Singapore Expats

SIA cabin crew

Join in the discussion about employment, interview as a cabin crew, pilot in major airlines.
Hi_all

SIA Interview

Post by Hi_all » Mon, 25 Apr 2005 11:15 pm

Any guys between 21 and 23 got selected for the 2nd round on Sunday's Interview

Re: SIA Interview

Post by Guest » Mon, 25 Apr 2005 11:30 pm

great1 wrote:For those who were called to attend the 7 May interview, is this your 1st interview or u attended the 23/24 April interview before ?
1st interview.

dior

Post by dior » Mon, 25 Apr 2005 11:50 pm

anyone here been invited for interview at 8.40am on 7 may?

Clarie

Post by Clarie » Tue, 26 Apr 2005 12:06 am

Anonymous wrote:
jas wrote:Hi nervous,
i was shortlisted for the next round too... which will be the water confidence test. is it true that those who can't swim will be eliminated? cos i don't know how to swim, am hestitating whether to go for it or not. 8)
nervous wrote:hi five...my water confidence test's on thurs.. :) r u going for the 2nd round interview as well?

smilez...i wish i can do it now...but its too late to do it now..so i guess i can juz pray hard dat i get thru all the tests on thurs...
Hi Jas,

Congrats on getting to the water confidence test!!I am selected on d interview on 7/5.Can u pls tell me what to expect on the first round of interviews.Having jitters:) PLs share with us ur tips on passing d first round.U can email me at [email protected] alternatively. THANKS a lot!!

I would like to know too.. if you don't mind share it in the forum? Thank you =D

Post by Guest » Tue, 26 Apr 2005 12:49 am

Anonymous wrote:
do|| wrote: I'm 1.64m! =D
Anyone know what other airlines employ SIngaporeans as flight attendent?
Emirates, Qatar Airways, JAL, British Airways
hi,

Gulf Air and Egypt Airline also employ singaporean stewardesses

JustMe

Post by JustMe » Tue, 26 Apr 2005 1:10 am

Clarie wrote:
Anonymous wrote:
jas wrote:Hi nervous,
i was shortlisted for the next round too... which will be the water confidence test. is it true that those who can't swim will be eliminated? cos i don't know how to swim, am hestitating whether to go for it or not. 8)
Hi Jas,

Congrats on getting to the water confidence test!!I am selected on d interview on 7/5.Can u pls tell me what to expect on the first round of interviews.Having jitters:) PLs share with us ur tips on passing d first round.U can email me at [email protected] alternatively. THANKS a lot!!

I would like to know too.. if you don't mind share it in the forum? Thank you =D
Be prepared for a long wait, esp for those who have slots in the later part of the morning!

First round, 10 go in as a group, face a panel of 2 interviewers.

They might take turns asking you a few questions one-by-one or they might just do a "introduce yourself and answer a question" one-by-one. I got the latter. We were told to introduce ourselves and then explain what we felt were the necessary qualities to be a good customer service officer.

After everybody has their turn, all 10 will be led to a holding room. After a few minutes, the results will be out and a few pple will be told that they have made it to the 2nd round.

2nd round, interview one-on-one with an ex-cabin crew. Very casual chat (at least for me) where the interviewer would ask you more questions to find out about you. This is where they are further checking your english. Do speak properly and think before you respond. For some, they were told to read a short passage (like oral tests back in school)...

Immediately after the interview, they will let you know if you have made it to the next round, which is the water and psychometric test.

Hope this helps and good luck!

aramis

Post by aramis » Tue, 26 Apr 2005 1:36 am

ok wat is a psychometric test my 2nd rd is later 1pm for guys cat i really had no idea

and wat must i wear this time round

gladysblossom

Post by gladysblossom » Tue, 26 Apr 2005 3:01 am

Hi! I got an invitation from SIA today too! Pleasant suprise! My interview is on 7May 1300. I had to mail my application instead of email on the day before the date line because the mailbox's full! Thought hope was gone when there's no reply from SIA for interview on 23/24 April. But thank god for the chance.

Post by Guest » Tue, 26 Apr 2005 7:57 am

JustMe wrote:
Clarie wrote:
Anonymous wrote: Hi Jas,

Be prepared for a long wait, esp for those who have slots in the later part of the morning!

First round, 10 go in as a group, face a panel of 2 interviewers.

They might take turns asking you a few questions one-by-one or they might just do a "introduce yourself and answer a question" one-by-one. I got the latter. We were told to introduce ourselves and then explain what we felt were the necessary qualities to be a good customer service officer.

After everybody has their turn, all 10 will be led to a holding room. After a few minutes, the results will be out and a few pple will be told that they have made it to the 2nd round.

2nd round, interview one-on-one with an ex-cabin crew. Very casual chat (at least for me) where the interviewer would ask you more questions to find out about you. This is where they are further checking your english. Do speak properly and think before you respond. For some, they were told to read a short passage (like oral tests back in school)...

Immediately after the interview, they will let you know if you have made it to the next round, which is the water and psychometric test.

Hope this helps and good luck!
Hi Justme,

Can I know what dresscode is preferred for the first interview? I have seen a remark on another forum is that we are advised to dress professionaly if possible a business suit. What are ur views? DO u think we should tie up our hair or let it down? Thanks for ur time!

nervous

reply to jas

Post by nervous » Tue, 26 Apr 2005 9:40 am

hey jas..

im not sure if u will b eliminated if u dunno how to swim..but heard fr my frenz dat u dun need to be a very good swimmer..just need to jump and den sumhow swim to the side of the pool to get out...sumting like dat i tink.. :)

i wonder if ders anybody here who can give advice on the 2nd round of interview.. :)

cheers

Post by Guest » Tue, 26 Apr 2005 12:13 pm

Thank You JusMe =) All the best for your swimming test

Re: reply to jas

Post by Guest » Tue, 26 Apr 2005 2:34 pm

nervous wrote:hey jas..

im not sure if u will b eliminated if u don't know how to swim..but heard fr my frenz dat u dun need to be a very good swimmer..just need to jump and den sumhow swim to the side of the pool to get out...sumting like dat i tink.. :)

i wonder if ders anybody here who can give advice on the 2nd round of interview.. :)

cheers
If SIA has writing test, you surely flunk because your writing style very funny - Ley!

curious2

SIA Steward Interview

Post by curious2 » Tue, 26 Apr 2005 2:52 pm

Any guys here know how many guys were selected to go for the next round of interview / medical check up after today's interview ? Thanks

nervous

reply to guest

Post by nervous » Tue, 26 Apr 2005 3:07 pm

:D haha...well...if SIA has a writing test..i won't be afraid.. :) and i definitiely will not fail! the reason why my writing style is funny is because this is a forum..n i feel that there is no need to be so formal..hence the abbreviations.. :) thanks guest for pointing it out to me though!

Leto

Post by Leto » Tue, 26 Apr 2005 5:23 pm

To all those who have gotten into the 2nd day interview..dont be too happy yet... it's not the end of the interview..it does not guarantee you a place to join SIA yet! Wait until you have really pass through all the interviews..then you are considered part of our cabin crew.

Icy is my friend.... she told me she rcv many e-mails asking about the interviews and what to wear and how's the interview like... Icy and I are thinking of setting up a forum to answer all queries for the interview.

Interested parties can e-mail to [email protected] first.