Singapore Expats

Ok, here is my case (very complicated)

Discuss about getting a well paid job or career advancement. Ask about salaries, expat packages, CPF & taxes for expatriate.
sundaymorningstaple
Answers: 21

Post by sundaymorningstaple » Mon, 04 Jul 2011 5:01 pm

putnam, what is a besines visa?
SOME PEOPLE TRY TO TURN BACK THEIR ODOMETERS. NOT ME. I WANT PEOPLE TO KNOW WHY I LOOK THIS WAY. I'VE TRAVELED A LONG WAY, AND SOME OF THE ROADS WEREN'T PAVED. ~ Will Rogers

ecureilx
Immortal
Immortal

Post by ecureilx » Mon, 04 Jul 2011 5:46 pm

sundaymorningstaple wrote:putnam, what is a besines visa?
The one that let's you do "BESINES" ??

Coat, Hat .. and dunno what next .. ..

bobypf
Regular
Regular

Post by bobypf » Tue, 05 Jul 2011 11:05 am

Ok, guys, so now I'm staying at home (hotel) until they figure out what do we do with the documents.

Mad Scientist
Director
Director
Answers: 4

Post by Mad Scientist » Tue, 05 Jul 2011 11:49 am

I have only one advise for you as I have worked with Russians many times before. If everything goes to custard, do not rock the boat and leave empty handed is better than being skinned alive
The positive thinker sees the invisible, feels the intangible, and achieves the impossible.Yahoo !!!

bobypf
Regular
Regular

Post by bobypf » Wed, 06 Jul 2011 12:58 pm

Well... They just called me that my EP was denied, even after an appeal.

nakatago

Post by nakatago » Wed, 06 Jul 2011 1:02 pm

bobypf wrote:Well... They just called me that my EP was denied, even after an appeal.
"A quokka is what would happen if there was an anime about kangaroos."

bobypf
Regular
Regular

Post by bobypf » Wed, 06 Jul 2011 1:10 pm

nakatago wrote:
bobypf wrote:Well... They just called me that my EP was denied, even after an appeal.
Hahahaaha! Asshole. :lol:

JR8
Immortal
Immortal

Post by JR8 » Wed, 06 Jul 2011 5:03 pm

ecureilx wrote: The one that let's you do "BESINES" ??

Someone call the apostrophe police! :)

bobypf
Regular
Regular

Post by bobypf » Wed, 10 Aug 2011 8:23 pm

Ok, guys, I'm here again just to let you know how this story ended. I won't go into details but I just found out that the russian company actually cancelled my EP application BEFORE the MOM's decision. It seems they were angry because I refused to work before the EP approval and they just wanted to "punish" me because of my naughtiness. So it turned out that it was not MOM which denied my EP but the company itself. I had such suspicions because they never told me what the real reason for the rejection was, but now I know for sure.

So I think the lesson for all of us is to be very careful with russians and never trust them. I was very disturbed when I found out the truth but I guess this outcome was for my own good. I wouldn't have been able to cope with such policies anyway even if I had started working there.

By the way, they still haven't found a person for the position.

JayCee
Reporter
Reporter

Post by JayCee » Thu, 11 Aug 2011 9:54 am

bobypf wrote: It seems they were angry because I refused to work before the EP approval and they just wanted to "punish" me because of my naughtiness. So it turned out that it was not MOM which denied my EP but the company itself.
What they wanted you to do is illegal so you should report them to MOM. Don't let the dodgy f***ers get away with it, they're the types of foreigners who are making it harder for the rest of us.
I HAVE MASTERS!

ecureilx
Immortal
Immortal

Post by ecureilx » Thu, 11 Aug 2011 10:53 am

JayCee wrote: What they wanted you to do is illegal so you should report them to MOM. Don't let the dodgy f***ers get away with it, they're the types of foreigners who are making it harder for the rest of us.
If you have all in writing, go to MOM, and also look up CPIB :D

if not, my 2 cents say .. Don't waste your time .. ;)

bobypf
Regular
Regular

Post by bobypf » Thu, 11 Aug 2011 2:26 pm

JayCee wrote:
What they wanted you to do is illegal so you should report them to MOM. Don't let the dodgy f***ers get away with it, they're the types of foreigners who are making it harder for the rest of us.
Unfortunately I can't report them because I have no proof for anything, as you may guess, and also I don't want to confront them. Yes, they turned out to be assholes and their russian attitude and surreptitious approach came to the surface but still, it's useless to start complaining if you don't have any proof. How can I have a proof for this anyway? Moreover, I think they found what they were looking for. They wanted me to start immediately because they desperately needed another employee and now - 6 weeks after that - they still haven't found one. So f*ck them!