Singapore Expats

Average processing time for EPEC

Moving to Singapore? Ask our regular expats in Singapore questions on relocation and their experience here. Ask about banking, employment pass, insurance, visa, work permit, citizenship or immigration issues.

Sponsored by:

Utrust Immigration
klt

Average processing time for EPEC

Post by klt » Mon, 18 Jul 2011 12:15 am

Is there any such time period for EPEC? I have read some threads saying got rejection within 24 hours. How long is the average processing time no matter you get rejection or approval.?

It has been more than 2 weeks since I applied and still showing pending....

Mad Scientist
Director
Director
Answers: 4

Post by Mad Scientist » Mon, 18 Jul 2011 6:09 am

Need to wait a little longer .
The positive thinker sees the invisible, feels the intangible, and achieves the impossible.Yahoo !!!

contactsingapore

Re: Average processing time for EPEC

Post by contactsingapore » Tue, 19 Jul 2011 11:43 am

klt wrote:Is there any such time period for EPEC? I have read some threads saying got rejection within 24 hours. How long is the average processing time no matter you get rejection or approval.?

It has been more than 2 weeks since I applied and still showing pending....
Standard processing time is about seven working days from the date of receipt of the application. You can check your application status online using the Employment Pass Eligibility Certificate application reference number and passport number. Ministry of Manpower website www.mom.gov.sg has more information.

klt

Post by klt » Tue, 19 Jul 2011 10:35 pm

It has already been nearly 3 wks since I uploaded alOl the required docs. It shows the status as Pending....
I have read some posts here saying they got rejected within 24 hours, so, taking this long time for my application means I still have some hope?? :-)

I have read in some other thread saying MOM requires to upload documents more than they ask to upload first time. What I have uploaded are passport copy, highest degree qualifications that is it. No working experience info.

I am just wondering if they do the decision based on the qualification? My university is in the MOM's listed universities..

klt

Post by klt » Sun, 31 Jul 2011 3:18 pm

After 4+ weeks waiting..it turned to be unsuccessful. What the hell. Longer it was taking the more hopeful I was becoming but still.....

I am planning to do it again after sometime. Not sure how possible it is to get it with second try while first been unsuccessful.

sundaymorningstaple
Answers: 21

Post by sundaymorningstaple » Sun, 31 Jul 2011 3:36 pm

Join the ranks of thousands more who have been told recently that they can do without you. Nothing new to add that wasn't added the first time? Don't even bother to appeal. Total waste of time. The window of opportunity is now only open a small crack to let in those who actually have something the country really needs beside just body count.
SOME PEOPLE TRY TO TURN BACK THEIR ODOMETERS. NOT ME. I WANT PEOPLE TO KNOW WHY I LOOK THIS WAY. I'VE TRAVELED A LONG WAY, AND SOME OF THE ROADS WEREN'T PAVED. ~ Will Rogers