Singapore Expats

Regarding PR

Relocating, travelling or planning to make Singapore home? Discuss the criterias, passes or visa that is required.
SpouseofPR

Regarding PR

Post by SpouseofPR » Fri, 29 Jul 2011 11:08 am

Hi

I am asking for advice on my case for Permanent residence. My husband is a PR since 2006 October. He is an engineer and MBA from THE BEST institute in India, and draws a monthly salary in excess of 15000$ along with bonus. I hold a MBA degree and have some work experience from India. I got married in Dec 2009 and came here immediately. He applied for my sponsored PR in March 2010 and we got the rejection result in Late November. We appealed against the result in December with a letter from MP, details of my social service that i had done since March till December and my work experience. The appeal is still in process. Now I have got admission to NUS for one year graduate program. Meanwhile apart from doing charity I have tried to integrate as much as I could, including taking mandarin lessons in a CC nearby. Should i sent these docs for updating also?

It will be very helpful to know your views on my case as to what might be the issues why I am being denied PR. It is very difficult for us since we cannot think of settling down here if we are thought of as foreigners and PR isnt given. Also both of us are very young and cannot think of having kids at this point of time! Thanks.

singaporeflyer
Answers: 2

Re: Regarding PR

Post by singaporeflyer » Fri, 29 Jul 2011 11:27 am

SpouseofPR wrote:Hi

I am asking for advice on my case for Permanent residence. My husband is a PR since 2006 October. He is an engineer and MBA from THE BEST institute in India, and draws a monthly salary in excess of 15000$ along with bonus. I hold a MBA degree and have some work experience from India. I got married in Dec 2009 and came here immediately. He applied for my sponsored PR in March 2010 and we got the rejection result in Late November. We appealed against the result in December with a letter from MP, details of my social service that i had done since March till December and my work experience. The appeal is still in process. Now I have got admission to NUS for one year graduate program. Meanwhile apart from doing charity I have tried to integrate as much as I could, including taking mandarin lessons in a CC nearby. Should i sent these docs for updating also?

It will be very helpful to know your views on my case as to what might be the issues why I am being denied PR. It is very difficult for us since we cannot think of settling down here if we are thought of as foreigners and PR isnt given. Also both of us are very young and cannot think of having kids at this point of time! Thanks.
Too much of volunteering within a short frame of time, might look suspicious and do not write in often, disturbing their normal processing.

If in case rejected try after 1 year and by that time you may be half way in your degree too.

SpouseofPR

@ singaporeflyer

Post by SpouseofPR » Fri, 29 Jul 2011 11:31 am

Didnt do too much of volunteering..maybe average once a month. When I did it I didnt know that my application would be rejected. We decided to submit the details when we read on a forum that we can use volunteering as an added point.

sundaymorningstaple
Answers: 21

Post by sundaymorningstaple » Fri, 29 Jul 2011 11:57 am

When one looks desperate, they tend to wonder why...... :-|
SOME PEOPLE TRY TO TURN BACK THEIR ODOMETERS. NOT ME. I WANT PEOPLE TO KNOW WHY I LOOK THIS WAY. I'VE TRAVELED A LONG WAY, AND SOME OF THE ROADS WEREN'T PAVED. ~ Will Rogers

SpouseofPR

PR Approved

Post by SpouseofPR » Sun, 07 Aug 2011 9:34 am

Hi All

MY PR was approved on 1st August. This was an appeal against rejection of the first attempt we made in March 2010. It was rejected in November and we appealed in December with a letter from our local MP, my degree details and Work experience, and also some social work that I did since I came to Singapore. Thanks All.

singaporeflyer
Answers: 2

Post by singaporeflyer » Sun, 07 Aug 2011 10:00 am

Congrats !

SpouseofPR

@SGFlyer

Post by SpouseofPR » Sun, 07 Aug 2011 10:04 am

Thanks.

chandra19998

Post by chandra19998 » Sun, 07 Aug 2011 1:05 pm

Wow, finally there is a sucessful appeal!!! May I know how can you get the letter from your local MP? I am also a rejected PR applicant with qualification same as you, so a letter from MP will make it easy for appeal to be approved right? There is now ray of light at the end of the tunnel!!! thanks so much, you made my day!!! :D

x9200

Post by x9200 » Sun, 07 Aug 2011 1:59 pm

chandra19998 wrote:Wow, finally there is a sucessful appeal!!! May I know how can you get the letter from your local MP? I am also a rejected PR applicant with qualification same as you, so a letter from MP will make it easy for appeal to be approved right
I don't think so. It may help but reading what people posted earlier to this board "easy to approve" is certainly not the case. Besides, I guess you have to convince your MP to support you.

SpouseofPR

@chandra

Post by SpouseofPR » Sun, 07 Aug 2011 3:43 pm

We met the MP in the Meet the People Session. They generally meet you if they have finished meeting all citizens on that day, and have time left. My husband is a PR, so they allowed us to come to the session and met both of us at the end. After hearing our case they asked a few questions about my husband's educational profile, work place, and what I was doing during my period of stay at SG till then. Then they were ready to issue an appeal letter. But I do not know if this happens in all cases. Moreover, I had one significant change during my appeal processing period, I got an admission to a local university here. So maybe everything stacked together helped. Hope this info is of use to you.