Singapore Expats

Can I get LTSVP in 10 days (I have EPEC)?

Moving to Singapore? Ask our regular expats in Singapore questions on relocation and their experience here. Ask about banking, employment pass, insurance, visa, work permit, citizenship or immigration issues.

Sponsored by:

Utrust Immigration
honantong

Can I get LTSVP in 10 days (I have EPEC)?

Post by honantong » Fri, 29 Jul 2011 2:35 pm

I need some advises badly.

Anyone know how long it takes to process LTSVP if I already have EPEC? I'm still working in Holland, can take up to 10 days or 2 weeks holiday to go to Singapore. Then I have to go back to finish some work before moving to Singapore.

Do you think it's enough time to get LTSVP (for EPEC holder)?

What are the ways to submit application & documents to ICA? Online , and also directly visit their office? Which is faster?

Or can I apply LTSVP first when I 'm in Holland, and go there to pick up the results and card. I read I need to fill a white card number, which I won't have until I get on the plane.

Can anyone give some advice?

JR8
Immortal
Immortal

Post by JR8 » Fri, 29 Jul 2011 5:29 pm

Are you considering this because of the risk that despite having the EPEC there is the possibility the LTVP might be refused?

carlsum1986
Chatter
Chatter

Post by carlsum1986 » Fri, 29 Jul 2011 5:57 pm

do you have an existing fin number? if no then i think you got to wait around 5 weeks for your ltsvp

honantong

Post by honantong » Fri, 29 Jul 2011 7:05 pm

I'm not particularly worried about being rejected. I just want to be able to complete the process and get the LTSVP during my visit.
Then I will go back to Holland for a while and then come back to Singapore to look for job later.

The reason I'm going there now is my EPEC will expire 14 September.

I don't have a fin number, how to I get it? How long it takes?

sundaymorningstaple
Answers: 21

Post by sundaymorningstaple » Fri, 29 Jul 2011 9:32 pm

You will get your FIN number When you change your AIP into the EPEC.
SOME PEOPLE TRY TO TURN BACK THEIR ODOMETERS. NOT ME. I WANT PEOPLE TO KNOW WHY I LOOK THIS WAY. I'VE TRAVELED A LONG WAY, AND SOME OF THE ROADS WEREN'T PAVED. ~ Will Rogers

honantong

Post by honantong » Fri, 29 Jul 2011 10:53 pm

AIP? I don't think I have AIP?

JR8
Immortal
Immortal

Post by JR8 » Sat, 30 Jul 2011 8:45 am

sundaymorningstaple wrote:You will get your FIN number When you change your AIP into the EPEC.
You mean EPEC into LTVP? :?

sundaymorningstaple
Answers: 21

Post by sundaymorningstaple » Sat, 30 Jul 2011 9:05 am

Actually I meant neither. :-|

When you apply for the LTVP, you will have a FIN number given. You don't "change" the EPEC for the LTVP. You need the EPEC, which is given by MOM, in order to apply for the LTVP. You still have the EPEC after you are given the LTVP. The EPEC only guarantees that you are academically pre-qualilfied "in a related industry". The LTVP only gives you an extended period of time to find an employer who can justify hiring a foreigner. Approval is a two part process. An EPEC holder has completed half of the process as long as it's a position in a related industry. The other half is the employer justifying the need to hire a foreigner in the first place (therein lies one of the biggest problems at the moment) So, holding a degree in Business Administration might not be enough to get you a job as a Mechanical Engineer, or as a Site Civil engineer.

It doesn't make any sense to try to apply for the LTVP from your country as it defeats the purpose of giving it out. It for those who are serious about trying to find a job here. As you have had the EPEC for a while now, and still haven't done anything, frankly, it wouldn't surprise me if ICA didn't give you an LTVP at all (figuring that you were all that serious as you've not been pursuing it vigorously). ICA is NOT required to give you a year long LTVP. In fact, even if you have an EPEC, they don't have to give you a LTVP at all. But you need the EPEC to apply for the LTVP. We've see some given 3 or 6 months, other's 12 months and a couple no LTVP at all. So the ball is in your court. Go for it, or don't. Keep stalling and forget it.
SOME PEOPLE TRY TO TURN BACK THEIR ODOMETERS. NOT ME. I WANT PEOPLE TO KNOW WHY I LOOK THIS WAY. I'VE TRAVELED A LONG WAY, AND SOME OF THE ROADS WEREN'T PAVED. ~ Will Rogers