand about the outsmart, who smarter than who, i didn't understand how the system work, not that i try to outsmart the system. Anyway, thanks for your help Sms, what you said make sense to some degree, thank you.