Singapore Expats

pls help, dependent pass rejected.

Relocating, travelling or planning to make Singapore home? Discuss the criterias, passes or visa that is required.
cherrycute

pls help, dependent pass rejected.

Post by cherrycute » Mon, 01 Aug 2011 10:44 am

Hi,

I ve already been in Singapore for purpose of studies and after which i got jobs but when the companies applied for S PASS, it got rejected continuously as the reason was that some employer has given some irrelevant information while applying. I came here on student pass since my boyfriend got job here. So i also tried finding jobs after my studies here but i was not successful. So i went back to India and again i came here on social visit and I recently got married in Singapore , myself and my husband are foreigners.My husband is working here for one and half years and he is an EP holder. His company applied online for my DP with the supporting documents like marriage certificate and it was also rejected. They again applied for the second time and it got rejected again. The HR of his company called up and spoke to MOM and they gave the same reason that my profile has different work experiences and so it has been rejected. The company has done an appeal for my dependent pass. I ve two more days to go to get the results. I am afraid if they will reject once again. We are clueless and dont know how to proceed further as my visit visa is expiring on 17th and i ve already been given a month of extension.We thought to go to MOM directly and speak to any of the officers but we heard that MOM is not entertaining anyone to come to MOM directly. Pls someone gimme some advice on this, i dont want to leave my husband and go back to India.
Last edited by cherrycute on Tue, 02 Aug 2011 12:25 pm, edited 1 time in total.

ksl
Governor
Governor

Post by ksl » Mon, 01 Aug 2011 3:29 pm

ve already been in Singapore for purpose of studies and after which i got jobs
You need to find out what the irrelevant information is that your previous employer submitted. It can hardly be irrelevant!

The problem being if you have been employed before and now your new employer is submitting, indicates the information supplied is not truthful or something is nbot correct. Maybe dates or your work experience only you can sort this out, I would ask your company to arrange a meeting with the officer dealing with it to find out were the error is.

cherrycute

Post by cherrycute » Mon, 01 Aug 2011 4:39 pm

hi,

thanks for your reply. but rite now i ve stopped for applying for s pass, since i cud not end up wid ny pass, i got married to my guy. now they are rejecting my dependent pass too. so i would like to know whether it is possible for us to go and meet the MOM officers directly and explain them as im running out of time... But we came to know thro few of our friends tht MOM is not entertaining any applicant to drop into MOM directly.

revhappy
Editor
Editor

Post by revhappy » Tue, 02 Aug 2011 6:06 pm

As far as I know, while applying for a DP you dont have to specify your previous work experience. Its only your educations qualifications that need to be specified.

I think there is something you have done wrong in the past that is haunting you now. Or you are just plain unlucky

cherrycute

Post by cherrycute » Tue, 02 Aug 2011 9:47 pm

Hi,

Thanks a lot for your reply. Yes, i was only askd to provide my educational transcripts and certificates by the HR. It got rejected when it was applied online. So the HR cald up MOM, and enquired about the reason for the rejection, then the HR was informed that since the application has submitted with a wrong information by some employer which was not relevant to the previous applications when i was trying for jobs here is the reason why the system has rejected my DP application also. I have not done anything wrong.

revhappy
Editor
Editor

Post by revhappy » Tue, 02 Aug 2011 10:05 pm

cherrycute wrote:Hi,

Thanks a lot for your reply. Yes, i was only askd to provide my educational transcripts and certificates by the HR. It got rejected when it was applied online. So the HR cald up MOM, and enquired about the reason for the rejection, then the HR was informed that since the application has submitted with a wrong information by some employer which was not relevant to the previous applications when i was trying for jobs here is the reason why the system has rejected my DP application also. I have not done anything wrong.
Oh IC. Thats sad. May be MoM thinks that you were the one who provided them with false work experience information. But why should it affect a DP application, thats wierd.