Singapore Expats

Employment Pass

Relocating, travelling or planning to make Singapore home? Discuss the criterias, passes or visa that is required.
FaeLLe
Chatter
Chatter

Post by FaeLLe » Sat, 30 Jul 2011 3:24 pm

Pls help check with MOE and update us

sundaymorningstaple
Answers: 21

Post by sundaymorningstaple » Sat, 30 Jul 2011 3:37 pm

This is starting to feel a bit ominous to me. I'm seeing more and more of these cases. It's interesting as I'm wondering if the Gahmen are planning on biting the bullet some more and just wiping the slates clean? Letting you finish your educations, if you can't find a job (no experience) good luck and goodbye, foregoing the bond, and in the off chance in the future, if you come back, with something to bring to the table, they will consider approving and subsequently letting the bond be served then. The bond is not the same as the PR scheme that was also given to some students whereby if they found a job (any job) they could get PR as that was part of the LPR scheme offered to some in degree programs. (I know. I hired two fresh accounting graduates back in 2005 & 2006 with the proviso that they work for me at least 1 year as I knew they wouldn't stay for the money we were offering, once they got the PR. They both honored their word and after a year was up they went on the greener pastures. But they weren't under a bond so I believe it's two different programs and it' looks like they are shutting both down.

Bye the way, both were Indonesian Chinese that I hired as well. They seemed to get the majority of the LPR schemes (in fact, they were always the biggest recipients).
SOME PEOPLE TRY TO TURN BACK THEIR ODOMETERS. NOT ME. I WANT PEOPLE TO KNOW WHY I LOOK THIS WAY. I'VE TRAVELED A LONG WAY, AND SOME OF THE ROADS WEREN'T PAVED. ~ Will Rogers

frekedech

Post by frekedech » Sat, 30 Jul 2011 6:57 pm

sundaymorningstaple wrote:This is starting to feel a bit ominous to me. I'm seeing more and more of these cases. It's interesting as I'm wondering if the Gahmen are planning on biting the bullet some more and just wiping the slates clean? Letting you finish your educations, if you can't find a job (no experience) good luck and goodbye, foregoing the bond, and in the off chance in the future, if you come back, with something to bring to the table, they will consider approving and subsequently letting the bond be served then. The bond is not the same as the PR scheme that was also given to some students whereby if they found a job (any job) they could get PR as that was part of the LPR scheme offered to some in degree programs. (I know. I hired two fresh accounting graduates back in 2005 & 2006 with the proviso that they work for me at least 1 year as I knew they wouldn't stay for the money we were offering, once they got the PR. They both honored their word and after a year was up they went on the greener pastures. But they weren't under a bond so I believe it's two different programs and it' looks like they are shutting both down.

Bye the way, both were Indonesian Chinese that I hired as well. They seemed to get the majority of the LPR schemes (in fact, they were always the biggest recipients).
I will be glad if they forgo my bond. :twisted:

I was thinking to settle in Singapore when I first came here. But hearing the news about Singapore recently, its kind of 'suggest' me to serve my bond and leave. It is sad indeed.

And if I run away before serving my bond, 3 to 5 years down the road they might send a bunch of lawyers to sue the hell out me. :???:

kaizoku9873

Post by kaizoku9873 » Tue, 02 Aug 2011 9:15 pm

Hi all,

thanks for the replies. My appeal has been submitted. I guess all I can do is to wait and hope.

kaizoku9873

Post by kaizoku9873 » Tue, 02 Aug 2011 9:18 pm

frekedech wrote:
kaizoku9873 wrote:Thanks for the reply. Company's HR told me there is no reason. My ethnicity is Chinese. It got rejected on the same day as the application date. I am currently on student pass and expiring in about 3 weeks time. Based on the qualification i have, i should be able to get the EP. Could it mismatch of details. I read on one of the thread in this forum, the EP was rejected 15 min after it had been submitted. My student pass adress is different from the address i use in the EP application. Could this be the problem? The application was submitted through EP Online.
We are in the same blue! I am Indonesian chinese poly graduate with 3-yr bond to serve. I have been here for 5yrs. My application was rejected at the same day and the company I'm going to work for is not small though. When I asked MOM, they told me to ask HR (too bad its saturday already).

I think I will visit MOE next monday to enquire them about this, how could we get to work when our pass is rejected? :shock:
Hi frekedech,

what did the MOE say? update us if you have check with them. Thanks.

frekedech

Post by frekedech » Tue, 02 Aug 2011 9:53 pm

kaizoku9873 wrote:
Hi frekedech,

MOE will escalate it to their officers and give me an appeal letter in 2 weeks, not much help there although they give me case number so I could check with them again.

Not satisfied, then I went to MOM and ask them what happened. They told me to ask my company to apply S Pass for me instead, since I'm poly grad and offered a salary of $1700 by my employer. Furthermore, they told me to demand $2000 of salary from my employer so there will be high chance of approval.

Anw, do your employer offered you a salary below EP requirement($2800)?
Last edited by frekedech on Tue, 02 Aug 2011 10:10 pm, edited 2 times in total.

singaporeflyer
Answers: 2

Post by singaporeflyer » Tue, 02 Aug 2011 9:54 pm

frekedech,I Would suggest you to read the Service Obligation document again. It states what would be the terms if you are unable to obtain a job in SG. Read that document again.

Good Luck !

frekedech

Post by frekedech » Tue, 02 Aug 2011 10:01 pm

singaporeflyer wrote:Would suggest you to read the Service Obligation document again. It states what would be the terms if you are unable to obtain a job in SG. Read that document again.

Good Luck !
Read already...

In short, If we are unable to obtain employment we should inform government immediately. And If we are unable to obtain work pass, we and our sureties have to pay the grant.

I think I'm screwed... :-|

singaporeflyer
Answers: 2

Post by singaporeflyer » Wed, 03 Aug 2011 9:14 am

frekedech, did you sign a service obligation document to work in SG for 3 years after completion of your studies? When did you sign it?

frekedech

Post by frekedech » Wed, 03 Aug 2011 9:36 am

singaporeflyer wrote:frekedech, did you sign a service obligation document to work in SG for 3 years after completion of your studies? When did you sign it?
U mean the tuition grant? It has clauses and conditions in which I obliged to work after my study. I signed it when I start my study in poly 3 years ago...

kaizoku9873

Post by kaizoku9873 » Fri, 26 Aug 2011 6:43 pm

frekedech wrote:
kaizoku9873 wrote:
Hi frekedech,

MOE will escalate it to their officers and give me an appeal letter in 2 weeks, not much help there although they give me case number so I could check with them again.

Not satisfied, then I went to MOM and ask them what happened. They told me to ask my company to apply S Pass for me instead, since I'm poly grad and offered a salary of $1700 by my employer. Furthermore, they told me to demand $2000 of salary from my employer so there will be high chance of approval.

Anw, do your employer offered you a salary below EP requirement($2800)?
Sorry, I have been missing for quite a long time. yes, I meet the salary requirement.

kaizoku9873

Post by kaizoku9873 » Fri, 26 Aug 2011 6:45 pm

Hi SMS and all others,

my EP has been approved. Thanks all for the advices and suggestions.

JR8
Immortal
Immortal

Post by JR8 » Fri, 26 Aug 2011 6:54 pm

sundaymorningstaple wrote:No, the reason, in all probability is the fact that you have no experience. Therefore you do not have anything that sets you apart or makes you more valuable that a local fresh graduate. ...
Well, apart from the fact he's not Singaporean

:P :cool:

frekedech

Post by frekedech » Fri, 26 Aug 2011 11:26 pm

Hey guys! Just got my EP approved after moving on to other company (since the first company not keen in appealing the case).
The process took about one week.

Thanks all for the infos and helps!! =)