Singapore Expats

SIA cabin crew

Join in the discussion about employment, interview as a cabin crew, pilot in major airlines.
Curious2

SIA Interview

Post by Curious2 » Tue, 26 Apr 2005 11:09 pm

For the guys, are there any slim guys who got selected ? Seems that the interview is different this time round. Quite hard to pass I guess. They have raised their expectations.
So any insider's info if there is another recruitment for guys ?

fimbles

Post by fimbles » Tue, 26 Apr 2005 11:11 pm

that's sickening, my ex-girlfriend was a cabin-crew, she used to hide and cry in the plane's bathroom when the senior stewardess would be on her back 24/7. A friend of mine is a steward and he's told me the reason they need stewards is to push the heavy carts up and down the aisles, basically the steward is assigned to the kitchen area and takes care of the meals, on top of pushing that damn cart.
what's so glamour about beeing a cabin crew when you've heard all those stories? think twice and good luck.

fimbles

Post by fimbles » Tue, 26 Apr 2005 11:13 pm

to respond to your question, they don't need slim guys, they need strong guys.

cherub

Post by cherub » Wed, 27 Apr 2005 1:10 am

fimbles wrote:to respond to your question, they don't need slim guys, they need strong guys.

my ex-bf is curently a steward.
He's is quite skinny as well.

Keisha

Post by Keisha » Wed, 27 Apr 2005 12:48 pm

Hi-five wrote:YES. Exactly. all candidates stand in a straight line then a judge will signal for you to walk towards them.

they will judge how u walk and carry urself.

if u walk too fast, they will ask u to walk all over again.

i heard that for girls - a beautician from some beauty school wll be there to check for any pigment spots, scars, shoulder problems - they wrote down comments as each candidate walked in their trunks!

i felt like a chicken walking down geylang trying to sell myself hehehehehehe

no more SIA for me. too traumatic.
Anonymous wrote:HI all,

Quite taken aback to know that ther is a catwalk session.I am a girl. Can u pls tell me more about the catwalk session, u mean we have to walk in our swinsuit in front of the judges?Pls clear my doubt.

Many Thanks! :D
SIA specially invites beauticians to check pigment spots, scars, shoulder problems on candidates? serious? is this true?

where exactly would they check? i thought we should not have any scars outside the kebaya only? would they scrutinize your whole body when you catwalk in your swimsuits? so, if they observe any scars while you are in your swimsuit, would you be eliminated?

something to think about right?

Keisha

Post by Keisha » Wed, 27 Apr 2005 12:52 pm

is it actually possible to become an air stewardess? for all aspiring singapore girls, like me?

on the average, how many girls attend the interview and from there, out of how many girls does SIA select as their air stewardess?

What??

Post by Guest » Wed, 27 Apr 2005 1:38 pm

They actually make u walk down half naked??geez...Checking out the baby fats..the scars...i thought as long as it's covered within the kebaya it's ok??What abt those with tattos?can't believe you have to go through this kind of humilation just to get the not so glamourous job?Eventually the gals would be cleaning the toilet and doing the dirty job so why bother so much abt the body??

hopefull

SIA Interview

Post by hopefull » Wed, 27 Apr 2005 3:34 pm

How was the guys' interview yesterday ? When is the upper management interview ? Just really pray hard that the number of guys selected is still not sufficient so that they will recruit again.

ADEL

Post by ADEL » Wed, 27 Apr 2005 4:23 pm

I'm actually an ex-SIA Gals. It will still sepends on the judges whether they like you or not. Like me, I'm on the plump side, 1.61m weighing at 58kg but considered myself quite sweet looking that I manage to get in only one attempt. I quit after flying for 3 years. It's true that this is not so glamorous but humiliating job. During my 3 years stay, jealousy fight was common among female crew. They will find faults with you if you're better than them, make things difficult for you etc..... Now I'm a young mother of 2, do not encourage you all to fly for long term, SIA is just a stepping stone B4 you proceed another step higher.....

Post by Guest » Wed, 27 Apr 2005 5:30 pm

ADEL wrote:I'm actually an ex-SIA Gals. It will still sepends on the judges whether they like you or not. Like me, I'm on the plump side, 1.61m weighing at 58kg but considered myself quite sweet looking that I manage to get in only one attempt. I quit after flying for 3 years. It's true that this is not so glamorous but humiliating job. During my 3 years stay, jealousy fight was common among female crew. They will find faults with you if you're better than them, make things difficult for you etc..... Now I'm a young mother of 2, do not encourage you all to fly for long term, SIA is just a stepping stone B4 you proceed another step higher.....
Hi Adel,

Thanks for sharing, may I know how do they check u for ur scars. Are we wearing any make up when they check ur scars? Also what's the prospect like after quitting the air stewardess job. Thanks

Hi any kind soul can tell me is the psychometric test and swimming test on the same day.If so, thought have to be presentable on the psycho test and put on make up?But if we are having the swimming test after it, does it pose a problem? Also, for the swimming test, I have learnt that we will be able to wear a life vest.Am I right to say that our head will not be immerse in the water. My concern is I will want to wear my contacts lens or I will be a blind cat, but worried that my head will immerse in the water.

Thanks!!

piscesgal

Post by piscesgal » Wed, 27 Apr 2005 6:26 pm

Anyway, does SIA allow their air stewardess to wear contact lens? if so, what is the range of short-sightedness do they allow? i m not too sure if it is possible to wear contact lens and swim wif it...it may be very uncomfortable. aniwae, does any of u noe of any singaporean gals flying wif cathay pacific? coz cathay didn't state any height requirement...they juz wanted gals wif minimum arm length of 208cm, so what does it mean? i mean, how can anyone's arm be that long? or maybe i ve misinterpreted the requirement...

to all gals out there or SIA wannabes, i suggest u all can try out the other airlines, it is not as if SIA is the only best airline in the world..there is also cathay and emirates...i heard that cathay service is even better than SIA, tho somehow, it alwaz come in 2nd to SIA in ranking...

Anyway,all the best to those who got in for the SIA interviews!!!

jaymee

emirates

Post by jaymee » Wed, 27 Apr 2005 9:33 pm

to all gals out there or SIA wannabes, i suggest u all can try out the other airlines, it is not as if SIA is the only best airline in the world..there is also cathay and emirates...i heard that cathay service is even better than SIA, tho somehow, it alwaz come in 2nd to SIA in ranking...

to all emirates cabin crew hopefuls, emirates have unfortunately come and left singapore. recruitment ended last week. :cry:

joyee

Re: emirates

Post by joyee » Wed, 27 Apr 2005 11:42 pm

Hi
Does Cathay Pacific recruits Singapore girls as their flight stewardess?
jaymee wrote:to all gals out there or SIA wannabes, i suggest u all can try out the other airlines, it is not as if SIA is the only best airline in the world..there is also cathay and emirates...i heard that cathay service is even better than SIA, tho somehow, it alwaz come in 2nd to SIA in ranking...

to all emirates cabin crew hopefuls, emirates have unfortunately come and left singapore. recruitment ended last week. :cry:

stewardwannabe

SIA Interview

Post by stewardwannabe » Wed, 27 Apr 2005 11:53 pm

Anyone here knows if there is another recruitment for stewards coming up ? If not, when will the next one be ?

AngelZhou

Post by AngelZhou » Thu, 28 Apr 2005 12:05 am

check at their website.