Singapore Expats

Really need to Migrate out of this sh*thole

A moderated forum for serious discussions only.
VIII

Post by VIII » Wed, 06 Jul 2011 11:00 am

TennoHekka wrote:may I suggest trying central asia or eastern europe, then you'll know what it feels like waking up on a winter's morning and yearning for a nice warm helping of nasi lemak topped with friendly service!! Seriously, travel a bit first, then make up your mind. Good luck.
Well i went to NY for a month alone during winter and i freaking love it, i'm guessing i'm a cold weather person. Sadly i cant find any opportunity to stay there forever legally. It was such an enjoyable experience that when it's time for me to go home, i feel like shit. This was Dec 2010. Next year i really going out from Sg for good, Now i got a job, saving up... but haven't decide which country to settle yet. Any tips/idea is much appreciated

Mad Scientist
Director
Director
Answers: 4

Post by Mad Scientist » Wed, 06 Jul 2011 11:29 am

Save it and upgrade your skill then we can talk
The positive thinker sees the invisible, feels the intangible, and achieves the impossible.Yahoo !!!

carteki
Editor
Editor

Post by carteki » Wed, 06 Jul 2011 12:38 pm

How about contacting one of the posters on the board and offering to do a "life swap". Then one person who REALLY wants to live in SG can come here and you can leave. The unfortunate part is that it is not legal - but I think that the idea has some merit.

My personal opinion - you should be more than grateful for everything that Singapore has given you. You have a number of opportunities to live (and work) in the rest of the world as a Singaporean, but you're not clever enough to find out what these are - or that desperate to leave (think of the FDW's who leave their homes to work here). Its a good thing you want to leave - SG will be all the better for it.

sundaymorningstaple
Answers: 21

Post by sundaymorningstaple » Wed, 06 Jul 2011 12:45 pm

Any you all think "I'M" rough! :cool:
SOME PEOPLE TRY TO TURN BACK THEIR ODOMETERS. NOT ME. I WANT PEOPLE TO KNOW WHY I LOOK THIS WAY. I'VE TRAVELED A LONG WAY, AND SOME OF THE ROADS WEREN'T PAVED. ~ Will Rogers