Singapore Expats

Tragic News!

Discuss about the latest news & interesting topics, real life experience or other out of topic discussions with locals & expatriates in Singapore.
Plavt
Director
Director

Post by Plavt » Mon, 25 Jul 2011 6:14 am

longstebe wrote: Get a grip, she was a smack head along with everything else and setting a bad example to the younger crowd.
To easy a statement to make, again your callousness is appalling. [-X

JR8
Immortal
Immortal

Post by JR8 » Mon, 25 Jul 2011 7:47 am

Presumably this forum won't be ready for the jokes already doing the rounds, for some time to come?

After all, we're all above that aren't we?

nakatago

Post by nakatago » Mon, 25 Jul 2011 8:21 am

JR8 wrote:After all, we're all above that aren't we?
:-| :-s
"A quokka is what would happen if there was an anime about kangaroos."

sundaymorningstaple
Answers: 21

Post by sundaymorningstaple » Mon, 25 Jul 2011 9:16 am

JR8 wrote:Presumably this forum won't be ready for the jokes already doing the rounds, for some time to come?

What?!? :o You've found enlightenment on your latest excursion? A new leaf? "Heavens to Murgatroyd!"

SOME PEOPLE TRY TO TURN BACK THEIR ODOMETERS. NOT ME. I WANT PEOPLE TO KNOW WHY I LOOK THIS WAY. I'VE TRAVELED A LONG WAY, AND SOME OF THE ROADS WEREN'T PAVED. ~ Will Rogers

JayCee
Reporter
Reporter

Post by JayCee » Mon, 25 Jul 2011 9:49 am

JR8 wrote:Presumably this forum won't be ready for the jokes already doing the rounds, for some time to come?

I'm not above anything :D

What I don't get is how she's being hailed as some kind of genius, I mean come on. She could sing ok-ish but she'll be forgotten in 10 mins, she's no Kurt Cobain or Wacko Jacko that's for sure
I HAVE MASTERS!

ksl
Governor
Governor

Post by ksl » Mon, 25 Jul 2011 1:06 pm

So one or two think it's not tragic to be an alcoholic, drug addict, glue sniffer, or even a drop out!

The lord strikes us down in mysterious ways, for no other reason as to see the light! It is wrong to look down on unfortunate humans, as the addictions grasp the weaker of society! Some even say that life is hell and death is heaven as people are slaughtered every day around the world. It is not for us to judge anyone.

What one must remember are the words of wisdom, what goes around comes around for those that mock the powers of the unknown. To mock a person while they are down on their luck is truly the lowest of the low and a lesson will be taught to such persons don't you think. (Take note of this day, as its my birthday) :P I shall not forget :-|

The selfish will be sacrificed :P ask yourself why and you will recieve an answer :-|

I don't see anyone hailing her to be a genius but a voice well liked, like so many others. Back to Black was without doubt a valuable lesson for so many, walking the line of sanity and insanity is a very thin line, so when you go over the edge, maybe only then will you say a prayer
Last edited by ksl on Mon, 25 Jul 2011 1:17 pm, edited 1 time in total.

nakatago

Post by nakatago » Mon, 25 Jul 2011 1:10 pm

ksl wrote: To mock a person while they are down on their luck is truly the lowest of the low and a lesson will be taught to such persons don't you think.
Still waiting for certain some people who think too highly of themselves to be taught this...
Last edited by nakatago on Mon, 25 Jul 2011 1:11 pm, edited 1 time in total.
"A quokka is what would happen if there was an anime about kangaroos."

JayCee
Reporter
Reporter

Post by JayCee » Mon, 25 Jul 2011 1:10 pm

ksl wrote:The lord strikes us down in mysterious ways, for no other reason as to see the light! It is wrong to look down on unfortunate humans, as the addictions grasp the weaker of society! Some even say that life is hell and death is heaven as people are slaughtered every day around the world. It is not for us to judge anyone.
What if you don't believe in God?
I HAVE MASTERS!

ksl
Governor
Governor

Post by ksl » Mon, 25 Jul 2011 1:26 pm

JayCee wrote:
ksl wrote:The lord strikes us down in mysterious ways, for no other reason as to see the light! It is wrong to look down on unfortunate humans, as the addictions grasp the weaker of society! Some even say that life is hell and death is heaven as people are slaughtered every day around the world. It is not for us to judge anyone.
What if you don't believe in God?
It is not an easy task to believe in god, until you have the need to believe in God.

I recall one day how i wished a person dead, for hurting me inside, he was 21 years old when he was killed, and i felt so guilty that my prayer was answered. What i am saying is that we do not know, we only feel these strange happenings around the world, it is taken for granted that death happens as wars continue, without any end.

I have known good people personally, with such mental torment that it bothers me, why such people should suffer....God is but a word, it's only natural to have believers and non believers, that is why there is so much trouble around the world....There can only be one, yet people make their own gods, whatever that maybe.

Whatever is controlling the universe will surely punish the human for their actions, that's for sure! I was once advised not to play around with the unknown, as one never knows the consequences, of who or what you are delving with.

I'm a believer of the unknown, shamanism, and the power of the universe, i know I have a guardian angle, that is able to show me the light in times of need, so i cannot mock the unknown, selfishness is a one sided affair, and is certainly not a balanced one! :wink: The world needs balance, so its only to be expected that there are those that will criticize the critic. It's all energy positive and negative, there is no in between :-| so it's a feeling one has, to choose the side you prefer, alternating current in the wrong place at the wrong time can cause havoc :roll:

JR8
Immortal
Immortal

Post by JR8 » Mon, 25 Jul 2011 2:48 pm

sundaymorningstaple wrote:

What?!? :o You've found enlightenment on your latest excursion? A new leaf? "Heavens to Murgatroyd!"

It was more an observation on the ad hominem pack-response that Longstebe seemed to get. Different people respond in different ways, and I do not see there being a 'right way', never mind dictating how people should not respond.

Can we start the jokes yet, or do we have to wait a few more days? :wink:

sundaymorningstaple
Answers: 21

Post by sundaymorningstaple » Mon, 25 Jul 2011 2:58 pm

ksl, frankly, I doubt the lord, whoever/whatever (s)he is, had much to do with it. I reckon it was self induced. Hopefully, she found what she was looking for.
SOME PEOPLE TRY TO TURN BACK THEIR ODOMETERS. NOT ME. I WANT PEOPLE TO KNOW WHY I LOOK THIS WAY. I'VE TRAVELED A LONG WAY, AND SOME OF THE ROADS WEREN'T PAVED. ~ Will Rogers

shameenali
Regular
Regular

Post by shameenali » Mon, 25 Jul 2011 4:03 pm

longstebe wrote:
Strong Eagle wrote:
longstebe wrote:A pair of fake boobies gone to waste.
A talented, troubled human being died. Your callousness is appalling.
Get a grip, she was a smack head along with everything else and setting a bad example to the younger crowd.
This world in my humble opinion is a much better place without yet another air-headed / drug-overdosin / boozin celeb livin in it. May God have mercy & forgive her soul. What an incredible waste of talent.... :(

Plavt
Director
Director

Post by Plavt » Mon, 25 Jul 2011 4:15 pm

shameenali wrote:
This world in my humble opinion is a much better place without yet another air-headed / drug-overdosin / boozin celeb livin in it.

Be even better without good few bankers .........

JayCee
Reporter
Reporter

Post by JayCee » Mon, 25 Jul 2011 4:40 pm

Plavt wrote:
shameenali wrote:
This world in my humble opinion is a much better place without yet another air-headed / drug-overdosin / boozin celeb livin in it.

And politicians like Gordon Brown...
I HAVE MASTERS!

shameenali
Regular
Regular

Post by shameenali » Mon, 25 Jul 2011 4:45 pm

Plavt wrote:
shameenali wrote:

Throw in a couple of hardcore Republicans like Boehner r some from the Tea Party Movement into the 'I dont want you in this world' basket & we cud all live happily ever after then. LOL Ohh while we @ it could we also throw in some rating agencies as well?? :P