Singapore Expats

singapore local schools

Interested to get your child into a local Primary School? Discuss the opportunities here.
citrix1234

singapore local schools

Post by citrix1234 » Mon, 13 Jun 2011 1:23 am

heard that local schools are not good enough , is there anyone living and sending their children to singapore local school , please post your opinion

regards

Mad Scientist
Director
Director
Answers: 4

Re: singapore local schools

Post by Mad Scientist » Mon, 13 Jun 2011 5:07 am

citrix1234 wrote:heard that local schools are not good enough , is there anyone living and sending their children to singapore local school , please post your opinion

regards
How do you mean not good enough ? Holistic Approach or Academic Wise

Local schools waiting list is huge, you will be hard pressed to get your kids enrol in the local schools. Does this means locals schools are good ? Again depends what you are looking for.
International schools here will cost you an arm and a leg. Does this mean the International Schools are good ? Again it depends as some are dodgy and some are not. There a number of forumers here who send their kids to local schools too.
The positive thinker sees the invisible, feels the intangible, and achieves the impossible.Yahoo !!!

citrix1234

singapore local schools

Post by citrix1234 » Mon, 13 Jun 2011 6:40 pm

ok
i did not know that for local schools theres a long queue
just read in forums that , the upbringing of the children in local schools is not good enough and that other schools are better off

does that mean that expats will not get seats for their children in local school ? so only option will be pay heavy money to internation schools . considering the income levels in singapore , it looks like it will be very difficult to make the ends meet unless and otherwise we get something like more than 7000 dols per month ?

regards

Mad Scientist
Director
Director
Answers: 4

Post by Mad Scientist » Mon, 13 Jun 2011 6:53 pm

Some expats do place their kids in local school. It is more of knocking door to door to look for one. The fees are definitely lower compare to International Schools.

Try www.moe.gov.sg > There will be a list of schools.
Locate those schools that are close to your chosen vicinity of districts. Then on start cold call and see if you can get enroll your child.
Or you can e-mail MOE and ask them list of vacancies
The positive thinker sees the invisible, feels the intangible, and achieves the impossible.Yahoo !!!

sundaymorningstaple
Answers: 21

Re: singapore local schools

Post by sundaymorningstaple » Mon, 13 Jun 2011 11:01 pm

citrix1234 wrote:ok
i did not know that for local schools theres a long queue
just read in forums that , the upbringing of the children in local schools is not good enough and that other schools are better off

does that mean that expats will not get seats for their children in local school ? so only option will be pay heavy money to internation schools . considering the income levels in singapore , it looks like it will be very difficult to make the ends meet unless and otherwise we get something like more than 7000 dols per month ?

regards
Have you bothered to check the international scolastic olympiads in maths, science, debating & so forth? Give you one guess which country local schools tops the lists regularly.
SOME PEOPLE TRY TO TURN BACK THEIR ODOMETERS. NOT ME. I WANT PEOPLE TO KNOW WHY I LOOK THIS WAY. I'VE TRAVELED A LONG WAY, AND SOME OF THE ROADS WEREN'T PAVED. ~ Will Rogers

boffenl
Reporter
Reporter

Post by boffenl » Wed, 29 Jun 2011 10:40 pm

My daughter is enrolled in a local school, and we are thrilled with her experience. Her Mandarin is a work in progress, but I still say the $20 I pay a month is the best deal in Singapore. PM me if you have specific questions.