Singapore Expats

SIA cabin crew

Join in the discussion about employment, interview as a cabin crew, pilot in major airlines.
Connected

Post by Connected » Sat, 28 May 2011 10:56 pm

Wah..naomi..that‘s a difficult qns!! i got asked on where will be the utimate country which we want to visit....but may i ask naomi,edis0n n snowss...what time did u guys reach there?

harlequin15

Post by harlequin15 » Sun, 29 May 2011 2:18 pm

Hi all,

Im bck frm the interview too! Likewise like connected, i was booted out during round 2. Apparently, they found me big size. Lol.
After checking my skin, the lady told me to check my weight. So I asked, "am i considered fat?" and she replied "errrrr, yes"
I knee there & then t I will be booted out liao.
Im perfectly comfy with my figure though. I dont think im fat.
I guess it depends on if the interviewer like u too. But im nt disappointed. Will probably go & try again. Maybe lose sme weight, if i really want the job bahhh... Anyways, its fun coz it feels like im in those Idol competition & thr's lots of cute guys too! :P

:lol:

novastrike

Post by novastrike » Sun, 29 May 2011 4:02 pm

Hi all,

I'm new here. But since i got some(if not most) of my information on the interviews and what to expect from here, I just felt that I should contribute something back on my experience. Anyway, I just came back from the management round of the interviews. Got through!! ^^

I won't go through the different stages as it is the same as what is being posted a few pages earlier. Just want to share my experience and the kind of attitude and mentality that I took on.

For the group of 10 interview, you can prepare your little 'speech' on how you are going to introduce yourself. However, keep it simple. You do not want your standard in the 'random topic' part to be too contrasting. Just be yourself and remember that there are 9 other nervous souls with you. You are not alone.

For the skin check, nothing much can be done about it but I saw some girls using concealers to hide some blemishes on their neck and forearms. Seems to work, they got through the skin check alright.

For the game, doesn't really matter who wins, its more of your interaction between your team-mates that matter.

The 1 on 1 interview that follows will be where your determination and your suitability is measured and determined. Questions like "how do you think you can contribute to SIA as a steward with XYZ diploma/degree?" and "how well do you think you can cope with having to fly around and not be in the country for your family and friends?" will surface and if you are unable to convince the interviewer that you are the person for the job, that's that.

Now we come to the management round.. The way I see it, it's more of your abilities and aptitude here. Things like your confidence when you speak and your ability to talk under stress are put to the test. You will also be given some time to interact with a designated partner and then introduce him/her to everyone/ Pronunciation is important too and words like sauteed, crisps, reminiscence pop up in the passage reading. Basically, just carry yourself well, speak confidently and be alert as the interviewers can throw you questions like "ok tell me what you know about XYZ person(<<someone else in the group other than the designated person you were assigned to find out about)"

Well, that's about all i have to contribute. Basically.. Just be confident in yourself and clear your mind.

If anyone has any queries you think I can help you with, do feel free to email me at [email protected]

P.S i'm a guy... quite a number of guys got through this time round (from what i noticed)

harlequin15

Post by harlequin15 » Sun, 29 May 2011 4:48 pm

novastrike wrote:Hi all,

I'm new here. But since i got some(if not most) of my information on the interviews and what to expect from here, I just felt that I should contribute something back on my experience. Anyway, I just came back from the management round of the interviews. Got through!! ^^

I won't go through the different stages as it is the same as what is being posted a few pages earlier. Just want to share my experience and the kind of attitude and mentality that I took on.

For the group of 10 interview, you can prepare your little 'speech' on how you are going to introduce yourself. However, keep it simple. You do not want your standard in the 'random topic' part to be too contrasting. Just be yourself and remember that there are 9 other nervous souls with you. You are not alone.

For the skin check, nothing much can be done about it but I saw some girls using concealers to hide some blemishes on their neck and forearms. Seems to work, they got through the skin check alright.

For the game, doesn't really matter who wins, its more of your interaction between your team-mates that matter.

The 1 on 1 interview that follows will be where your determination and your suitability is measured and determined. Questions like "how do you think you can contribute to SIA as a steward with XYZ diploma/degree?" and "how well do you think you can cope with having to fly around and not be in the country for your family and friends?" will surface and if you are unable to convince the interviewer that you are the person for the job, that's that.

Now we come to the management round.. The way I see it, it's more of your abilities and aptitude here. Things like your confidence when you speak and your ability to talk under stress are put to the test. You will also be given some time to interact with a designated partner and then introduce him/her to everyone/ Pronunciation is important too and words like sauteed, crisps, reminiscence pop up in the passage reading. Basically, just carry yourself well, speak confidently and be alert as the interviewers can throw you questions like "ok tell me what you know about XYZ person(<<someone else in the group other than the designated person you were assigned to find out about)"

Well, that's about all i have to contribute. Basically.. Just be confident in yourself and clear your mind.

If anyone has any queries you think I can help you with, do feel free to email me at [email protected]

P.S i'm a guy... quite a number of guys got through this time round (from what i noticed)
Yeap i noticed there were many guys around. So i guess u must be one of those cute guys i was talking abt. :lol:

Nways, congrats on making it through. All the best in ur flying career. :))

novastrike

Post by novastrike » Sun, 29 May 2011 11:02 pm

harlequin15 wrote:
Yeap i noticed there were many guys around. So i guess u must be one of those cute guys i was talking abt. :lol:

Nways, congrats on making it through. All the best in ur flying career. :))

nah, im not cute in any way. lol. honestly i don't think you have to look fantastic? average looks (of cos with clear skin and whatever pre-reqs they have) will suffice for them. it's more of your confidence and personality they go for in the end.

na0mi

Post by na0mi » Sun, 29 May 2011 11:22 pm

Connected wrote:Wah..naomi..that‘s a difficult qns!! i got asked on where will be the utimate country which we want to visit....but may i ask naomi,edis0n n snowss...what time did u guys reach there?
slightly before 8 am :)

mickeyyy

Post by mickeyyy » Mon, 30 May 2011 4:10 am

Hi girls and guys,

I went for the walk in interview as well,
Got thru the first round but got booted out at the round 2 because i was 0.3cm not enough!!!!! :x (Ok, I am quite dissapointed... because is only 0.3... :( ) But I am gonna try increase my height, although many will prolly think is not possible to grow any taller after 20... But I'm not gonna give up! :D

Congrats to the girls and the guys who made it! :)
harlequin15, your so nice by sharing your experience I know for sure now you will make a great steward! :D

Btw do any of you know how tall is the red tape they want us to reach?

snowss
Chatter
Chatter

Post by snowss » Mon, 30 May 2011 7:18 am

Connected wrote:Wah..naomi..that‘s a difficult qns!! i got asked on where will be the utimate country which we want to visit....but may i ask naomi,edis0n n snowss...what time did u guys reach there?
I reached there at 9am, alrdy in grp 50. think next time I'll be 1hr earlier :)
(=^_^=)

transcendent

Post by transcendent » Mon, 30 May 2011 3:12 pm

hi all, went ytd and passed final rd,

went for medical this morning and the doc said need a letter from my doc for 1 of my condition.

so i went to the hospitale to request for the letter but the waiting time is 2-3 weeks :(

Connected

Post by Connected » Mon, 30 May 2011 3:39 pm

Transcendent...Congras to u!! First try for you this time??
Dun fret about waiting for 2 weeks becos u will be still an air stewardess afterall!!

Just relax n enjoy ur time before you start ur flying career!

transcendent

Post by transcendent » Mon, 30 May 2011 4:01 pm

Connected wrote:Transcendent...Congras to u!! First try for you this time??
Dun fret about waiting for 2 weeks becos u will be still an air stewardess afterall!!

ya first try, im a guy haha

novastrike

Post by novastrike » Mon, 30 May 2011 4:07 pm

transcendent wrote:

hey! maybe we saw each other at RP @ Scotts? which group were u in?

transcendent

Post by transcendent » Tue, 31 May 2011 2:56 pm

novastrike wrote:
transcendent wrote:

the first few groups of the day

novastrike

Post by novastrike » Wed, 01 Jun 2011 2:22 am

transcendent wrote:
novastrike wrote:
transcendent wrote: ya first try, im a guy haha
the first few groups of the day
there were only 9 groups in total.. =.=

well. nvm then lol.

fussybunny

Help!

Post by fussybunny » Thu, 02 Jun 2011 5:41 pm

Hi! I need some help from people who are already inside! I actually got through everything last May but I failed my medical report, which was quite stupid of me to declare all my childhood illness!!!, but I'm perfectly fine to fly. No motion sickness, or gastric for sure, since I fly quite often for leisure. Does anyone if it's possible to email them my updated, clean medical report? It has already been more than a year! If so, do you know which email should I mail it too? Thanks so much! :')