Singapore Expats

Is it a right time to apply for PR now ?

Relocating, travelling or planning to make Singapore home? Discuss the criterias, passes or visa that is required.
rk1977_in

Is it a right time to apply for PR now ?

Post by rk1977_in » Sat, 02 Jul 2011 5:51 pm

Dear friends,
Can I seek your advice/suggestions If I should reapply PR again as GE are already over now or wait further due to any reasons.

Actually, My PR was rejected 11 months back with an update from ICA saying "We regret to inform you that your application is not successful. However, you can continue to work on your existing visa".

I am a PEP pass holder, staying with my family here, working with top notch company as a permanent employee for two years now,hold a Bachelors of Engineer degree(Computer Science) and having 11 years of concete IT experience.

I want to be cautious this time as I applied for PR last year inspite of hearing from people that it was not the right time and it got rejected :( finally. Also, i think there was another reason where I didn't apply for my son as well. However, I will go for my whole family. Additionally, Since, my wife will also start working with one of reputed IT MNC starting next month after her 1.5 year break as we were blessed with baby.Hence, I feel that the case is more stronger now.

Lastly, I would like to know if there is any quota system exists here in Singapore and it gets over/finish by certain date.

Any expert suggestions/advice would be highly appreciated.Thanks in advance.

singaporeflyer
Answers: 2

Re: Is it a right time to apply for PR now ?

Post by singaporeflyer » Sat, 02 Jul 2011 9:26 pm

rk1977_in wrote:Dear friends,

Lastly, I would like to know if there is any quota system exists here in Singapore and it gets over/finish by certain date.
Yes there is a quota but the date and time no one would know..

sundaymorningstaple
Answers: 21

Post by sundaymorningstaple » Sat, 02 Jul 2011 10:56 pm

Frankly, you should know, if you are an Indian, your chances are even less now than they were last year since they found out that the demographics has shown the increase in the Indian population has increased 2% over the past 10 years. They are in the process of rectifying that now. If you were on a PEP and still got rejected, without the invitation to apply again, the writing is on the wall for the near future. (e.g., the next couple of years, most likely)
SOME PEOPLE TRY TO TURN BACK THEIR ODOMETERS. NOT ME. I WANT PEOPLE TO KNOW WHY I LOOK THIS WAY. I'VE TRAVELED A LONG WAY, AND SOME OF THE ROADS WEREN'T PAVED. ~ Will Rogers

rk1977_in

Shall I apply now or wait for another six months ?

Post by rk1977_in » Sun, 03 Jul 2011 9:52 pm

Thanks for reply friend. Do you think I should apply next month or wait for another six months as my wife will have six months salary slips by December end this year. As far as I know and explored so far, It is recommended that for applying PR ,one should have worked for at least six months. However, on other side, I also think that waiting for another six months might not be a right decision as the situation might have been more tough by that time.

Your thoughts please ?.

Thanks as and always..
Regards..

singaporeflyer

Re: Shall I apply now or wait for another six months ?

Post by singaporeflyer » Sun, 03 Jul 2011 10:11 pm

rk1977_in wrote:Thanks for reply friend. Do you think I should apply next month or wait for another six months as my wife will have six months salary slips by December end this year. As far as I know and explored so far, It is recommended that for applying PR ,one should have worked for at least six months. However, on other side, I also think that waiting for another six months might not be a right decision as the situation might have been more tough by that time.

Your thoughts please ?.

Thanks as and always..
Regards..

Read SMS comments above. He said chances are less now as they are very strict these days. How about to wait for 1-2 years, prove you are willing to stay here for being permanent and then apply? Does that sound good? If you go ahead and apply in 1-2 months or after 6 months without waiting for 1-2 more years, your result MAY be the same. Just my thought !

FaeLLe
Chatter
Chatter

Re: Shall I apply now or wait for another six months ?

Post by FaeLLe » Mon, 04 Jul 2011 3:55 pm

rk1977_in wrote:Thanks for reply friend. Do you think I should apply next month or wait for another six months as my wife will have six months salary slips by December end this year. As far as I know and explored so far, It is recommended that for applying PR ,one should have worked for at least six months. However, on other side, I also think that waiting for another six months might not be a right decision as the situation might have been more tough by that time.

Your thoughts please ?.

Thanks as and always..
Regards..
Few things.... you did not mention the number of years you have been tax resident in Singapore (only mentioned total working experience).

It would also help additionally if they got proof of your wifes employment and financial records in systems such as IRAS.

Take SMS advice also bring your wife up to a position where she has her own merits for getting PR (ie. 3+ years of tax filing).

Apply then for a assured chance I guess......

Saint
Director
Director

Re: Is it a right time to apply for PR now ?

Post by Saint » Mon, 04 Jul 2011 4:10 pm

rk1977_in wrote:Dear friends,
Can I seek your advice/suggestions If I should reapply PR again as GE are already over now or wait further due to any reasons.

Actually, My PR was rejected 11 months back with an update from ICA saying "We regret to inform you that your application is not successful. However, you can continue to work on your existing visa".

I am a PEP pass holder, staying with my family here, working with top notch company as a permanent employee for two years now,hold a Bachelors of Engineer degree(Computer Science) and having 11 years of concete IT experience.

I want to be cautious this time as I applied for PR last year inspite of hearing from people that it was not the right time and it got rejected :( finally. Also, i think there was another reason where I didn't apply for my son as well. However, I will go for my whole family. Additionally, Since, my wife will also start working with one of reputed IT MNC starting next month after her 1.5 year break as we were blessed with baby.Hence, I feel that the case is more stronger now.

Any expert suggestions/advice would be highly appreciated.Thanks in advance.
This would have been a major reason for being rejected as you would have been flagged as just another PR applicant who is out to abuse the system. The Gahmen have got wise to this kind of PR application where the parents try and keep their Sons on LTVP/Student Passes etc. By not including your whole family on your previous PR application you really didn't stand a chance of it being approved, you would have failed at the very first hurdle.

kitsune26

Post by kitsune26 » Tue, 05 Jul 2011 10:50 pm

Hi all!
I know the forum is flooded with inquiries about PR application and reading through the threads quickly put a death knell to my PR aspirations. However I'd still like to get inputs from veterans like SMS, MS and SF on my situation.

I moved into Singapore with my husband from Tokyo in 2008 Dec (Both of us Indians). He was on a P2 EP then and we applied for PR after six months (should have read stuff before jumping the gun. My fault!) and got a rejection letter after about three months asking us to try in two years time which I guess is a pretty standard line in rejection letters. My husband has since got promoted and is on a P1 EP which is due for renewal in 2013. We also have two years tax returns filed. Is it a good idea to apply for PR in the current scenario? I 'm worried about the stagnant state of affair that my career has turned into without a PR and that pretty much sums up why I'm desperate to apply again knowing full well it might not be the right time!
Much appreciate your time!

nakatago

Post by nakatago » Tue, 05 Jul 2011 11:43 pm

kitsune26 wrote:Hi all!
I know the forum is flooded with inquiries about PR application and reading through the threads quickly put a death knell to my PR aspirations. However I'd still like to get inputs from veterans like SMS, MS and SF on my situation.

I moved into Singapore with my husband from Tokyo in 2008 Dec (Both of us Indians). He was on a P2 EP then and we applied for PR after six months (should have read stuff before jumping the gun. My fault!) and got a rejection letter after about three months asking us to try in two years time which I guess is a pretty standard line in rejection letters. My husband has since got promoted and is on a P1 EP which is due for renewal in 2013. We also have two years tax returns filed. Is it a good idea to apply for PR in the current scenario? I 'm worried about the stagnant state of affair that my career has turned into without a PR and that pretty much sums up why I'm desperate to apply again knowing full well it might not be the right time!
But you got the whole race quota going against you. Also, how about you? If you have children (or a son), however, that could improve--albeit just slightly--your chances. Frankly, though, it's still 'iffy.'
"A quokka is what would happen if there was an anime about kangaroos."

sundaymorningstaple
Answers: 21

Post by sundaymorningstaple » Wed, 06 Jul 2011 12:01 am

If it hasn't been two years, go ahead and file again. Show them just how desperate you are. That ought to help them make up the minds and bounce it without even a waiting period. The last thing they need are more people who cannot follow directions.

:-|
SOME PEOPLE TRY TO TURN BACK THEIR ODOMETERS. NOT ME. I WANT PEOPLE TO KNOW WHY I LOOK THIS WAY. I'VE TRAVELED A LONG WAY, AND SOME OF THE ROADS WEREN'T PAVED. ~ Will Rogers

kitsune26

Post by kitsune26 » Wed, 06 Jul 2011 7:47 am

Thanks for the response nakatago and SMS.

We don't have kids yet. But we're both 28 and trying for one.
It'll technically be two years by the end of the month since we got the letter. But I guess it's best to wait till the end of the year maybe!

singaporeflyer

Post by singaporeflyer » Wed, 06 Jul 2011 8:45 am

kitsune26 wrote:Hi all!

May be give another 6 months more than the period in the letter. Meaning 2 years + 6 months or 1 year and then try again... Will show that you are patient, willing to settle and then try

Why dont you consider PEP? Then after may be 1-2 years try for PR?

Good Luck !

kitsune26

Post by kitsune26 » Wed, 06 Jul 2011 5:17 pm

Thanks for the response singaporeflyer!

Well, I guess that's what I'll do then. Wait for another six months and try again!

Ragav

Post by Ragav » Sun, 17 Jul 2011 8:55 am

Dear Friends,
I am working in Singapore for the past 11 years continuously holding Work permit.Recently i got my "S" pass. . I am married and i got one son 1 year old they are in India now. My monthly cross pay will reach around 2.5K. I studied NITECH in ITE Singapore for 2 years part time .I have few question to clarify before apply for PR.

1.Can i apply for PR for my spouse&child or my self only? (due to right now
i am only earning member so how about the possibility for all family)

2.How long i need to wait 3 month or 6 months to apply PR ? since i stayed continue staying here 11 years so can ally immediate?(3 months)

3.Is there any quota system for every year? if i want to apply in October is the right time? or next year Jan

4.If i only apply for PR for myself and my family can get LTVP right.. so later from LTVP can apply for PR? how is the possibility

5.If my son want to continue study here LTVP will be useful?

Thanks in advance
Regards,
Ragav

singaporeflyer

Post by singaporeflyer » Sun, 17 Jul 2011 8:14 pm

Ragav wrote:Dear Friends,
I am working in Singapore for the past 11 years continuously holding Work permit.Recently i got my "S" pass. . I am married and i got one son 1 year old they are in India now. My monthly cross pay will reach around 2.5K. I studied NITECH in ITE Singapore for 2 years part time .I have few question to clarify before apply for PR.

1.Can i apply for PR for my spouse&child or my self only? (due to right now
i am only earning member so how about the possibility for all family)

2.How long i need to wait 3 month or 6 months to apply PR ? since i stayed continue staying here 11 years so can ally immediate?(3 months)

3.Is there any quota system for every year? if i want to apply in October is the right time? or next year Jan

4.If i only apply for PR for myself and my family can get LTVP right.. so later from LTVP can apply for PR? how is the possibility

5.If my son want to continue study here LTVP will be useful?

Thanks in advance
Regards,
Ragav
Dont want to demotivate you. But may be stay for another 2 more years and then try to improve your salary and then apply for PR.

I guess based on the current situation and also your pay, it would be advisable for you to stay more longer before you can apply for PR.