Singapore Expats

Scary! Time-lapse map of nuclear explosions 1945-1998

Discuss about the latest news & interesting topics, real life experience or other out of topic discussions with locals & expatriates in Singapore.
sundaymorningstaple
Answers: 21

Scary! Time-lapse map of nuclear explosions 1945-1998

Post by sundaymorningstaple » Tue, 14 Jun 2011 7:15 am

No damn wonder the earth's crust is shifting around!

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=LLCF7vPa ... detailpage
Last edited by sundaymorningstaple on Tue, 14 Jun 2011 9:17 am, edited 2 times in total.
SOME PEOPLE TRY TO TURN BACK THEIR ODOMETERS. NOT ME. I WANT PEOPLE TO KNOW WHY I LOOK THIS WAY. I'VE TRAVELED A LONG WAY, AND SOME OF THE ROADS WEREN'T PAVED. ~ Will Rogers

Mad Scientist
Director
Director
Answers: 4

Post by Mad Scientist » Tue, 14 Jun 2011 8:26 am

SMS

WE just had two big ones in Christchurch and 30 aftershocks from afternoon till 3 am in the morning.
All the hard work for the past 5 months went down the drain. I really do not know where to start.
Looks like my stay will be longer than expected. I cannot go back to Mebourne as the damn plumes from the volcanic eruption is disrupting all flights in and out of NZ.
It is freezing minus 1 here. I cannot pooh, I have no water and I have not take a bath for two days now.
The only thing I have is wireless internet connection. Even my phone is dead
Cannot do work as the road is clog with traffic. Liquefaction is everywhere.
The positive thinker sees the invisible, feels the intangible, and achieves the impossible.Yahoo !!!

sundaymorningstaple
Answers: 21

Post by sundaymorningstaple » Tue, 14 Jun 2011 9:13 am

I'm feeling for you, as my best mate's father is still in Christchurch as well. Me mate's in Jakarta at the moment (left Singapore last week - he's a PR here like me - but married to a girl from Tuban). Says his father's outside of the affected area "so far". Not good down there and that liquification thing reminds me of "quicksand" that we get in the US - in fact, it's probably exactly the same thing. Take care.
SOME PEOPLE TRY TO TURN BACK THEIR ODOMETERS. NOT ME. I WANT PEOPLE TO KNOW WHY I LOOK THIS WAY. I'VE TRAVELED A LONG WAY, AND SOME OF THE ROADS WEREN'T PAVED. ~ Will Rogers