Singapore Expats

Appeal after PR rejection.

Relocating, travelling or planning to make Singapore home? Discuss the criterias, passes or visa that is required.
JR8
Immortal
Immortal

Post by JR8 » Fri, 29 Apr 2011 1:34 pm

Next thing we'll find he's doing a distance learning MBA, has no work experience (beyond a 3 month unpaid internship shadowing some waste-of-space civil service job) and is wondering why no company in SG will sponsor his extended family to come to SG :roll:

yanoby

Post by yanoby » Sun, 24 Jul 2011 10:29 am

Hi nitinkrmishra,

We are both PRs and have been residing in Singapore for almost 8 years, application for our 10 month old daughter was rejected. We're thinking to put in an appeal. For your case, how did u appeal? did u write to ICA or come in person?

Thks

Yan

coolguy5481

Re: Appeal after PR rejection.

Post by coolguy5481 » Wed, 27 Jul 2011 8:59 am

[quote="nitinkrmishra"]Hi All,

We applied PR in May 2010 and recieved the rejection letter in oct-2010 , We appealed against the rejection . In April 2011 we got a letter from ICA asking for current salary slip & letter from current company of me and my wife.( She is working under DP).

Brief history of my case :
1. I am working in singapore since last 4 1/2 years under P2 pass.
2 . My wife is in singapore since last 2009 april after our marriage in april 2009 , She has started working from 2010 May.
3. Our Household imcome in 8K per month.

Anyone faced this type of situation earlier and what are the chances of getting PR after this appreal.

Thanks ..[/quote]

How do you appeal? whats procedure?

sundaymorningstaple
Answers: 21

Post by sundaymorningstaple » Wed, 27 Jul 2011 9:29 am

Odds are slim to zero for the next couple of years, or at least until they get the resident population demographics back to the racial percentages that they are comfortable with.
SOME PEOPLE TRY TO TURN BACK THEIR ODOMETERS. NOT ME. I WANT PEOPLE TO KNOW WHY I LOOK THIS WAY. I'VE TRAVELED A LONG WAY, AND SOME OF THE ROADS WEREN'T PAVED. ~ Will Rogers

nitinkrmishra

Post by nitinkrmishra » Wed, 27 Jul 2011 10:13 am

Hi Yanoby,

We appealed through written application to ICA in dec 2010 after our rejection in Oct 2010.

I am still waiting for the outcome. I know chances are near to zero but it is not zero.

I know now a days ICA taking lot of time in processing and I know some people who are waiting for the outcome since last 1+ year.

Let's hope for the best.

sundaymorningstaple

Post by sundaymorningstaple » Wed, 27 Jul 2011 11:55 am

A lot of us are hoping for the best outcome. :wink:
SOME PEOPLE TRY TO TURN BACK THEIR ODOMETERS. NOT ME. I WANT PEOPLE TO KNOW WHY I LOOK THIS WAY. I'VE TRAVELED A LONG WAY, AND SOME OF THE ROADS WEREN'T PAVED. ~ Will Rogers

nakatago

And now a public service announcement...

Post by nakatago » Wed, 27 Jul 2011 12:28 pm

sundaymorningstaple wrote:Good example for Nak's next parody! :lol:

...now, back to your regularly scheduled programming.
"A quokka is what would happen if there was an anime about kangaroos."

chandra19998

Post by chandra19998 » Wed, 27 Jul 2011 11:23 pm

[quote="nitinkrmishra"]Hi All,

We applied PR in May 2010 and recieved the rejection letter in oct-2010 , We appealed against the rejection . In April 2011 we got a letter from ICA asking for current salary slip & letter from current company of me and my wife.( She is working under DP).

Brief history of my case :
1. I am working in singapore since last 4 1/2 years under P2 pass.
2 . My wife is in singapore since last 2009 april after our marriage in april 2009 , She has started working from 2010 May.
3. Our Household imcome in 8K per month.

Anyone faced this type of situation earlier and what are the chances of getting PR after this appreal.

Thanks ..[/quote]

Hi how did you appeal for your PR? I went down to ICA to ask but they said that unless I can show evidence that there is significant change in my situation otherwise I will not be able to appeal for PR. So what is considered signficant change? And how long can one submit an appeal? If I enrolled for a Master of MBA here, can I submit to them? Really apprecaite your help a lot!!!!

Mad Scientist
Director
Director
Answers: 4

Post by Mad Scientist » Thu, 28 Jul 2011 4:18 am

chandra19998 wrote:
Hi how did you appeal for your PR? I went down to ICA to ask but they said that unless I can show evidence that there is significant change in my situation otherwise I will not be able to appeal for PR. So what is considered signficant change? And how long can one submit an appeal? If I enrolled for a Master of MBA here, can I submit to them? Really apprecaite your help a lot!!!!
Getting desperate are we ? Do you want me to translate what ICA told you in Bahasa Indonesia ?
The positive thinker sees the invisible, feels the intangible, and achieves the impossible.Yahoo !!!

chandra19998

Post by chandra19998 » Fri, 29 Jul 2011 12:58 pm

[quote="Mad Scientist"][quote="chandra19998"]

Hi how did you appeal for your PR? I went down to ICA to ask but they said that unless I can show evidence that there is significant change in my situation otherwise I will not be able to appeal for PR. So what is considered signficant change? And how long can one submit an appeal? If I enrolled for a Master of MBA here, can I submit to them? Really apprecaite your help a lot!!!![/quote]

Getting desperate are we ? Do you want me to translate what ICA told you in Bahasa Indonesia ?[/quote]

It is not desperate, all I want is stability and the ability to bring my family here to Singapore to have a new life here. I thanks everyone for giving advices but it seems that there are more haters here rather than those who are really helpful, nobody answers any questions but instead giving sacatik remarks or mocking on new commers, i've relised that this forum is not helpful at all

sundaymorningstaple

Post by sundaymorningstaple » Fri, 29 Jul 2011 1:44 pm

chandra19998,

Here's how it is. We hear the same stories day in and day out. The forum is full of similar grievances. The government is on a rampage due to the bad showing in the last GE. There is a strong distaste for foreigners at the moment and it's getting rougher by the day. More and more are being rejected out of hand and it is pretty hard to look at somebody who has been rejected, especially highly (supposedly) educated ones, including lots with suspect masters degrees, who come on here wanting to know what to put into an appeal against the rejection. Each thinks their case is special, and I grant you, it is special. But only to them. What we see here is just a small tip of the iceberg. Most just go home or continue to work on their EPs.

The gahmen have wised up to the abuses of the PR system and now they are being doubly cautious. In fact, they are returning to ideology like they used back in the 80's & early '90's before the advent of the IT push. What does that mean? It means they are NOT looking for new PRs at the moment unless you are bringing something to the table that they desparately need. How long this will last is anybody's guess at this point but the wounds from the GE are still fresh in everybody's mind so probably the next 6 to 12 months are not going to be pleasant. I envision a lot of renewals that aren't going to get renewed as well, truth be known.

So, when someone with a degree asks if they can put the fact that they have enrolled for a MBA and will help them, we really get a case of the chapped arse as that is not a significant change in an application. Why would it be? You don't have the masters yet, and make us wonder if your basic degree is valid if you cannot understand what significant means. This forum is helpful to those who try to help themselves.

With regard to your case in particular, what is it that would make you so special that the gubmint would want to give you PR. If you were on a P1 pass with the same credential e.g., duration of employment here, then, maybe, but on a P2? Nah. I know what the website says, but while the site gives the minimum criteria, it does not say if you have it, it's a guarantee to get PR. This means, the gubmint retains all the cards and can giveth or taketh away. The requirements are the "minimum" you must have before the gubmint will even "consider", but it doesn't mean that all you need to get it.

I'm not real sure why I've take the time to post this, as the next one will come along and read it and then ask the same stupid questions. And that's why we get acerbic and sarcastic at times.

sms

nitinkrmishra

Post by nitinkrmishra » Fri, 29 Jul 2011 2:42 pm

Hi Chandra ,

There was a bigger change in my salary and change was more then 60 % hike. That was the evidence and also my wife got job in singapore.

Mad Scientist
Director
Director
Answers: 4

Post by Mad Scientist » Fri, 29 Jul 2011 2:59 pm

chandra19998 wrote: It is not desperate, all I want is stability and the ability to bring my family here to Singapore to have a new life here. I thanks everyone for giving advices but it seems that there are more haters here rather than those who are really helpful, nobody answers any questions but instead giving sacatik remarks or mocking on new commers, i've relised that this forum is not helpful at all
To be fair to you , yes , I was being sarcastic and mocked you as you ARE and WERE being silly. It just does not get into your thick skull. I believe you cannot accept failure as part and parcel of learning curve of life. Sh*t happens and it has done a pooh on you.
What do you want us to say ? Go and rob the ICA office so that you can get the PR stamp ?
It has been rejected with no time frame to appeal means you have no chance of reapplying or appealing at all. Unless as what SMS said has change significantly on your career then yeah go ahead or you have substantial amount of investment to invest in SG then yes.
I have helped people until I myself landed into trouble. Lesson learned and I will not make that same mistake again.
Call us what you like but I bet ya, you will not get any answers from anywhere else. Why don't you go to other boards and see if you can get a proper response like us
The positive thinker sees the invisible, feels the intangible, and achieves the impossible.Yahoo !!!

chandra19998

Post by chandra19998 » Fri, 29 Jul 2011 10:34 pm

Ok so it just means that I have missed the boat! It was so much easier in the past, I have known so many people and friends who get PR after 6 months, they are having good life here, have houses here and all the family are PRs, they came back and spreading the good news. I have all the qualification they got but just that I am late, well it is so unfair but life is like that i think. Sorry for asking so many questions here, I will just shut my mouth then and accept the bitter fact that I am a late commer at the dock and the ship has left the bay.But I will never give up, even if it means applying again 10 times, 20 times. Unless I can migrate somewhere else, i will keep trying. Hope is afterall the only thing we can have to strike in life!

singaporeflyer
Answers: 1

Post by singaporeflyer » Sat, 30 Jul 2011 12:23 am

chandra19998 wrote: Unless I can migrate somewhere else, i will keep trying. Hope is afterall the only thing we can have to strike in life!
Just to ask you, if you would want to migrate somewhere else why do u want to get PR here..You are spoiling the chance of a person who really wants to settle down here..right?