Singapore Expats

The "pecking order" of Japanese beers?

Discuss about the latest news & interesting topics, real life experience or other out of topic discussions with locals & expatriates in Singapore.
JR8
Immortal
Immortal

Post by JR8 » Fri, 01 Jul 2011 12:56 am

Dos Equis
...a somewhat flat lager, nothing distinquishing about it. This was yet another average beer. Save the dinero.

Negra Modelo
...Anyway, this brew far surpasses their flagship beer, Corona, which is simply Sweaty Urine in a bottle. On the other hand, Negra Modelo is a well thought out beer.

http://www.tobp.com/

Oh dear Aster!

:oops:

aster
Manager
Manager

Post by aster » Fri, 01 Jul 2011 1:05 am

JR8 wrote:Hell I'm not rating Bud. But then neither am I rating Michelob! I wouldn't drink any of the Big-5 (or however many) US brewers. As I suggested, they're brewed for the mass-market and the mass-market demands neutral crap. Give me anything from Sam Adams or Sierra Nevada over any of the US big-5 anyday. Have you tried Sierra Nevada pale ale? Or are you averse to your beer having any flavour?
I would never drink Bud. The last time I had one was in Sydney as a freebie - they were doing this "guess what beer this is" promo by covering up the bottle so you couldn't tell what it was. Then later they'd come around and remove the covering... and it wasn't much of a surprise. Man, worst promo ever... why would you ever want to take this route with something that tastes so bad... ugghhh...

Michelob is on a different planet compared to that stuff. And like I said, definitely preferred over Heiny.

From the big US brewers Coors is probably the best one. As for the worst, maybe they're not 'Big 5', but Keystone Lite, Busch Lite, Milwaukee's Beast - all those bring back great memories, albeit not due to the taste of the beer.

I've had tons of those Sam Adams type beers as well, can't remember most of them, lots of imports as well when in the US, mainly Mexican, Canadian and Irish though. Moosehead was nice at the time, but I had it here recently and it didn't go down as well as back then, especially when compared to those good Japanese beers that are identically priced at Medz's. :)

aster
Manager
Manager

Post by aster » Fri, 01 Jul 2011 1:09 am

JR8 wrote:Dos Equis
...a somewhat flat lager, nothing distinquishing about it. This was yet another average beer. Save the dinero.

Negra Modelo
...Anyway, this brew far surpasses their flagship beer, Corona, which is simply Sweaty Urine in a bottle. On the other hand, Negra Modelo is a well thought out beer.

http://www.tobp.com/

Oh dear Aster!

:oops:
You quoting some frat guys from the US tasting beers? Didn't you recently post some silly review from them about Bud being better than Asahi?

Jeez man, you need to change your sources! :o :D

JR8
Immortal
Immortal

Post by JR8 » Fri, 01 Jul 2011 2:08 am

aster wrote: You quoting some frat guys from the US tasting beers? Didn't you recently post some silly review from them about Bud being better than Asahi?

Jeez man, you need to change your sources! :o :D
15+ years and 1500+ beers reviewed and versus your experience they're 'frat-boys' are they? Who should I take better informed opinion from instead, yourself, Mr. Michelob?

'Michelob Light
Man, this shit sucks.

Michelob Pale Ale
What a sad, sad waste of money.

Michelob Ultra
Not the worst beer I've ever had. I was actually a little surprised, thoroughly expecting it to suck.

Lol!

p.s. Yes they rated your favourite beer as even worse than Bud. Man that must have stung!

aster
Manager
Manager

Post by aster » Fri, 01 Jul 2011 9:44 am

You have to be an extremely sad person in life to base your opinion on beers... from some American review site. Jeez, how low can you fall, JR8? :o

And especially one with funny so-called "reviews" that rate Budweiser over Asahi. :D

You are officially SingaporeExpats.com's "Most Gullible Person" after falling for that one. :)

Here's something to cheer you up:
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=SxpDrlNh6n0

Enjoy! :D

JR8
Immortal
Immortal

Post by JR8 » Fri, 01 Jul 2011 10:35 am

aster wrote:You have to be an extremely sad person in life to base your opinion on beers... from some American review site. Jeez, how low can you fall, JR8? :o

And especially one with funny so-called "reviews" that rate Budweiser over Asahi. :D

You are officially SingaporeExpats.com's "Most Gullible Person" after falling for that one. :)

Here's something to cheer you up:
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=SxpDrlNh6n0

Enjoy! :D

I have no 'opinion upon life' based upon beer, (you twat).

It's just that you enjoy drinking swill lol!

Good link, I posted that last year too, but nice to see it have another outing.

Perhaps I'll post something later today that you'll hijack too?

aster
Manager
Manager

Post by aster » Fri, 01 Jul 2011 11:11 am

JR8 wrote:I have no 'opinion upon life' based upon beer, (you twat).
What "opinion upon life" are you on about. You need to work on your reading comprehension skills. Go re-read my post and try again.
Last edited by aster on Fri, 01 Jul 2011 11:18 am, edited 1 time in total.

aster
Manager
Manager

Post by aster » Fri, 01 Jul 2011 11:15 am

JR8 wrote:Good link, I posted that last year too, but nice to see it have another outing.

JR8 wrote:Yes that is very funny. Perhaps you picked it up when I first posted it here last year? :)
Actually to put the story straight, JR8, I posted both links here... before you even registered. LOL. :D

From March 10, 2010:
http://forum.singaporeexpats.com/ftopic68055-0.html

poodlek
Reporter
Reporter

Post by poodlek » Fri, 01 Jul 2011 12:56 pm

aster wrote:
Moosehead was nice at the time, but I had it here recently and it didn't go down as well as back then, especially when compared to those good Japanese beers that are identically priced at Medz's. :)
I think Moosehead has been bought out by Molson or Labatt...I too noticed it's not the same anymore.

BillyB
Manager
Manager

Post by BillyB » Fri, 01 Jul 2011 2:10 pm

aster wrote:
JR8 wrote:Good link, I posted that last year too, but nice to see it have another outing.

JR8 wrote:Yes that is very funny. Perhaps you picked it up when I first posted it here last year? :)
Actually to put the story straight, JR8, I posted both links here... before you even registered. LOL. :D

From March 10, 2010:
I think you two were married in a previous life :wink:

JR8
Immortal
Immortal

Post by JR8 » Fri, 01 Jul 2011 3:26 pm

BillyB wrote:
aster wrote:

From March 10, 2010:
I think you two were married in a previous life :wink:

Nah. My XW was pretty toxic but she was smart.

Meanwhile EUster is still in his bedroom playing with with his Nintendo playing out his daddies politics.

aster
Manager
Manager

Post by aster » Fri, 01 Jul 2011 8:18 pm

JR8 wrote:Nah. My XW was pretty toxic but she was smart.
Bet she ditched a complete wanker. :) Especially one demoted to living in... Germany. Ouch, that hurts...

But then everyone has the right to give their side of the story, IQ8 included.

Still accusing everyone of copying your links? LMFAO! :D Still dishing out opinions on beers based on funny reviews you read online instead of actually drinking them like normal people do?

JR8
Immortal
Immortal

Post by JR8 » Fri, 01 Jul 2011 8:44 pm

aster wrote:
JR8 wrote:Nah. My XW was pretty toxic but she was smart.
Bet she ditched a complete wanker. :)

Oh I say!

Getting a little personal aren't we EUster? In fact I petitioned against her on the ground of 'Extreme Cruelty'. Would you like to discuss that further, or prefer to shut up now? Don't be shy, I've described female domestic violence many times before, so it's ok.

Have you had two Asahi's.... you know.... wooo-hooo! Really out of control lol!!!!

Especially one demoted to living in... Germany. Ouch, that hurts...

Get over yourself man. I'm living here in a kin mansion paid for on your tax dollars. Hahahaha.... that's funny...

But then everyone has the right to give their side of the story, IQ8 included.

Still accusing everyone of copying your links? LMFAO! :D Still dishing out opinions on beers based on funny reviews you read online instead of actually drinking them like normal people do?

Go and play with your Nintendo. You know that despite being 40 you're really not too old.

JR8
Immortal
Immortal

Post by JR8 » Sat, 02 Jul 2011 8:01 am

Hey Aster,

We've got a dripping tap here. And the kitchen plug doesn't work properly.

Can you come over and fix it please, now? Either that or just send the money.

Ta

aster
Manager
Manager

Post by aster » Sat, 02 Jul 2011 12:57 pm

Well, fix it. Like a man. :)