Singapore Expats

Permanent hair removal

Discuss about beauty & health. Need some advice or looking for a particular product? Share your beauty and health tips here.
chops

Permanent hair removal

Post by chops » Sun, 21 Jun 2009 7:05 pm

Hi, Does anyone have any recommendations for doctors / salons offering permanent hair removal for armpits and bikini line?

Thanks

x

suez_

Guarantee Permanent Hair Removal

Post by suez_ » Sun, 05 Jul 2009 11:18 pm

Hi, Jean Yip offer IPL permanent hair removal as follows which they guarantee and will touch up for you if the hair still grow back:

underarm: SGD888 exclude gst
lower legs: SGD 1788 exclude gst (promotion price) normal is SGD 2588
bikini line: not sure, hv to check

I am doing my underarm now...my hair does not grow back that much after like 5th session, onli occasionally few hairs....however i am still going for treatment now as i still hv sessions left.

Please advertise item for sale in the classified section of this site. It's free and it's not in violation of our anti-advertising position on the forums. - moderator

jtklassen

Re: Permanent hair removal

Post by jtklassen » Sat, 25 Jun 2011 12:05 pm

chops wrote:Hi, Does anyone have any recommendations for doctors / salons offering permanent hair removal for armpits and bikini line?

Thanks

x
I've a friend who works at a beauty salon-type place.. I've just bought 4 sessions for $60 (it was on promo).. but I've yet to go for a session.. here's the link - http://www.x-hair.sg/

joemy123

Post by joemy123 » Thu, 30 Jun 2011 1:22 pm

I want to show you some advice ,but i just don't know,maybe you can search in google to find answer

snowysummer

Post by snowysummer » Fri, 01 Jul 2011 11:38 am

There's quite alot of beauty salon out there that does permanent hair removal. I heard about Bella from my friend, heard that it's not bad. Thinking of giving it a try!

nicki08

Post by nicki08 » Fri, 08 Jul 2011 10:44 pm

I can say do NOT go to Spa Haven. I spent a lot of money for their hair removal treatment and it doesn't work. Terrible customer service also - at least from my visits.

It may be better to find a qualified dermatologist - more expensive but would at least get the job done.

tinkerbell88
Regular
Regular

Post by tinkerbell88 » Sat, 09 Jul 2011 12:00 am

I agree... a lot of salons charge an exorbitant fee for ipl hair removal. I'd rather go to a physician who is qualified to do laser hair removal, who understands the physics of how lasers work and can handle any problems if they arise. I'd feel more reassured that way.
tinkerbell88

niohnioh

Post by niohnioh » Fri, 15 Jul 2011 11:21 am

I had a good experience at Jurong East Spa Ziwi.

I get to know about them through a friend recommendation & also found good reviews at various forums.

So I decided to make an appointment with Sally for a trial session at $68 as per recommend for my leg’s hair removal.

During and throughout the whole process, the therapist Sally makes me feel comfortable.
She will start off with taking a look at how much leg hair you have, follow by shaving them off and applying a cold gel before she starts to snap the IPL on your leg.

She will start with a not so high power to see whether you can accept the pain level and increases the power accordingly. In my case, the pain was quite bearable, just slight ant-bite pain.

The whole process took about 30 minutes.

What I like about Spa Ziwi & the therapist Sally is they are not pushy, aggressive or do hard selling.
Sally will only recommend products or treatment to you when you ask her about it.

To date I have done 6 sessions of leg IPL with them and my leg’s hair is almost 90% gone.
Not to mention, the leg are also fairer + smoother.

For those interested, they can be reach at 66650233.