Singapore Expats

hiring of WP or SP pass holders in the service line?

Discuss your views about Singapore business & economy, current policies & issues, starting a business in Singapore.
Mr Tan
Regular
Regular

hiring of WP or SP pass holders in the service line?

Post by Mr Tan » Thu, 02 Jun 2011 12:40 am

what is the guidelines anyone ?

sundaymorningstaple
Answers: 21

Post by sundaymorningstaple » Thu, 02 Jun 2011 6:59 am

You have a 50% dependency ratio. (Look it up on the MOM site). MOM will find all kinds of reasons to bounce them. Especially on renewals (I had 4 out of 5 bounced last week). Depends also on the sector in the service industry as well. If in the Hospitality industry, it seems a wee bit easier than ours, but they are changing the goal posts almost weekly now, so it's really hard to tell what their current mindset is. :(
SOME PEOPLE TRY TO TURN BACK THEIR ODOMETERS. NOT ME. I WANT PEOPLE TO KNOW WHY I LOOK THIS WAY. I'VE TRAVELED A LONG WAY, AND SOME OF THE ROADS WEREN'T PAVED. ~ Will Rogers

ecureilx
Immortal
Immortal

Post by ecureilx » Thu, 02 Jun 2011 12:04 pm

sundaymorningstaple wrote:You have a 50% dependency ratio. (Look it up on the MOM site). MOM will find all kinds of reasons to bounce them. Especially on renewals (I had 4 out of 5 bounced last week). Depends also on the sector in the service industry as well. If in the Hospitality industry, it seems a wee bit easier than ours, but they are changing the goal posts almost weekly now, so it's really hard to tell what their current mindset is. :(
Gotta agree .. ever since the govt found out that most WP are billed like 3,000 but the end recipient gets less than 1,000 mostly .. and at 3,000, or even 2,000 enough singaporeans are ready to take up the job ..

The service industry - bars especially, have seen WP being trimmed .. and the S pass renewals are going haywire.. especially for those with the instant diplimas .. HRM Grads .. et al, who end up doing basic waitressing jobs ..

Mr Tan
Regular
Regular

r

Post by Mr Tan » Fri, 03 Jun 2011 10:19 am

then how those restaurant owners can employ so many PRCs as waitress to work there ? it seems like these owners who are not locals enjoys such priveliges

ecureilx
Immortal
Immortal

Re: r

Post by ecureilx » Fri, 03 Jun 2011 11:10 am

Mr Tan wrote:then how those restaurant owners can employ so many PRCs as waitress to work there ? it seems like these owners who are not locals enjoys such priveliges
At the risk of earning the wrath of the coffee shop owners / service industry operators .. I am not gonna suggest the 'methods' they overcome such restrictions .. :D :D

You can possibly work it out .. if you make friends with the staff ..

And, it is not PRCs who are in the service industry .. a lot from other ASEAN countries possibly outnumber the PRCs

Mr Tan
Regular
Regular

re

Post by Mr Tan » Mon, 25 Jul 2011 11:28 am

i asked one of the staff at a restaurant near bugis, told me it was a joint venture between local and china business. apparently my understanding , the relationship is the local applies the necessarily permits and the china businessman acts like an investor who will support the business with PRC workers. anyone can help with the exact procedures.

sundaymorningstaple
Answers: 21

Post by sundaymorningstaple » Mon, 25 Jul 2011 11:55 am

So you want someone to help you circumvent the law on this website? Won't do too much for our good name and credibility will it. If someone does, it will be summarily stomped on.

SOME PEOPLE TRY TO TURN BACK THEIR ODOMETERS. NOT ME. I WANT PEOPLE TO KNOW WHY I LOOK THIS WAY. I'VE TRAVELED A LONG WAY, AND SOME OF THE ROADS WEREN'T PAVED. ~ Will Rogers

Mr Tan
Regular
Regular

re

Post by Mr Tan » Mon, 25 Jul 2011 9:52 pm

i think u got me wrong, i am not talking about hiring illegally or buying manyear from others. i am talking about hiring legally right in the face of MOM. i work in various korean firms dealing with billions of dollars , do u think our government shut their doors if they seek of a more experience local firm to guide them or suppose u want to start a company in africa , wont u seek of local lawyers or singapore lawyers?

Mad Scientist
Director
Director
Answers: 4

Post by Mad Scientist » Tue, 26 Jul 2011 4:43 am

go to Chinese Chamber of Commerce

You will not get people to tell you how to do it here
The positive thinker sees the invisible, feels the intangible, and achieves the impossible.Yahoo !!!