Singapore Expats

EP application for new graduate on provisional certificates?

Relocating, travelling or planning to make Singapore home? Discuss the criterias, passes or visa that is required.
sundaymorningstaple
Answers: 21

Post by sundaymorningstaple » Tue, 14 Jun 2011 6:58 am

Well, at least it's finely sunk in. This is Singapore, they have their own quirks & anomalies that we just have to deal with. :wink:
SOME PEOPLE TRY TO TURN BACK THEIR ODOMETERS. NOT ME. I WANT PEOPLE TO KNOW WHY I LOOK THIS WAY. I'VE TRAVELED A LONG WAY, AND SOME OF THE ROADS WEREN'T PAVED. ~ Will Rogers

Asdracles
Reporter
Reporter

Post by Asdracles » Tue, 14 Jun 2011 11:23 am

On the bright side, give thanks you are not spanish, where you can collect only your University degree 10/15 months after you have passed the final exam! Here we are talking about 1/2 months, I guess.

pedrito

Post by pedrito » Tue, 21 Jun 2011 5:39 pm

Asdracles wrote:On the bright side, give thanks you are not spanish, where you can collect only your University degree 10/15 months after you have passed the final exam!
My EP was rejected and is now in appeal. Could it be because I only gave them a grade transcript (Certificado de Notas) in which it clearly says that my studies have finalized?

This was sufficient to gain an EPEC last year after I explained that in Spain you have to wait up to 1,5 years to formally obtain your degree on paper.

sundaymorningstaple
Answers: 21

Post by sundaymorningstaple » Tue, 21 Jun 2011 5:44 pm

See how easy it is to throw a spanner in the works at MOM? This is why we give the information that we give. Ignore our warnings at your own peril.
SOME PEOPLE TRY TO TURN BACK THEIR ODOMETERS. NOT ME. I WANT PEOPLE TO KNOW WHY I LOOK THIS WAY. I'VE TRAVELED A LONG WAY, AND SOME OF THE ROADS WEREN'T PAVED. ~ Will Rogers

pedrito

Post by pedrito » Tue, 21 Jun 2011 5:53 pm

Well I can't do nothing about it, I would love to have my degree title in my hands but that's how things in Spain work.

You even have to beg to get it mailed. It is normally expected that you go in person to collect your degree.

Asdracles
Reporter
Reporter

Post by Asdracles » Tue, 21 Jun 2011 6:22 pm

I'm spanish myself, so I know how it works, that's why my previous comment. Well, if all your marks are stated there, is a bit more formal than the document submitted by our employee, that was just a letter saying that she had completed the courses and passes all subjects.

I know it's a pain in the ass when even for High School you can only collect the diploma years later, I think it's worse now in University.

You can always call MOM. That's what I did when I got my application "Invalid" for first time, and they told me that it was because the document I attached was useless. Again, with the full set of subjects and marks, I would give it some more credit, but it's not me who decides.

Anyway, if it has been valid for EPEC, I would be optimistic.

Suerte!

pedrito

Post by pedrito » Tue, 21 Jun 2011 6:26 pm

Asdracles wrote:
Suerte!
La necesitaré (I will need it!)

pedrito

Post by pedrito » Thu, 23 Jun 2011 4:17 pm

Well this job is gone, Appeal was withdrawn by the company while it was in process.

I managed to squeeze out the reason from the employer when it was first rejected:
The information provided is not consistent with that in our records.

If you would like us to review your application, please send us details of the applicant's job duties in the company, a copy of the applicant's employment contract, a copy of the applicant's highest educational certificates (if available) and clear copies of the applicant's past employment testimonials, with a cover letter citing the application number.

Please mail these documents to the Work Pass Division, Ministry of Manpower, 18 Havelock Road S(059764) or fax them to (65) 6538 7293 by
Would what is mentioned (only degree transcript) in previous posts fit into this reason.
Do I need to provide for every position in the past an employment testimonial? I had two out of three:

-For the latest I have an extensive Reference in English
-For the second latest I have a short 5 line certificate only in Spanish (Internship)
-For the oldest job I don't have a testimonial (2006).

I have in line another job and want to make sure that I make everything right.

I checked back with the Spanish university, the degree has still not been issued. This is after 2 years I paid the fees for the issuing of it. Guy at the Uni: "Well given the current economic climate and the reduction of public workforce, they are working slower nowadays."

I am trying to get a letter from them, explaining this untypical situation, so I can submit it together with the degree transcript.

Maybe it's good for me to go down MOM and try to find out exactly what went wrong.
Or should I send them an email? Hotline is just an automatic sytem right?

Shameena

Re: EP application for new graduate on provisional certificates?

Post by Shameena » Sat, 31 Aug 2019 2:17 pm

Can I get epass using provisional certificate?I don't have degree certificate yet.