Singapore Expats

HELP! Permission from MOM obtained but ICA reject VISA?

Relocating, travelling or planning to make Singapore home? Discuss the criterias, passes or visa that is required.
hahnhahn

Post by hahnhahn » Wed, 22 Jun 2011 12:59 pm

Hi JayCee and all,

So for now, which is the best step to take next?

1) If my girlfriend were to come via a travel agency, will that increase her chances of entering the Singapore? Purpose: Holiday for 30days? or 14days?

2) I, the local contact going to ICA level 4 and appeal. Will that increase the chances? What are the important documents I need to bring along? Bank Statement, girlfriend's student transcript ?

3) Change the local contact to another SG female friend of hers. Will this reduce ICA suspicious of any illegal activities?

Should I try plan (3) first and if it fails, then I will have to try appeal (2)? I believe the appeal process will take around 4 weeks?

Please help~~

ksl
Governor
Governor

Post by ksl » Wed, 22 Jun 2011 1:05 pm

hahnhahn wrote:Hi Mad Scientist,

Thanks for helping.

I am confused as well why ICA reject entry visa for the purpose of Visit Friends. She was previously on student pass in Singapore from 2008 - 2010. Besides, both of us did not commit any offences in SG.

Anyway, I have a few plans in my head now:
1) If my girlfriend were to come via a travel agency, will that increase her chances of entering the Singapore? Purpose: Holiday for 30days? or 14days?

2) I, the local contact going to ICA level 4 and appeal. Will that increase the chances? What are the important documents I need to bring along? Bank Statement, girlfriend's student transcript ?

3) Change the local contact to another SG female friend of hers. Will this reduce ICA suspicious of any illegal activities?

May I know which plan is the best?
The electronic system was made for ease only, to be phased in over time, you will find many frustrating problems, it is better to phone up and quote, your reference, and ask if you can get to discuss the issue with someone in charge, rather than a person that is pressing the reject button.

You may have to pay out a substantial sponsor fee, which is returnable after she leaves and she may have to prove a return ticket too. But everyone world wide has these problems when it comes to girlfriends.

Normally they maybe called in to the local embassy for a chat, before getting issued a Visa, So you could also ask her to visit the Singapore embassy in her own Country and explain to them she does have a friend and sponsor, willing to put up a fee!

I've had many girlfriends in my time from around the world, and visa rejection was a common problem, but perseverance with dates when you first met and how long you have known each other are all relevant. Rejection is normally becuase of insufficient data.

If you have met on a dating website, then a rejection should be expected.

hahnhahn

Post by hahnhahn » Wed, 22 Jun 2011 2:47 pm

Thanks ksl for directing me to the embassy in china.

http://www.mfa.gov.sg/beijing/
From their website -> Visa Application -> Social/Business Visa for PRC nationals. Under the important notices, no 6.

"The visa issued is normally dated on the day when you submit the application and the validity of the visa cannot be changed once issued. Please do not submit the application too early before your planned trip to Singapore. If the validity of the visa has lapsed, the applicant will need to submit a fresh application. Applicants are advised to submit the applications 1 to 2 weeks prior to the departure and to check the visa date of issue and the validity period carefully upon receiving the visa."

From this web site, I have a few questions
1) As my girlfriend intended date of arrival is on 18th July, does that mean that my application was too early, that's why it was rejected?
2) The visa issued date is the date of application submission?

JayCee
Reporter
Reporter

Post by JayCee » Wed, 22 Jun 2011 2:51 pm

They wouldn't reject you because of the arrival date being too early.

I'll ask again - did she have any brushes with the law when she was here before? Or did she not give up her student visa when she left Singapore previously?

The answer to question 2 is in your post

hahnhahn

Post by hahnhahn » Wed, 22 Jun 2011 2:57 pm

Hi JayCee,

No brushes with the law. But for your second question, I do recall now that she had some issue with the school on extending her student visa last year.

Ohh...I will definitely check with her if she is still holding onto her student visa..

If she is still holding onto her student visa, that means that she does not need a entry visa? Am i right to say that?

Thanks JayCee for pressing me on the questions....it really does help! Thanks...Got to check with her now..

JayCee
Reporter
Reporter

Post by JayCee » Wed, 22 Jun 2011 3:27 pm

hahnhahn wrote:Hi JayCee,

No brushes with the law. But for your second question, I do recall now that she had some issue with the school on extending her student visa last year.

Ohh...I will definitely check with her if she is still holding onto her student visa..

If she is still holding onto her student visa, that means that she does not need a entry visa? Am i right to say that?

Thanks JayCee for pressing me on the questions....it really does help! Thanks...Got to check with her now..
I'm not sure to be honest, but I remember reading on here pretty recently a thread where someone said they hadn't given up their student visa when they left and wondered if it would cause them problems, if you do a search I'm sure you can find the thread and see what the answers were.

If she had a problem extending her student visa last year then that could be related to the problem now, what problem did she have then?

sundaymorningstaple
Answers: 21

Post by sundaymorningstaple » Wed, 22 Jun 2011 3:40 pm

She may well still be on it if she never cancelled it. That would cause the system to spit out the new application.
SOME PEOPLE TRY TO TURN BACK THEIR ODOMETERS. NOT ME. I WANT PEOPLE TO KNOW WHY I LOOK THIS WAY. I'VE TRAVELED A LONG WAY, AND SOME OF THE ROADS WEREN'T PAVED. ~ Will Rogers

hahnhahn

Post by hahnhahn » Fri, 24 Jun 2011 12:08 am

Hi to all,

Her school did apply for her a new 6 months student pass, but it was cancelled (she confirmed with the school staff) as she does not need that long period to stay in SG back then. She checked with ICA back in 2010 on whether a cancelled student pass will affect her visit to SG, the ICA staff informed it will not. She eventually went back to China within the period of a valid visa. No overstay..

Now, my girlfriend is saying that, I, the local contact is not good enough.. As long as I am above 21 years old, does the rest like my social status etc matters?

JayCee
Reporter
Reporter

Post by JayCee » Fri, 24 Jun 2011 9:35 am

hahnhahn wrote:Now, my girlfriend is saying that, I, the local contact is not good enough.. As long as I am above 21 years old, does the rest like my social status etc matters?
She wouldn't be my girlfriend anymore if she said something like that to me (although maybe something is getting lost in translation here).

I would imagine it doesn't help if you're unemployed and not earning, are you working at the moment?

hahnhahn

Post by hahnhahn » Fri, 24 Jun 2011 10:00 am

Yes, working at the moment...But is there any "hidden" requirements? ie. pay must be more than SGD $2,500? CPF Ordinary Account must be more than $10,000?

Anyway, does anyone know what information is being stored in our SingPass account? I know SingPass can be linked to CPF... So I presume that there are "hidden" requirements?

Sometimes girls are hard to manage...headache~~ :???:

JayCee
Reporter
Reporter

Post by JayCee » Fri, 24 Jun 2011 10:15 am

hahnhahn wrote:Yes, working at the moment...But is there any "hidden" requirements? ie. pay must be more than SGD $2,500? CPF Ordinary Account must be more than $10,000?

Anyway, does anyone know what information is being stored in our SingPass account? I know SingPass can be linked to CPF... So I presume that there are "hidden" requirements?

Sometimes girls are hard to manage...headache~~ :???:
Well your Singpass is your IC number so I assume everything that the government knows about you is linked to it.

No idea if there are hidden requirements, but wouldn't surprise me if there are, for the LTSVP you need to earn $2500 I believe so that might be a good starting point

Damien Neo

Application for Appeal on visit pass

Post by Damien Neo » Tue, 28 Jun 2011 11:10 pm

Dear All,

I need advice. Anybody who is able to help?

My wife is from vietnam and we have married for 6 months.

Before we got married, she commited an offfence and was made to stay in singapore for one year for purpose of being a witness if neccessary
After the case was closed, she has been repudiated back. Now i am trying to appeal for her to gain entry back to singapore so i and her can start a family. Any idea how to get a higher chance of success?

Thank you

Mad Scientist
Director
Director
Answers: 4

Re: Application for Appeal on visit pass

Post by Mad Scientist » Wed, 29 Jun 2011 4:26 am

Damien Neo wrote:Dear All,

Before we got married, she commited an offfence and was made to stay in singapore for one year for purpose of being a witness if neccessary
After the case was closed, she has been repudiated back. Now i am trying to appeal for her to gain entry back to singapore so i and her can start a family. Any idea how to get a higher chance of success?

Thank you
What offence care to elaborate ?

She was on LTSVP or work permit prior marriage ?

There shoud be some doc or a lable stamped on her PP stating a number of XX years banned from entering.

BTW are you sure repudiated NOT banned. This choice of word seems strange to me
The positive thinker sees the invisible, feels the intangible, and achieves the impossible.Yahoo !!!

sundaymorningstaple
Answers: 21

Post by sundaymorningstaple » Wed, 29 Jun 2011 7:15 am

probably mean repatriated, not repudiated.
SOME PEOPLE TRY TO TURN BACK THEIR ODOMETERS. NOT ME. I WANT PEOPLE TO KNOW WHY I LOOK THIS WAY. I'VE TRAVELED A LONG WAY, AND SOME OF THE ROADS WEREN'T PAVED. ~ Will Rogers

Damien Neo

Re: Application for Appeal on visit pass

Post by Damien Neo » Wed, 29 Jun 2011 2:37 pm

[quote="Mad Scientist"][quote="Damien Neo"]Dear All,

Thank you[/quote]

What offence care to elaborate ? she was working in a pub when she was on short visit pass and was caught. This was before i know her.

She was on LTSVP or work permit prior marriage ? she was on S-pass prior to marriage. After she was caught, the police granted her a S-pass which allows her to stay in singapore for witness purpose till case is closed. The police issued her a warning letter after the police case was closed and she was sent back.

There shoud be some doc or a lable stamped on her PP stating a number of XX years banned from entering. There was no documents or label on her PP stating number of years banned from entering.

BTW are you sure repudiated NOT banned. This choice of word seems strange to me
Sorry. It is repatriated. She was not banned.

Anybody hear of such similar case as mine or able to advise? Kindly help..

thank you