Singapore Expats

Can it get much better than this

Discuss about the latest news & interesting topics, real life experience or other out of topic discussions with locals & expatriates in Singapore.
Manthink
Regular
Regular

Post by Manthink » Fri, 22 Jul 2011 12:28 pm

BillyB wrote:Why do you feel the need to slip sly digs in, and get personal in your replies? Just because you've been made to look like a complete tw*t - from your own doing and misinterpretation - no need to start slinging insults around.
Facts and figures don't lie, unless of course, one see it as a tool for the act of "might-is-right".

Perspective my friend...perspective...

nakatago

Post by nakatago » Fri, 22 Jul 2011 12:29 pm

Manthink wrote:...
. . . . . .. . . . . . . . . . . ,.-‘”
"A quokka is what would happen if there was an anime about kangaroos."

BillyB
Manager
Manager

Post by BillyB » Fri, 22 Jul 2011 12:33 pm

Manthink wrote:
BillyB wrote:Why do you feel the need to slip sly digs in, and get personal in your replies? Just because you've been made to look like a complete tw*t - from your own doing and misinterpretation - no need to start slinging insults around.
Facts and figures don't lie, unless of course, one see it as a tool for the act of "might-is-right".

Perspective my friend...perspective...
You probably read it from a book and feel you can make sweeping statements based on it. Explain the contradiction behind the BMI of a professional rugby player who weighs 120kg and is only 5ft 10 tall........needs a dietician based on a scorecard framework does he??!!

It's easy to learn things like a parrot mate - applying them and using common sense and putting them into context is what separates the wheat from the chaff.

:wink:

sundaymorningstaple
Answers: 21

Post by sundaymorningstaple » Fri, 22 Jul 2011 12:40 pm

If you all remember a while back, Mancantthink was part of the unholy trinity with Aunt Batty and Eau. He was trollish then and nothing has changed including his penchant for not seeing the obvious. How can one who steps off briskly out of an MRT train stop his briefcase from swinging in a downward and outward arch as it catches up with the body? If some idiot is crowding into the doorway that I'm exiting, then it isn't my fault the they walk into a heavy briefcase which has gain momentum from it downward swing and the forward motion of the walker. Again, why do I, who am between the exiting lines, have to alter MY gait for somebody who doesn't have the common sense to allow those of us who are trying to exit first? Mandoesn'tthink, you are really way off base this time.

Nah, you are always way off base. And when locals also chastise you, then you dismiss them as not relevant to the discussion, e.g., the Holy Goh. Actually you are the one not relevant. :roll:
SOME PEOPLE TRY TO TURN BACK THEIR ODOMETERS. NOT ME. I WANT PEOPLE TO KNOW WHY I LOOK THIS WAY. I'VE TRAVELED A LONG WAY, AND SOME OF THE ROADS WEREN'T PAVED. ~ Will Rogers

longstebe
Chatter
Chatter

Post by longstebe » Fri, 22 Jul 2011 1:13 pm

The people who end up getting smashed by a Samsonite is clearly their ownn fault in SMS's case but is that not the same as sitting on a priority chair whilst occupied by a young kid (if your as old as SMS that is)?

No offence mate.

Manthink
Regular
Regular

Post by Manthink » Fri, 22 Jul 2011 1:37 pm

BillyB wrote: Explain the contradiction behind the BMI of a professional rugby player who weighs 120kg and is only 5ft 10 tall........needs a dietician based on a scorecard framework does he??!!
Well, the issue here is able turning assault into a hobby.

As for those who consider themselves an equal to a prof sports person with those figures, I will happy for them.

JayCee
Reporter
Reporter

Post by JayCee » Fri, 22 Jul 2011 2:53 pm

Manthink wrote:
BillyB wrote: Explain the contradiction behind the BMI of a professional rugby player who weighs 120kg and is only 5ft 10 tall........needs a dietician based on a scorecard framework does he??!!
Well, the issue here is able turning assault into a hobby.

As for those who consider themselves an equal to a prof sports person with those figures, I will happy for them.
Are you being deliberately dense?

Look, no-one has talked about assaulting anyone else and meant it as something are going to go out and do.

SMS talked about his suitcase and how some people may get hit by it if they try and get on to the MRT too quickly. That is not assault, he is just following the rules that the Singapore government has been trying to remind people of for 33 years now, it is not his fault if others are too stupid to follow.

JR8 talked about walking along and a women walking into him then trying to blame him for it. That is not assault. If anything, the woman assaulted him yet is too stupid/self-absorbed/selfish to realise it.

x9200 said that coincidentally someone had posted on another thread about wanting an assault lawyer, implying that maybe that lady was going to sue JR8 for assault. This is humour.

Nakatago talked about having to make swift manouvres to stop people walking into him, but occasionally they manage to do it anyway. That is not assault.

At this point you saw fit to make generalisations about foreigners all being fat. Classy.

SMS made the analogy of someone driving the wrong way on an expressway, not looking where they are going and bumping into other cars which are obeying the laws of the road. This implies that it is the locals who are the car driving the wrong way, and hence if anything they are the ones committing an assault.

So as you can see, no-one has talked about making assault a hobby, because nothing we have discussed could possibly be classed as assault. I think your lack of English comprehension skills have brought you to the (wrong) conclussion that we all enjoy being bumped into by blind locals and now want to make it a hobby of ours, believe me nothing could be further from the truth.

Do you get it now?

I didn't think so :roll:
I HAVE MASTERS!

sundaymorningstaple
Answers: 21

Post by sundaymorningstaple » Fri, 22 Jul 2011 4:00 pm

He didn't get it either when he was trying to side up with Aunt Batty a while back either. ](*,)
SOME PEOPLE TRY TO TURN BACK THEIR ODOMETERS. NOT ME. I WANT PEOPLE TO KNOW WHY I LOOK THIS WAY. I'VE TRAVELED A LONG WAY, AND SOME OF THE ROADS WEREN'T PAVED. ~ Will Rogers

Manthink
Regular
Regular

Post by Manthink » Fri, 22 Jul 2011 4:06 pm

longstebe wrote:The people who end up getting smashed by a Samsonite is clearly their ownn fault in SMS's case but is that not the same as sitting on a priority chair whilst occupied by a young kid (if your as old as SMS that is)?

No offence mate.
Not at all and I have no arguement that about prority seats or misbehaviour in public places.

And if I am half as old as SMS, I would certainly be a little wiser about making sweeping statements on the locals or anyone else that happened to bump into him (or his suitcase).

Manthink
Regular
Regular

Post by Manthink » Fri, 22 Jul 2011 4:21 pm

x9200 wrote:
Manthink wrote:
nakatago wrote:Alright, a new hobby to start in Singers!
Now now now...this is not right.

In Singapore, folks here don't consider assualt as an hobby..even if you are a drunk.
That's both enlightening and reassuring, but I found very interesting what you have pasted here right to the specific context of this discussion....so you think actually the locals gave them a reason to be assaulted?
Who's "them"?

Manthink
Regular
Regular

Post by Manthink » Fri, 22 Jul 2011 4:29 pm

sundaymorningstaple wrote:And when locals also chastise you, then you dismiss them as not relevant to the discussion, e.g., the Holy Goh. Actually you are the one not relevant. :roll:
OT:
GCT maybe local, but judging from the GE voting trend and the support the Ops parties are getting, that Powerhouse of Daddy-Son-God are seen as becoming less relevent by Singaporean for a foreseeble future.

Off base? I don't think so..and you know that very well. :wink:

Mad Scientist
Director
Director
Answers: 4

Post by Mad Scientist » Fri, 22 Jul 2011 4:40 pm

The positive thinker sees the invisible, feels the intangible, and achieves the impossible.Yahoo !!!

Manthink
Regular
Regular

Post by Manthink » Fri, 22 Jul 2011 5:09 pm

[quote="Mad Scientist"]
LOL, loads of crap we see here today..a comic "relief"?

x9200

Post by x9200 » Fri, 22 Jul 2011 5:42 pm

Manthink wrote:
Mad Scientist wrote:
LOL, loads of crap we see here today..
Yes, but fortunately you are not always that active.
... you loosing more and more your cool man.

JR8
Immortal
Immortal

Post by JR8 » Fri, 22 Jul 2011 5:56 pm

x9200 wrote:An assault requires by definition a concious acting (has to be intended). In both JR8's and your samsonite case you were probably the only concious persons at the scene :)
I did not intend that she walk into me. I expected her to end her kiasu 'game of chicken' at the last moment and move out of my way. That she chose not to, and chose to walk around with to all intents and purposes her eyes closed led to the problem.