Singapore Expats

Feel so hurt, PR rejected, any chance for appeal?

Relocating, travelling or planning to make Singapore home? Discuss the criterias, passes or visa that is required.
chandra19998

Feel so hurt, PR rejected, any chance for appeal?

Post by chandra19998 » Mon, 25 Jul 2011 10:49 am

Despite my salary is much higher than Singaporean, today I checked the online iEnquiry and the status for my PR application is rejected :( I have good degree from a decent university in Indonesia, being Indonesia Chinese, young (23 years old), work for a respectable and renown bank here for 1 year 3 months as a graduate training in IT, earn $4800 basic salary with various allowance adding up to more than 5K. I have seen many of my friends became PR with much less salary, some less than 50% my salary with even degree from less well know university. I have nothing to say, it is really unfair. Do any of you have appealed for PR and get it before?

JayCee
Reporter
Reporter

Re: Feel so hurt, PR rejected, any chance for appeal?

Post by JayCee » Mon, 25 Jul 2011 10:52 am

chandra19998 wrote:Despite my salary is much higher than Singaporean, today I checked the online iEnquiry and the status for my PR application is rejected :( I have good degree from a decent university in Indonesia, being Indonesia Chinese, young (23 years old), work for a respectable and renown bank here for 1 year 3 months as a graduate training in IT, earn $4800 basic salary with various allowance adding up to more than 5K. I have seen many of my friends became PR with much less salary, some less than 50% my salary with even degree from less well know university. I have nothing to say, it is really unfair. Do any of you have appealed for PR and get it before?
You've been here, in your words, 1 year 3 months. Did you by any chance read the requirements of applying for PR before you did so?

If you did, you would have read where it says 3 years tax receipts are required, and hence it wouldn't have come as such a shock considering you've not provided that. Try again when you meet the criteria.
I HAVE MASTERS!

chandra19998

Post by chandra19998 » Mon, 25 Jul 2011 10:56 am

I think you are providing false information.

I have read the FAQ session for PR application on ICA, and there is nowhere that say one need to be here for 3 years:

Q: Can I apply for SPR immediately after working here?
A: You can submit an application for consideration as long as you have been issued with a P, Q or S Work Pass.

You can check it here on ICA website:

http://www.ifaq.gov.sg/ica/apps/fcd_faqmain.aspx

I have personally know many of my friends got the PR approval after working for only 8 months, that's why it is hurt to see that they are all PR but mine was rejected without any reason

chandra19998

Post by chandra19998 » Mon, 25 Jul 2011 11:00 am

If I do not qualify, they would not even have accepted my application, please get the fact right! 3 years tax receipts is only for those that have worked for 3 years, i have seen countless PR working less than a fraction of that :?

JayCee
Reporter
Reporter

Post by JayCee » Mon, 25 Jul 2011 11:09 am

Of course, you can apply after 6 months if you want, they're not going to turn down your money if you're too brainless to realise that you have no chance.

It's obvious to anyone who follows the news here or reads this forum that a single, 23 year old with very limited work experience and who has lived in Singapore just over 1 year is not going to get PR approval anymore. I'm baffled as to why you are so shocked about this, I can only assume you were quite a spoilt little rich kid who is used to getting your own way :roll: Well sorry Dorothy, you ain't in Kansas anymore.

Your friends may have been approved, but then we have no idea of their circumstances, nationalities etc... and regardless, every case is considered on it's own merits so theirs would have no bearing on yours, which you'd know if you'd read this forum.

But you know better so go ahead, keep ranting and blame the world, the government, anonymous posters on a forum, God, Jesus, Allah, OJ Simpson and everyone else but yourself :roll:
I HAVE MASTERS!

sundaymorningstaple
Answers: 21

Post by sundaymorningstaple » Mon, 25 Jul 2011 11:50 am

chandra19998 wrote:If I do not qualify, they would not even have accepted my application, please get the fact right! 3 years tax receipts is only for those that have worked for 3 years, i have seen countless PR working less than a fraction of that :?
Boy are you naive! They will take anybody's money. As often as you want to send it. But as has been pointed out, unless your are making in excess of 8K/month and are Chinese (not PRC), then you "might" get PR in less than two years. Otherwise, your chances are probably as good as winning 1st prize in the Wednesday TOTO draw. :roll:

How long ago did your friends get their PR? Recently? In the Last 6~8 months?
SOME PEOPLE TRY TO TURN BACK THEIR ODOMETERS. NOT ME. I WANT PEOPLE TO KNOW WHY I LOOK THIS WAY. I'VE TRAVELED A LONG WAY, AND SOME OF THE ROADS WEREN'T PAVED. ~ Will Rogers

chandra19998

Post by chandra19998 » Mon, 25 Jul 2011 1:42 pm

I've heard that it is getting tougher to apply for PR that why i have waited till 1 year of working here before apply, theoretically i can apply on the day i started working. What bothering me is it is getting that tough even if i have worked for more than 1 year and earn good salary with good company. If they publish the new criteria, I would not have wasted my time and so much hope. Any way I will keep my hope high for the appeal

sundaymorningstaple

Post by sundaymorningstaple » Mon, 25 Jul 2011 3:04 pm

They will keep changing the goalposts until they achieve the results that they are aiming for in the time frame that they envision. Primarily, they are re-aligning the demographic percentages that they let get out of hand during their drive to become an IT hub over the past 12 years. It will get worse for the next couple of years as they try to discourage the races they don't want from applying for PR/citizenship.
SOME PEOPLE TRY TO TURN BACK THEIR ODOMETERS. NOT ME. I WANT PEOPLE TO KNOW WHY I LOOK THIS WAY. I'VE TRAVELED A LONG WAY, AND SOME OF THE ROADS WEREN'T PAVED. ~ Will Rogers

chandra19998

Post by chandra19998 » Tue, 26 Jul 2011 1:11 am

sundaymorningstaple wrote:They will keep changing the goalposts until they achieve the results that they are aiming for in the time frame that they envision. Primarily, they are re-aligning the demographic percentages that they let get out of hand during their drive to become an IT hub over the past 12 years. It will get worse for the next couple of years as they try to discourage the races they don't want from applying for PR/citizenship.
Are you saying that Singapore has enough PR? I doubt so, even Mr Lee Kwan Yew also said that Singapore need more foreign talents:

(URL CENSORED DUE TO COPYRIGHT ISSUES)

Mad Scientist
Director
Director
Answers: 4

Post by Mad Scientist » Tue, 26 Jul 2011 4:41 am

chandra19998 wrote:
sundaymorningstaple wrote:They will keep changing the goalposts until they achieve the results that they are aiming for in the time frame that they envision. Primarily, they are re-aligning the demographic percentages that they let get out of hand during their drive to become an IT hub over the past 12 years. It will get worse for the next couple of years as they try to discourage the races they don't want from applying for PR/citizenship.
Are you saying that Singapore has enough PR? I doubt so, even Mr Lee Kwan Yew also said that Singapore need more foreign talents:

(URL CENSORED DUE TO COPYRIGHT ISSUES)
You think so ?? Do you know what is called TalkFest ? or NATO = No Action Talk Only.
He is being dumped by his son for the very reason whenever he opened up his mouth something bad happened to the Gahmen. He does not control the policy anymore.
Who do you want to believe ?
Get a grip will you ?
The positive thinker sees the invisible, feels the intangible, and achieves the impossible.Yahoo !!!

Saint
Director
Director

Post by Saint » Tue, 26 Jul 2011 8:47 am

Did you not even read the accompanying notes in particular section 7h

http://www.ica.gov.sg/data/resources/do ... ormEP4.pdf

"(h) Payslips for the last 6 months and Income Tax Notices of Assessment for the last 3 years."

sundaymorningstaple

Post by sundaymorningstaple » Tue, 26 Jul 2011 8:55 am

chandra199998, do you, by chance, have an indian masters degree? Would explain a lot. :-|

taxico
Director
Director

Post by taxico » Tue, 26 Jul 2011 9:16 am

chandra19998 wrote:Are you saying that Singapore has enough PR? I doubt so, even Mr Lee Kwan Yew also said that Singapore need more foreign talents...
do re-read what he said at the conference; i don't think he means singapore needs to hand out more permanent residencies... not especially to people who don't add value to the country.
Aut viam ad caelum inveniam aut faciam

chandra19998

Post by chandra19998 » Tue, 26 Jul 2011 12:57 pm

sundaymorningstaple wrote:chandra199998, do you, by chance, have an indian masters degree? Would explain a lot. :-|
Did you even know how to read English? I am Indonesian not Indian, they are totally 2 different countries from different parts of Asia, I know most of you here are not even Asian! Btw I do not have a Master degree but I have been employed by a large company, in today market, Master degree is nothing, in my country people who cannot find job will go and do a Master degree, I don't know why they value so much that Master degree here, but perhaps now that i know that can be one of the reason, maybe they only accept Master degree for PR now, I can consider doing a Master at NUS/NTU, it is not a big deal, just that I have to hang in uncerntainty untill completing the part degree which is another 2 years more, sigh :(

JayCee
Reporter
Reporter

Post by JayCee » Tue, 26 Jul 2011 2:29 pm

What a charmer :roll:
I HAVE MASTERS!