Singapore Expats

Software Job Oppertunities in Singapore

Discuss about getting a well paid job or career advancement. Ask about salaries, expat packages, CPF & taxes for expatriate.
johnrichman

Software Job Oppertunities in Singapore

Post by johnrichman » Tue, 12 Jul 2011 11:11 pm

Hi Guys,

I am new to this forum, after surfing through the forum for a while,
I decided to post my clarification as a separate post. (Please bear with
me, if I have duplicated any :) )

I am working here in chennai .NET guy with around 4+ yrs exp, and willing to find a job in Singapore. Hope Singapore job market is quite good now and it would be right time to take a leap over there.

Well, as per people's generic advice I have posted my resume, in popular portals like jobsdb.com, jobstreet.com etc.

But I also would like to know of few Good consultancies here in chennai. Because, Finding a job directly from an employeer from SG might be quite tedious (as to the interviewer must be willing to call for phonic interview, get ready with EP etc, which they may feel a burden to their day to day activities)

Mostly, the consultancy firms will keep in touch with good IT companies. So I am looking both from DIRECT and CONSULTANT point of job oppertunities. I am technically good, would be ready to work under pressure.

Because, I don't seem to get any direct calls from employers in SG. Should I give it a try being in Singapore for about a month (using some tourist visa), so that I am present for direct F2F interview there?

The people who are already working in Singapore, Please clarify my points above. It would be surely of help to others here in this forum who are seeking for more information.

Thanks.

JayCee
Reporter
Reporter

Re: Software Job Oppertunities in Singapore

Post by JayCee » Wed, 13 Jul 2011 10:13 am

johnrichman wrote:Please clarify my points above. It would be surely of help to others here in this forum who are seeking for more information.

Thanks.
Those 'others' you refer too have also posted very similar questions to yours about a million times on this forum already, I'd suggest you do a search and read some of them. If you'd read anything on here you'd also know that now is not a particularly good time to get a job in Singapore due to the recent GE.

It would probably help if you learnt how to spell 'opportunity' too when you mail people asking for jobs.

Do you have masters?
I HAVE MASTERS!

johnrichman

Post by johnrichman » Wed, 13 Jul 2011 2:29 pm

I'd suggest you do a search and read some of them. If you'd read anything on here you'd also know that now is not a particularly good time to get a job in Singapore due to the recent GE.

Sure. I should spend little more time on reading this forum. Also would you please tell me more about 'GE' :x , what you mentioned.
It would probably help if you learnt how to spell 'opportunity' too when you mail people asking for jobs.
That is a mistake. thanks for correcting me.
Do you have masters?
I have done MCA. Also PGDIT (Post Graduation diploma in Information Tech)

intellectualsmuse
Chatter
Chatter

Post by intellectualsmuse » Wed, 13 Jul 2011 6:19 pm

johnrichman wrote:Hi Guys,

I am new to this forum, after surfing through the forum for a while,
I decided to post my clarification as a separate post. (Please bear with
me, if I have duplicated any :) )

I am working here in chennai .NET guy with around 4+ yrs exp, and willing to find a job in Singapore. Hope Singapore job market is quite good now and it would be right time to take a leap over there.

Well, as per people's generic advice I have posted my resume, in popular portals like jobsdb.com, jobstreet.com etc.

But I also would like to know of few Good consultancies here in chennai. Because, Finding a job directly from an employeer from SG might be quite tedious (as to the interviewer must be willing to call for phonic interview, get ready with EP etc, which they may feel a burden to their day to day activities)

Mostly, the consultancy firms will keep in touch with good IT companies. So I am looking both from DIRECT and CONSULTANT point of job oppertunities. I am technically good, would be ready to work under pressure.

Because, I don't seem to get any direct calls from employers in SG. Should I give it a try being in Singapore for about a month (using some tourist visa), so that I am present for direct F2F interview there?

The people who are already working in Singapore, Please clarify my points above. It would be surely of help to others here in this forum who are seeking for more information.

Thanks.
Try job sites like naukri.com -they have a section on overseas assignments and countries such as Singapore are included. I did a quick search and they have 133 software job postings for Singapore listed.

Google for Indian consultants who source for IT jobs in Singapore- example: ABC Consultants in Delhi do.

Also I think it would help if you asked around in Chennai about recruitment consultants who do this rather than post here.

Lastly, people on the forum can help you upto a point, but you need to do your homework as well. Goodluck!
For those who fight for it, life has a flavor the sheltered will never know.

johnrichman

Post by johnrichman » Thu, 14 Jul 2011 11:27 pm

Tx guys for your time and reply...