Singapore Expats

Dark Circles

Discuss about beauty & health. Need some advice or looking for a particular product? Share your beauty and health tips here.
Medi_Assist

cause of dark eye ring

Post by Medi_Assist » Fri, 18 Jun 2010 12:11 am

Hi all, Just to add on the possible causes of dark eye ring, my mum has dark eye circles for more than 30 years despite having more than 7 hours of rest and leading a generally stress free lifestyle. She is recently diagnosed as having sleep apnea and was treated for it. Surprisingly her dark eye circles disappeared and she feels more alert in the day too.

For those with dark eye ring and feels lethargic despite adequate rest, you may want to visit a physician to see if you are suffering from sleep apnea. Loud snoring is one of the symptom. I feel that it's best to treat the root cause, be it stress or lack of sleep or sleep apnea, instead of managing from outside with cosmetic work.

miraj wrote:Dark circles under the eyes are actually caused by leaky capillaries.Exposure to the sun can exacerbate your dark circles. Sunlight darkens the skin by raising melanin levels and bringing melanin to the surface of the skin. These boosted melanin levels make dark circles look darker.

What i read about was different treatment that can improve the condition.
They said using laser treatment non-invasive type like IPL, Revlite, ST Refirme or Radiofrequency are good. But then again these treatments will be case to case basis.

My friend did radiofrequency and the result i may say is very good.

MissSunshine~

Post by MissSunshine~ » Sun, 20 Jun 2010 10:11 pm

Im using BOD eye serum. Pretty good. Work fast on fine lines and tired lines but for eye bags take some time. Think because i only sleep for short hours. The good thing about it is that its organic without chemical so great for long term use. The scent is like aroma herbal scent so sooth me to me too! Unlike other eye cream its 50ml so really worth it =)
Let the Sun shine on you! :)

minimini81

Post by minimini81 » Wed, 23 Jun 2010 2:57 pm

wow.. are you guys serious?

happinessinme

Re: cause of dark eye ring

Post by happinessinme » Fri, 09 Jul 2010 9:31 pm

Medi_Assist wrote:Hi all, Just to add on the possible causes of dark eye ring, my mum has dark eye circles for more than 30 years despite having more than 7 hours of rest and leading a generally stress free lifestyle. She is recently diagnosed as having sleep apnea and was treated for it. Surprisingly her dark eye circles disappeared and she feels more alert in the day too.

For those with dark eye ring and feels lethargic despite adequate rest, you may want to visit a physician to see if you are suffering from sleep apnea. Loud snoring is one of the symptom. I feel that it's best to treat the root cause, be it stress or lack of sleep or sleep apnea, instead of managing from outside with cosmetic work.

miraj wrote:Dark circles under the eyes are actually caused by leaky capillaries.Exposure to the sun can exacerbate your dark circles. Sunlight darkens the skin by raising melanin levels and bringing melanin to the surface of the skin. These boosted melanin levels make dark circles look darker.

What i read about was different treatment that can improve the condition.
They said using laser treatment non-invasive type like IPL, Revlite, ST Refirme or Radiofrequency are good. But then again these treatments will be case to case basis.

My friend did radiofrequency and the result i may say is very good.
wow is it true?

SevereAlan

hi

Post by SevereAlan » Thu, 30 Sep 2010 2:05 pm

Here is the only eye cream/serum I consider wearing. It doesn't swell my eyes out and drift into them as I sleep. I always said I would never wear eye cream and that they were a total waste of time. As soon as I found "Revitol Eye Cream", I was addicted.

-------------------------------------------------
SevereAlan
http://besteyecreamstoday.com/

eight8008

Post by eight8008 » Sat, 04 Jun 2011 8:17 pm

Saw this on a super discount site - http://www.voucherwow.com/cities/singap ... worth-258/

Does this Pearl C Nano thing do good for the eyes?

Image [/img]

tinkerbell88
Regular
Regular

Post by tinkerbell88 » Tue, 21 Jun 2011 12:42 am

I think it's true.. There are many causes of dark circles form lack of sleep to poor circulation. In Asians it seems to be pigment or genetic I think. I guess it is important to find the cause and not just treat it superficially. My mum had IPL and fillers by her aesthetic doc in Orchard Road, and the lady doc said it was due to thinning of her eyelid skin and some pigment. She did really well on that, and I think she needs a few treatments a year to maintain this. Her skin looks better and her dark circles seemed to have lightened. She looks at least 5 years younger. I agree on the use of an eye cream. I still think that ROC is still one of the better ones around, but good for a maintenance regime. It's still worth seeing an aesthetic physician beforehand. :)
I use this eyepatch called the POWERPATCH form my aesthetic doc at Asia Healthpartners. It's not bad.. you just stick it under your eyes for 20 mins, it's battery operated and switches off on its own, and all the magic is in the sticker patch. I use that twice a week and I like what it does!
tinkerbell88

carpuff

Post by carpuff » Tue, 21 Jun 2011 11:14 am

nalong wrote:First think about how those dark circles came in.
Do you always have late nights or maybe working 12 hours non-stop without resting your eye?

After you recognise the problem, I guess all you have to do is just to stop doing the same thing and the condition will naturally go.

If not spending money on treatment but not changing your habits will only just bring back the same problem after some time.
So true. Maybe your habit is the one to blame or you might have just inherited them. I also have my share of dark circles and I mean really dark! At first I didn't mind having them, I'm used to working from dusk 'til dawn. Then one morning I woke up, seeing myself in the mirror to such horror! Then I started working out on those nasty habits and took sleeping into much consideration.

tinkerbell88
Regular
Regular

Post by tinkerbell88 » Thu, 23 Jun 2011 12:41 am

Lots of vitamins and supplements help too! I'm a real fan of those!
tinkerbell88

fatmouse76
Regular
Regular

Post by fatmouse76 » Thu, 23 Jun 2011 1:29 pm

one thing i fail to understand is that when you see programmes like"Body Works" or those transformation programmes on TV,everyone who once had a facial or body problem, comes on the show and goes back a beauty.

So i dont believe that there is no cure for dark eye circles.

carpuff

Post by carpuff » Mon, 27 Jun 2011 4:47 pm

Beautyqueen wrote:Hi,

You can try the Eyes treatment from SKN MedicalSpa & clinic.

Heard from my frens who have good results.
I've been there too! Great services and nice, approachable staff! I'm highly satisfied :)

tinkerbell88
Regular
Regular

Post by tinkerbell88 » Wed, 06 Jul 2011 12:58 am

I think that wherever one goes to get his/her dark circles seen to, as long as the doc can identify the cause of it and treat it appropriately, this should help improve the dark circles. Lifestyle probably plays a big part in it too. Ever since I adopted a healthier lifestyle with sufficient sleep, an eye serum and the occasional IPL treatment, my dark circles seem to have improved. (Thanks to my mum's advice!) :D
tinkerbell88