Singapore Expats

Plastic and cosmetic surgery abroad

Everything about beauty enhancement discussion.
tinkerbell88
Regular
Regular

Post by tinkerbell88 » Sun, 24 Jul 2011 4:47 pm

Dear NPP,
The Botox was done before the STL and that was inclusive. I do not know if that will be a regular thing. I doubt it will cost $1k. That's very expensive.
Let us all know how you get on in your quests! There's no harm shopping around some more!
tinkerbell88

Non-Perfect Perfectionist

Post by Non-Perfect Perfectionist » Sun, 24 Jul 2011 7:30 pm

tinkerbell88 wrote:Dear NPP,
The Botox was done before the STL and that was inclusive. I do not know if that will be a regular thing. I doubt it will cost $1k. That's very expensive.
Let us all know how you get on in your quests! There's no harm shopping around some more!

Hi tinkerbell88,

With Dr Woffles Wu, botox is charged @ $600 to $800 per area. Jaw x2 sides + Forehead will add up to $2k more or less, excluding GST. :?

Yea, I will. But won't be soon. I'd most likely get my braces done first. Just started checking around for a Good and Affordable Dental service in Singapore or JB. So far in vain. :(

Have you done any PS tinkerbell88? Care to share?

TheyCallMeHollywood

Post by TheyCallMeHollywood » Mon, 25 Jul 2011 3:57 pm

Non-Perfect Perfectionist wrote:Hihi TheyCallMeHollywood~ ^^

I really really appreciated such detailed reply you've written me! You've been really kind! =D

and OMG! Lost 11kgs just by exercising/diet?! How long did it take you to shake those kgs off? I'm really impressed with your determination!

You seem very much a person whom knows very well what you want in life and go all your way to accomplish each and every one of them. I salute u~!

I have been trying to lose weight (need to shake off at least 6kgs) but nothing at all seem to work for me so far~ =( Very demoralising..

About Braces:
Gosh.. I'd better get mine done soon. I know nothing much but I'm sure it'd definitely be much better to still have my real teeth intact! Does your family know of any good dentist in JB to recommend?

Thread Lift:
Yea.. Dr Woffles Wu really does tagged his services with very high prices. He's like a celebrity plastic surgeon here in Singapore.

Thank you for your advises, I'd definitely do up more research and seek more opinions from different dermatologists and plastic surgeons.

Also thank you for the link to more informations on beauty products! =D

Read earlier you intended to travel to Thailand to have your PS done during the first two weeks of August. That's pretty near soon. I wish all turn out PERFECT for you! =D
Done:braces, rhino,brow lift,buccal fat, thread lift and more injections, lasers and peels than I care to remember.
Soon: forehead aug., 2nd rhino, breast aug. and gummy smile correction, cheek impls.

Post by Non-Perfect Perfectionist » Mon, 25 Jul 2011 7:22 pm

TheyCallMeHollywood wrote:
Non-Perfect Perfectionist wrote:Hihi TheyCallMeHollywood~ ^^...........

Dear TheyCallMeHollywood~

hmmm.... was it just me? I could only see what you'd quoted from my last post to you but not reading any of your words? =9

TheyCallMeHollywood

Post by TheyCallMeHollywood » Mon, 25 Jul 2011 8:39 pm

Non-Perfect Perfectionist wrote:
Non-Perfect Perfectionist wrote:Hihi TheyCallMeHollywood~ ^^...........

hmmm.... was it just me? I could only see what you'd quoted from my last post to you but not reading any of your words? =9

hmmm.... was it just me? I could only see what you'd quoted from my last post to you but not reading any of your words? =9[/quote]

Sorry - my iPad messed up. Its very hard to type on those things. Anyway about braces: will try to give you some recommendations via PM when I call my relatives in Singapore by end of the week.

About threadlifts/Dr.Woffles etc:
Yes Dr. Woffles is very famous as he advertises a lot and does a lot of press releases. I have not seen him personally but haven't heard anything bad about him either. Best way to judge is by talking to his former patients.

Anyway, I have some links that might be helpful for you to gauge if you need a facelift OR cheek implants, (or both?) for your jowls.

I quote from the link:
http://niamtu.wordpress.com/category/cheek-implants/

Cheek implants are a great example of minimally invasive cosmetic facial surgery and also an example of a small procedure that can make a big difference Those in their late 30’s and early 40’s,placing cheek implants as a solitary procedure can provide youthful reshaping of the midface. The beautiful thing about this is that the change is a very subtle facial lift and although the patient looks better, no on can put their finger on why.

Also here is a good site that for people who would like to get PS to see other cases that are similar and pre/post-op results. I like how they have multiple opinions from certified plastic surgeons : )

http://www.realself.com/photo/328079?of ... pic_id=203

Well I hope i've been of some help - I'm not in anyway an expert in PS, just have done some procedures and a lot of research.

Breast Augmentation:
yes, going to do it soon, Hopefully everything will go well. Would update if things go smoothly (or not ) : )
Done:braces, rhino,brow lift,buccal fat, thread lift and more injections, lasers and peels than I care to remember.
Soon: forehead aug., 2nd rhino, breast aug. and gummy smile correction, cheek impls.

TheyCallMeHollywood

Silastic Implant For Rhino

Post by TheyCallMeHollywood » Mon, 25 Jul 2011 8:46 pm

terrie35 wrote:Hi, Theycallme Hollywood,

Hey, I am in LA now. Since you have rhino done, what is your advice for someone who has the silastic implant removed for fear of infection (the tip is left untouched)? Should a second rhino op be considered or leave it as it is?

Hi Terrie 35,

Sorry for late reply - I am not a plastic surgeon so this is just my general thoughts - if you had a rhinoplasty operation before, and you have had the implant removed- as long as the nose have healed you can usually do a revision augmentation.

May I know the cause of complication in the first case? Silastic implants are supposed to be well tolerated since it is "inert" i.e. our body doesn't react to it.

ps/ LA is too hot right now. Even South East Asia feels kind of cooler : p

terrie35
Chatter
Chatter

Re: Silastic Implant For Rhino

Post by terrie35 » Tue, 26 Jul 2011 12:29 am

Hey, I am in LA now. Since you have rhino done, what is your advice for someone who has the silastic implant removed for fear of infection (the tip is left untouched)? Should a second rhino op be considered or leave it as it is?

Hi Terrie 35,

Sorry for late reply - I am not a plastic surgeon so this is just my general thoughts - if you had a rhinoplasty operation before, and you have had the implant removed- as long as the nose have healed you can usually do a revision augmentation.

May I know the cause of complication in the first case? Silastic implants are supposed to be well tolerated since it is "inert" i.e. our body doesn't react to it.

You are right, it is hot.....
Oh, I removed the implant after 6 weeks because it was high and I didn't look good and ny eyes were stretched....maybe I should have given it time to deswell ....anyway was frightened off because a friend had hers infected and had to have it removed so I thought the sooner I remove mine, the better.

TheyCallMeHollywood

Re: Silastic Implant For Rhino

Post by TheyCallMeHollywood » Tue, 26 Jul 2011 12:48 am

terrie35 wrote:

Hi Terrie 35,

You are right, it is hot.....
Oh, I removed the implant after 6 weeks because it was high and I didn't look good and ny eyes were stretched....maybe I should have given it time to deswell ....anyway was frightened off because a friend had hers infected and had to have it removed so I thought the sooner I remove mine, the better.
okay... well if your nose is fine now and you want to do rhinoplasty again it should be okay if the nose has recovered. EVERYONE is depressed/anxious after plastic surgery because of the swelling and the fact that you look different. You need at least 6 months minimum to see the full effect, especially for rhinoplasties .
If you do decide to do it again your swelling would be much longer though - scar tissue from previous rhinoplasty makes it harder for swelling to come down.

terrie35
Chatter
Chatter

Post by terrie35 » Tue, 26 Jul 2011 1:53 am

Oooo...longer to deswell, huh? It was such a depressing period to wait for the nose to deswell...it already took me at least 3 weeks before I could go out without a mask.....this really puts me off.

What do you think of silastic implant? Have you seen anyone who had such implant for years ? Did the nose contract with the implant still in? I am wavering between silastic and ear cartilage implant, silastic being my first choice.

By the way, what did you have for rhino implant?

TheyCallMeHollywood

rhino implant

Post by TheyCallMeHollywood » Tue, 26 Jul 2011 12:17 pm

terrie35 wrote:Oooo...longer to deswell, huh? It was such a depressing period to wait for the nose to deswell...it already took me at least 3 weeks before I could go out without a mask.....this really puts me off.

What do you think of silastic implant? Have you seen anyone who had such implant for years ? Did the nose contract with the implant still in? I am wavering between silastic and ear cartilage implant, silastic being my first choice.

By the way, what did you have for rhino implant?
for rhinoplasty, the no.1 factor in success is not implant choice, but surgeon's skills/methods. if you have a good surgeon who had many many experience with cases like yours, the chances of s great rhinoplasty is best.
it also depends on the degree of transformation that you are looking for.

yes, my friends have had silastic implants for more than 15 years (we're all aged under 30) with no problems, both with different surgeons specializing in Asian rhinoplasty.

for my first (current) nose augmentation I did not need any bridge augmentation, only tip refinement using the septum (nose cartilage) itself as my bridge is quite high (I'm half northern Indian). but for my second upcoming rhino as I wanted a more higher bridge and finer tip, my surgeon has recommended silastic for the bridge, and ear cartilage for the tip. he has assured me that there would be no visible difference in my ear after the operation.

I dont understand what did you mean by "contract" ?

Post by Non-Perfect Perfectionist » Tue, 26 Jul 2011 11:08 pm

Non-Perfect Perfectionist wrote:
Sorry - my iPad messed up. Its very hard to type on those things. Anyway about braces: will try to give you some recommendations via PM when I call my relatives in Singapore by end of the week.....
Lol~ I don't have an ipad, but trust me I can fully understand your frustration, I'd long given up making any post or typing any msg too long via my iphone~ :lol:

You kidd'n me?! You've been of great help! And I see now you're becoming one of the top "consultants/advisors" of this site. :lol:

Anyway, I hope I'd b able to find other reputable surgeons whom charge lot lesser. Woffles really charges his services too high.

Thank you for the links, I'd definitely check them out~ and I'd look forward to your PM. No obligation though. :)

I'm sure all will go well for you this August Trip. Keep us updated if possible~ Ganbatte! :wink:

tinkerbell88
Regular
Regular

Post by tinkerbell88 » Wed, 27 Jul 2011 2:21 am

Dear NPP,
Did non-invasive stuff mostly. Ulthera face(ultrasound facelift), fillers to my cheeks and Botox to my forehead and jaw at the clinic mentioned earlier. May plan for PS sometime, but nothing at the moment. Can't deal with the downtime seeing that I have work demands at the moment. Maybe in few years... :D
tinkerbell88

Post by Non-Perfect Perfectionist » Wed, 27 Jul 2011 12:00 pm

tinkerbell88 wrote:Dear NPP,
Did non-invasive stuff mostly. Ulthera face(ultrasound facelift), fillers to my cheeks and Botox to my forehead and jaw at the clinic mentioned earlier. May plan for PS sometime, but nothing at the moment. Can't deal with the downtime seeing that I have work demands at the moment. Maybe in few years... :D

Hihi tinkerbell88,

oo.. How much did you pay for the Botox treatment? Is there a big diff for you before n after Botox?

jasminechang

Post by jasminechang » Wed, 27 Jul 2011 12:48 pm

shoop wrote:hi, i'm interested in getting a nose job and some other procedures in S.korea. but how do i get info about it? from where? from whom? and cost of the procedure? how do i overcome the language barrier?
hi, I am a Korean consultant of cosmetic surgery. if you need some information about nose job or something else you may ask to me through email.
[email protected]

TheyCallMeHollywood

Post by TheyCallMeHollywood » Wed, 27 Jul 2011 4:18 pm

jasminechang wrote:
shoop wrote:hi, i'm interested in getting a nose job and some other procedures in S.korea. but how do i get info about it? from where? from whom? and cost of the procedure? how do i overcome the language barrier?
hi, I am a Korean consultant of cosmetic surgery. if you need some information about nose job or something else you may ask to me through email.
[email protected]
jasmine, do you speak Korean?