Singapore Expats

Pending inputs from vetting agencies

Relocating, travelling or planning to make Singapore home? Discuss the criterias, passes or visa that is required.
oioioi

Pending inputs from vetting agencies

Post by oioioi » Sun, 05 Jun 2011 12:39 am

Hi All

I have found this forum very helpful and have read many posts here.

I have been offered a job in Singapore and my employer has lodged my EP application online a few weeks ago now. My EP application falls under the P1 category as my monthly salary offered is well over the $8k cutoff.

My EP application status has been on "Pending inputs from vetting agencies. Expected outcome is 2 months from the Date of Application" for about a week now.

Reading through the previous posts on this topic, it seems like once the status gets to the "vetting" stage, the EP will be approved as long as MOM receive confirmation that the degrees are valid. Is my understanding correct? My guess is that the "vetting" stage is like the final stage in the application process? My reasoning is that MOM wouldn't be bothered going through the hassle with vetting your degrees if they were going to reject your application on any other grounds?

I probably (hopefully) have nothing to worry about but with all these anti-foreigners sentiment currently in Singapore ... I now hope that my EP can be approved as soon as possible so as to ease even the slightest concern.

Thanks

BillyB
Manager
Manager

Post by BillyB » Sun, 05 Jun 2011 1:09 am

Don't worry about it. All it means is you are probably one of the 'lucky' ones who are chosen to be investigated a little deeper to keep the quality standards high.

As long as your past experience and academic qualifications - that you declared on your EP application - sync in harmony with the MOM due diligence, you'll be sipping a beer in Boat Quay before you know it!!

lucyng

Post by lucyng » Sun, 05 Jun 2011 8:20 am

Think positive and good things will follow

"Law of attraction"

oioioi

Post by oioioi » Sun, 05 Jun 2011 11:53 am

Thanks Billy and Lucy.

I am staying positive but on the other hand, I dont want to be over confident. I was hoping for my EP to be approved within a week (since its submitted online), but its been a few weeks now so I think its normal for concerns to start creeping in. :) This will be a big move for me (to go to singapore) so I am quite eager to find out as soon as possible where my future lays. This is also so that I can start planning and getting ready to move (and resign my job here). :)

After reading all the success stories after the "vetting" stage, I am hoping that this is the final stage of the approval process and therefore was just asking to see if anyone knows more about this. For example, if this job was to fall under one of those "could be filled in by locals" categories, I mean it would have been rejected earlier right instead of going to the "vetting" stage (or any other reasons to reject). Any one has any ideas?

Thanks.

carteki
Editor
Editor

Post by carteki » Mon, 06 Jun 2011 4:16 pm

The vetting process is just to prove that your degree was actually obtained and not faked or something like that. They are pretty thorough - so you can use that to decide what your chances are of obtaining the pass.
Cheers
Kim

mashonrun

Post by mashonrun » Mon, 20 Jun 2011 11:11 pm

Hi oioioi, how is your EP status? I got the same status since 2 weeks ago. Anything to do other than waiting? Mine is also P1 EP.

singaporeflyer
Answers: 2

Post by singaporeflyer » Tue, 21 Jun 2011 12:40 am

mashonrun wrote:Hi oioioi, how is your EP status? I got the same status since 2 weeks ago. Anything to do other than waiting? Mine is also P1 EP.
Wait patiently. If your declaration of your education and other details are genuine, you need not worry and it should be fine. good luck !

oioioi

Post by oioioi » Tue, 21 Jun 2011 9:43 pm

Hi Mashonrun

Yes, my EP has recently been approved. Hooray!! :)

Good luck with your application and everyone waiting for your their EP approval. I am been through the waiting game - not pleasant.

singaporeflyer

Post by singaporeflyer » Tue, 21 Jun 2011 10:40 pm

oioioi wrote:Hi Mashonrun

Yes, my EP has recently been approved. Hooray!! :)

Good luck with your application and everyone waiting for your their EP approval. I am been through the waiting game - not pleasant.
Congrats and my wishes !

mashonrun

Post by mashonrun » Wed, 22 Jun 2011 4:26 pm

oioioi, Congrats!
Mine still "pending input from..." .
I know it will not mean anything but just cant help asking this question.. how long did it get from "pending input from..." to "approved" in your case ?

meetashok

Post by meetashok » Wed, 22 Jun 2011 4:48 pm

mashonrun wrote:oioioi, Congrats!
I know it will not mean anything but just cant help asking this question.. how long did it get from "pending input from..." to "approved" in your case ?
oioioi - My application has also been randomly selected vetting. Could you tell us how long did it take for your EP application to get approved?
I check with MOM, they informed me that I could withdraw the current application and re-apply again. They further said there is no guarantee that it won't be picked again for vetting. Do you have any information regarding this?

singaporeflyer

Post by singaporeflyer » Wed, 22 Jun 2011 5:58 pm

meetashok wrote:
mashonrun wrote:oioioi, Congrats!
oioioi - My application has also been randomly selected vetting. Could you tell us how long did it take for your EP application to get approved?
I check with MOM, they informed me that I could withdraw the current application and re-apply again. They further said there is no guarantee that it won't be picked again for vetting. Do you have any information regarding this?
Please dont double post. You have already started another new thread

oioioi

Post by oioioi » Thu, 23 Jun 2011 1:13 am

Thanks Singaporeflyer.

My EP took about 6 weeks in total to approve.

And i think most of that was under "pending input from vetting ...".

The best option will simply be to wait. But i believe it may expedite things if your HR is active and calling MOM to follow up. I believe once they start working on the file, it will take about 1 week or less. For example, maybe the vetting results might already be returned in say afew days but they havent gotten around to work on it yet. Then it may sit there for the next few weeks in a queue. But if your HR call them (u calling wouldnt help), they may just work on it immediately. I am just guessing here so dont take my words for it.

I certainly wouldnt withdraw your application as u will be going backwards. Too risky and it could jeopadise your future application.

Good luck to both of u.

I certainly

sundaymorningstaple
Answers: 21

Post by sundaymorningstaple » Thu, 23 Jun 2011 6:51 am

For the record, calling them when a file in "vetting" is a total waste of time as the officer/clerk on the other end of the line is waiting from input from their overseas teams.

But, if you feel better by calling them, feel free to do so. Seriously, unless you have something relevant to offer them, calling is a waste of both your time and their time.
SOME PEOPLE TRY TO TURN BACK THEIR ODOMETERS. NOT ME. I WANT PEOPLE TO KNOW WHY I LOOK THIS WAY. I'VE TRAVELED A LONG WAY, AND SOME OF THE ROADS WEREN'T PAVED. ~ Will Rogers

mashonrun

Post by mashonrun » Thu, 23 Jun 2011 7:36 pm

Hi, mine got approved today :)