Singapore Expats

Heartbroken

Discuss about the latest news & interesting topics, real life experience or other out of topic discussions with locals & expatriates in Singapore.
Barri

Heartbroken

Post by Barri » Sun, 29 May 2011 6:08 pm

MISSING! Stuffed animal: Cheetah
This animal named Titi has been the favorite toy of a 6 year old girl (Barretta) since she was born. It went missing on Saterday, May 28th. Location: Block 18, Ghim Moh Road: Eng Wah Hardware store.
The animal was left in the store and at closing time it was placed outside on the mailbox of block 18 by the shopkeeper. Shortly after we checked, the shop was closed and Titi was nowhere to be seen, after a heartbreaking night we went next morning to the shop but one of the owners said she trew it out!

Barretta’s heart is broken and is asking all who read this if they have seen her stuffed animal. She is so upset she is willing to give 50 dollar of her own pocket money to whoever returns it.

REWARD 50 dollar
email: [email protected]

[URL=http://imageshack.us/photo/my-imag ... .jpg[/img] ImageShack.us[/url]

ecureilx
Immortal
Immortal

Re: Heartbroken

Post by ecureilx » Sun, 29 May 2011 7:12 pm

Barri wrote:
if your story is true .. you should advertise in the newspapers + post notices around the area where it was lost .. not on Cyerspace where the old, neighbours and people and such don't read ..

Barri

Post by Barri » Sun, 29 May 2011 7:15 pm

I did post it all over the area, but hadn't thought yet about the newspapers; thank you

durain
Director
Director

Post by durain » Sun, 29 May 2011 8:23 pm

but you said one of the owner threw it out. check the bin next to the ulu pandan cc?

lightupwanderlust

Post by lightupwanderlust » Sun, 29 May 2011 9:43 pm

can you buy a new one and pretend it's the old one?

ecureilx
Immortal
Immortal

Post by ecureilx » Mon, 30 May 2011 10:06 am

JayCee
Reporter
Reporter

Post by JayCee » Mon, 30 May 2011 10:10 am

You named your daughter after a handgun?

ecureilx
Immortal
Immortal

Post by ecureilx » Mon, 30 May 2011 11:14 am

JayCee wrote:You named your daughter after a handgun?
Me was thinking why the name Barretta sounds familiar .. :D :D but the gun was Berretta .. if I am not mistaken :D

JayCee
Reporter
Reporter

Post by JayCee » Mon, 30 May 2011 11:19 am

ecureilx wrote:
JayCee wrote:You named your daughter after a handgun?
Me was thinking why the name Barretta sounds familiar .. :D :D but the gun was Berretta .. if I am not mistaken :D
My bad

I wonder if their son is called Glock :lol:

Barri

Post by Barri » Mon, 30 May 2011 4:26 pm

Yes i did went in there but besides old furniture no stuffed cheetah. :(

I tried to find out where they bring the waste but apparantly that is considered state security :???:
Unfortunatly I can't find the cheetah here, my mum who lives in Norway took it from there and already tried to find more but couldn't.

It is really a horror especially that the woman in the shop just trew it out without thinking about how sad that made her costumers.

nakatago

Post by nakatago » Mon, 30 May 2011 4:33 pm

Barri wrote:Yes i did went in there but besides old furniture no stuffed cheetah. :(

I tried to find out where they bring the waste but apparantly that is considered state security :???:

It is really a horror especially that the woman in the shop just trew it out without thinking about how sad that made her costumers.
Thing is, people just throw out stuff they don't want anymore. During Chinese New Year, people would be dumping perfectly good furniture to replace them with newer ones just for the new year. My flatmate's daughter's preschool teacher told her that if she can't finish food, just throw the leftovers in the rubbish. Only until recently, did our neighborhood implement collecting recyclables.
"A quokka is what would happen if there was an anime about kangaroos."

Barri

Post by Barri » Mon, 30 May 2011 4:37 pm

Hahaha wel my last name is Barri
Arretta means promise of god
and Barrett means warrior-like people

so that is why I came up with Barretta
Is also a nice warning to a (far in the) future husband to treat her with care cause i am reasonably good with moving targets. :D

No too bad am not looking for a tiger but a cheetah.

JR8
Immortal
Immortal

Post by JR8 » Mon, 30 May 2011 4:52 pm

Barri wrote:Hahaha wel my last name is Barri
Arretta means promise of god
and Barrett means warrior-like people

so that is why I came up with Barretta
Is also a nice warning to a (far in the) future husband to treat her with care cause i am reasonably good with moving targets. :D

No too bad am not looking for a tiger but a cheetah.

The Barrett 50 cal rifle means the 'promise of death' from a range of up to a mile.

Have you tried looking at toy-shops online. Like Hamleys in the UK, maybe FAO Scwarz in the US...?

I know it must be wrenching to lose a toy that's been hers from day #1, but maybe you need to pretend to be more pragmatic about it in front of your daughter, as I'm sure she will be absorbing and mirroring your distress.

Edit to add:
http://www.amazon.co.uk/Wild-Republic-S ... 355&sr=8-2

http://www.tidytoys.co.uk/shop/a-z-list ... s/cheetahs

http://cgi.ebay.co.uk/ws/eBayISAPI.dll? ... 0727963663

This was similar looking replacements from the first page of Google using search terms ' buy "soft toy" cheetah '. There are pages more that follow...

Barri

Post by Barri » Mon, 30 May 2011 11:13 pm

I found it indeed a splendid idea :) to pick out a similair looking toy.

I think the middle one looks quite ok: http://www.piasofttoys.com/nederlands1/ ... es/216.jpg

Eh pragmatic :???:
Well I think my daughter learned quite a few things about property law, how to put up a search and how to make a police rapport, the limits of the law where the police is confined to, how friendly the Ghim Moh police was in taking her loss seriously and how many people in her neighbourhood where taking her side and where willing to help her. :)
I think she is already a big step forward in becoming a good member of society. :D

x9200

Post by x9200 » Tue, 31 May 2011 8:13 am

Barri wrote:Well I think my daughter learned quite a few things about property law, how to put up a search and how to make a police rapport, the limits of the law where the police is confined to, how friendly the Ghim Moh police was in taking her loss seriously and how many people in her neighbourhood where taking her side and where willing to help her. :)
I think she is already a big step forward in becoming a good member of society. :D
You tried to engage police to solve this problem!? :shock: Unbelievable.

Return to “General Discussions”