Singapore Expats

Rental restrictions for pets

Discuss about life in Singapore. Ask about cost of living, housing, travel, etiquette & lifestyle. Share experience & advice with Singaporeans & expat staying in Singapore.
anu2011

Rental restrictions for pets

Post by anu2011 » Tue, 02 Aug 2011 4:34 am

Hi,

My husband and I are moving to Singapore from the US in a few months. We have a 4 yrs old german shepard mix, about 48 pounds.

Are there any kind of restrictions regarding pets in rental condos or apts in singapore? We plan on renting a condo/apt.

Any input is appreciated.

Thanks
Anu

Mad Scientist
Director
Director
Answers: 4

Post by Mad Scientist » Tue, 02 Aug 2011 4:52 am

Some condo Management has restriction on dog size. Some LL does not permit dogs per se.
The public housing has stricter restriction too due to religious tolerance as Muslim population account for about 13 % and shrinking.
My best advise rent a Service Apartment here for about 2 weeks . then on do the legwork. Seeing is believing.
Our host is a great place to start.
You need to understand the legal framework here too
Have a search in this forum which is at the right hand top corner under the profile link. Type in Tenancy Agreement. Pets etc....

If you still cannot find what you are looking for , YELL, we will try to point you to the right direction
The positive thinker sees the invisible, feels the intangible, and achieves the impossible.Yahoo !!!

anu2011

Post by anu2011 » Tue, 02 Aug 2011 7:11 am

Thanks for the reply. Actually I have already contacted a realtor that we know of to get us details about condo rentals and pet policies. Lets see what happens. I cannot dream of leaving my dog here!:)

Thanks again