Singapore Expats

MOM Waiver for 2 years on new EP and S Pass Salary Tiers

Relocating, travelling or planning to make Singapore home? Discuss the criterias, passes or visa that is required.
sundaymorningstaple
Answers: 21

Re: MOM Waiver for 2 years on new EP and S Pass Salary Tiers

Post by sundaymorningstaple » Fri, 17 Jun 2011 11:52 am

JR8 wrote:
karanrao1837 wrote:I guess you can't be clearer than that SMS! I agree that we're lucky to get a renewal given the present situation. The reason we are keen to move up from EP to P2 is that our daughter who had a DP turned 21 and we cannot sponsor her stay under the LTSVP unless my wife's status is P2. This is why we want to get the P2. If she manages to get her salary raised to $ 3500 does she get her P2 or any other suggestions as our daughter now has to stay away from us with some relatives - not a happy situation as you can imagine!
If I were 21 (again) I would be very happy not to be living with my parents.
Kids are different that we were at that age. They aren't nearly as independent. I used to think it was cultural, but even in the US today, kids are staying home longer and longer before they cut the apron strings. In fact, I daresay, it's the parents who are doing the cutting as they want their lives back while they are still mobile and can enjoy it without going away and coming back to find the house totally wrecked. I've been on my own since 17 when I went into the military. Never lived at my parents home again.
SOME PEOPLE TRY TO TURN BACK THEIR ODOMETERS. NOT ME. I WANT PEOPLE TO KNOW WHY I LOOK THIS WAY. I'VE TRAVELED A LONG WAY, AND SOME OF THE ROADS WEREN'T PAVED. ~ Will Rogers

JR8
Immortal
Immortal

Post by JR8 » Fri, 17 Jun 2011 12:10 pm

I was forced from the nest at 11.

Best thing that happened to me :)

ksl
Governor
Governor

Post by ksl » Fri, 17 Jun 2011 1:13 pm

JR8 wrote:I was forced from the nest at 11.

Best thing that happened to me :)
Me too basically, my mum worked from 11 a.m until midnight every day 6 days a week, so didn't have much choice, though good neighbours were also a willing hands if i needed company.

JayCee
Reporter
Reporter

Post by JayCee » Fri, 17 Jun 2011 6:18 pm

When I were a lad :wink:

Did you guys only have gruel to eat, and get a lump of coal and an orange at christmas too? :lol:

JR8
Immortal
Immortal

Post by JR8 » Fri, 17 Jun 2011 6:27 pm

JayCee wrote:When I were a lad :wink:

Did you guys only have gruel to eat, and get a lump of coal and an orange at christmas too? :lol:
Aye, and we lived in a cardboard box. Still, that were better than the neighbours who lived in a hole in the road [etc etc]

:)

sundaymorningstaple
Answers: 21

Post by sundaymorningstaple » Fri, 17 Jun 2011 9:09 pm

You got a bloody orange?!? :shock:
SOME PEOPLE TRY TO TURN BACK THEIR ODOMETERS. NOT ME. I WANT PEOPLE TO KNOW WHY I LOOK THIS WAY. I'VE TRAVELED A LONG WAY, AND SOME OF THE ROADS WEREN'T PAVED. ~ Will Rogers

JR8
Immortal
Immortal

Post by JR8 » Fri, 17 Jun 2011 9:27 pm

sundaymorningstaple wrote:You got a bloody orange?!? :shock:
Jaycee were lucky! They don't know they're born these days...

ksl
Governor
Governor

Post by ksl » Fri, 17 Jun 2011 10:22 pm

Did you guys only have gruel to eat, and get a lump of coal and an orange at Christmas too? :lol:
Deleted :-| Sad times, I only recall the pram and railway-lines picking up the coal, as we had no heat in the house or money for gas to cook the Christmas dinner, my father was fornicating with some tramp somewhere! While his wife and 3 children suffered. :-| It was survival back then without a doubt!

JR8
Immortal
Immortal

Post by JR8 » Fri, 17 Jun 2011 11:02 pm

ksl wrote:

Did you guys only have gruel to eat, and get a lump of coal and an orange at Christmas too? :lol:
Deleted :-| Sad times, I only recall the pram and railway-lines picking up the coal, as we had no heat in the house or money for gas to cook the Christmas dinner, my father was fornicating with some tramp somewhere! While his wife and 3 children suffered. :-| It was survival back then without a doubt!
Aye, but thee were lucky to have coal. My great-uncle Herbert told me about coal once time when I were a lad.

karanrao1837

Post by karanrao1837 » Sat, 18 Jun 2011 10:52 am

Thanks for the reminiscing and touching stories of the good old days guys but getting back to the issue here -If my wife gets a salary raise to $3500 does she get a P2 status or is there some other suggestion on how we could get a LTSVP for her.
PS If we are fortunate enough to get PR can we then sponsor her LTSVP?

Thanks guys appreciate all your good work and time.

Mad Scientist
Director
Director
Answers: 4

Post by Mad Scientist » Sat, 18 Jun 2011 5:44 pm

karanrao1837 wrote:Thanks for the reminiscing and touching stories of the good old days guys but getting back to the issue here -If my wife gets a salary raise to $3500 does she get a P2 status or is there some other suggestion on how we could get a LTSVP for her.
PS If we are fortunate enough to get PR can we then sponsor her LTSVP?

Thanks guys appreciate all your good work and time.
Your question is as confusing as hell. Is she on LTSVP or P2 ?
Who is sponsoring who ?

You need to do better than that as we are not mind readers
The positive thinker sees the invisible, feels the intangible, and achieves the impossible.Yahoo !!!

karanrao1837

Post by karanrao1837 » Sun, 19 Jun 2011 12:21 am

Its a continuation of the post but let me remove the confusion.
Wife just got her second renewal of EP at $2500. If she gets her salary raise to $3500
Q1.Does she get P2 status at the old tier ie $3500?
Q2. Can she get LTSVP for our adopted daughter who lost her DP status as she turned 21 recently?
Q3. If we apply and are lucky to get PR can we sponsor our 21+ adopted daughter for a LTSVP?

Sorry for the earlier confusion.

Asdracles
Reporter
Reporter

Post by Asdracles » Sun, 19 Jun 2011 1:22 am

Please note previous SMS post saying that the limits are "minimum salaries" and that's all. The minimum that you need to get that pass.

I got downgraded from EP to S Pass last time with a salary much higher than that one. And still nothing to say. S Pass is issued to people that earns "at least" 1.8 K, so I fall into that. Also P2 is issued to those that earn "at least" 2.5 K, so I also fall there, but MOM decides where to put each one.

I guess that the pass selection has more to do with your qualifications than with the salary (once you meet the minimum requirement, of course)

I can't help with Q2-Q3