Singapore Expats

PR application

Relocating, travelling or planning to make Singapore home? Discuss the criterias, passes or visa that is required.
shrly_chong

PR application

Post by shrly_chong » Fri, 08 Jul 2011 7:29 pm

I'm a female singaporean, working in government sector in an hospital. My partner is a malaysian chinese, he has been working in singapore for almost 7 years and we are already ROM in singapore. We have already submitted for his PR application. Is there a high chance getting his PR to get approved?

sundaymorningstaple
Answers: 21

Post by sundaymorningstaple » Fri, 08 Jul 2011 8:05 pm

Is he on an employment pass or a work permit?
SOME PEOPLE TRY TO TURN BACK THEIR ODOMETERS. NOT ME. I WANT PEOPLE TO KNOW WHY I LOOK THIS WAY. I'VE TRAVELED A LONG WAY, AND SOME OF THE ROADS WEREN'T PAVED. ~ Will Rogers

shrly_chong

PR application

Post by shrly_chong » Fri, 08 Jul 2011 9:22 pm

yes, work permit lo. working almost 7 years already. I heard many people says i work under gov sector chance higher.

sundaymorningstaple

Post by sundaymorningstaple » Fri, 08 Jul 2011 10:42 pm

When you ROM in Singapore, did you get permission from the MOM to get married? If you didn't, the odds are that he will never get PR. In fact, should he lose his job, he might not even be able to get an LTVP if you didn't get permission.

Having said that, if you all did get permission from the MOM and he's a Malaysian Chinese, your chances are good provided your are making around 2.8~3K/mo.
SOME PEOPLE TRY TO TURN BACK THEIR ODOMETERS. NOT ME. I WANT PEOPLE TO KNOW WHY I LOOK THIS WAY. I'VE TRAVELED A LONG WAY, AND SOME OF THE ROADS WEREN'T PAVED. ~ Will Rogers

shrly_chong

Post by shrly_chong » Sat, 09 Jul 2011 10:54 am

of course got permission approved by MOM, If U dont get permission is still unable to ROM in singapore ROM will not allow.

shrly_chong

Post by shrly_chong » Sat, 09 Jul 2011 10:55 am

I have friends who working with salary more than $3000 also rejected fews time. it actually by luck also.

sundaymorningstaple

Post by sundaymorningstaple » Sat, 09 Jul 2011 11:07 am

shrly_chong wrote:of course got permission approved by MOM, If U dont get permission is still unable to ROM in singapore ROM will not allow.
Wanna bet. I have a nephew here who did just that and is now in the crap cause his wife was banned from Singapore, the baby was born here with Singapore Citizenship and the nephew & baby have been living with me for the past two years.

And no, it's not luck. It depends when they filed, and a whole host of other criteria that is looked at by the ICA. Some of which is age, ethnicity, family status (kids or not), length of marriage, income (both yours and his). Educational levels (yours & his) and a host of other things of which us mortals are not privy to.

Mad Scientist
Director
Director
Answers: 4

Post by Mad Scientist » Sat, 09 Jul 2011 11:39 am

shrly_chong wrote:I have friends who working with salary more than $3000 also rejected fews time. it actually by luck also.
Luck is never a part of this equation. Never has and never will be.
There are a host of criterias as what SMS said which will or will not allow you to get ROM or not , PR approve or not yadda yadda yadda. As you are Sger and working in a Public Sector , you should jolly well know what I meant. Everything has its place whether you like it or not. Hence luck is not a part of this
The positive thinker sees the invisible, feels the intangible, and achieves the impossible.Yahoo !!!

Ginner-Sg

Post by Ginner-Sg » Sat, 09 Jul 2011 12:59 pm

Mad Scientist wrote:
shrly_chong wrote:I have friends who working with salary more than $3000 also rejected fews time. it actually by luck also.
Luck is never a part of this equation. Never has and never will be.
There are a host of criterias as what SMS said which will or will not allow you to get ROM or not , PR approve or not yadda yadda yadda. As you are Sger and working in a Public Sector , you should jolly well know what I meant. Everything has its place whether you like it or not. Hence luck is not a part of this
I believe you to be wrong on the luck side. I think luck as something to do with it, if you look at it. To get approved PR, yes you need degree, money, blah blah blah, but you also need luck. I didn't come to SG with Degree or loads of money. The only thing i've got is a SG wife and a British Passport. So............. I think i was lucky. :console:

sundaymorningstaple

Post by sundaymorningstaple » Sat, 09 Jul 2011 2:40 pm

Incorrect. You came at a time when criteria was much more relaxed. You also were probably married a couple of years as well and were not a Work Permit holder.

I don't have a degree either. And fortunately, I'm not from the UK either. However luck had no part of it at all. :lol:

ksl
Governor
Governor

Post by ksl » Sat, 09 Jul 2011 2:53 pm

However luck had no part of it at all.
That's only becuase you don't understand the definition of luck, = fate, destiny :lol: :P :wink:

sundaymorningstaple

Post by sundaymorningstaple » Sat, 09 Jul 2011 3:08 pm

:roll:

Mad Scientist
Director
Director
Answers: 4

Post by Mad Scientist » Sat, 09 Jul 2011 6:07 pm

Ginner-Sg wrote:
I believe you to be wrong on the luck side. I think luck as something to do with it, if you look at it. To get approved PR, yes you need degree, money, blah blah blah, but you also need luck. I didn't come to SG with Degree or loads of money. The only thing i've got is a SG wife and a British Passport. So............. I think i was lucky. :console:
Yeah , first of all your SG wife happens to earn a minimum cap. Or I believe you have applied for an EP prior. You have been married a certain number of years. She should have been paying taxes all this while. She comes from the "aryan race" category.
Lastly the quota of individual races and religion comes in. All these plays a part
You probably applied in 2009 where everything starts to kicks in fact in started way before late 2009 .
These are some of the things they look into. No, luck has nothing to do with it. If the first vetting such salary, race and education plus application under spouse is not met then your application will be rejected and only then the second vetting where the interviews comes in.
Now, there is a blanket on all PR application where rejection is higher than approval.
I have gone thru this process for my wife and have gone thru all other guidelines in SG whereby it is all about ticking all the boxes from NS deferment to Police Screening , you name it I have done it. Nothing boils down to luck when you are dealing with the Gahmen
The positive thinker sees the invisible, feels the intangible, and achieves the impossible.Yahoo !!!

calvink
Chatter
Chatter

Post by calvink » Sun, 10 Jul 2011 8:53 am

If luck has a role on it. I'll be striking lottery by now..

calvink
Chatter
Chatter

Hi

Post by calvink » Sun, 10 Jul 2011 2:33 pm

I believe the so called right time to apply for PR is after working in SG for 6 months or 1 year...or 2 years?.. oh well

And the main point of applying for PR is ........ I cant think of any one of it at the moment for my case...