Singapore Expats

How long should we wait for chance of PR approval?

Relocating, travelling or planning to make Singapore home? Discuss the criterias, passes or visa that is required.
JME

How long should we wait for chance of PR approval?

Post by JME » Sat, 21 May 2011 10:57 pm

Hi,

I am currently P2 pass holder and living in Singapore for 3 years. After one year in SG, we (me+husband) applied for PR at Jan 2009. It was rejected and applied again in Nov 2009 (only for me). It was rejected again and I appealed in Aug 2010 after our baby girl was born here. It was rejected again :cry:
I really want to settle down in SG. I intend to apply PR again in August this year. Is it suitable time? or How long should we wait to apply again?

Strong Eagle
Answers: 9

Post by Strong Eagle » Sat, 21 May 2011 11:13 pm

Have you read any of the PR threads on this forum?

sundaymorningstaple
Answers: 21

Post by sundaymorningstaple » Sun, 22 May 2011 12:26 pm

If you have been rejected three times, I would seriously consider looking at other options, e.g., Aus, NZ, Canada or the UK.
SOME PEOPLE TRY TO TURN BACK THEIR ODOMETERS. NOT ME. I WANT PEOPLE TO KNOW WHY I LOOK THIS WAY. I'VE TRAVELED A LONG WAY, AND SOME OF THE ROADS WEREN'T PAVED. ~ Will Rogers

JME

Post by JME » Mon, 23 May 2011 2:23 pm

Strong Eagle wrote:Have you read any of the PR threads on this forum?
Hi! SE, yes, I read PR threads and GE thread on this forum since arrived in SG. And, Thanks for a lot of valuable information.

JME

Post by JME » Mon, 23 May 2011 2:38 pm

sundaymorningstaple wrote:If you have been rejected three times, I would seriously consider looking at other options, e.g., Aus, NZ, Canada or the UK.
Thanks, SMS. But, for my family, SG is only choice for me. For three times rejection, my calculation is as below.
First time - may be because of our marriage period. (we register our marriage in SG at the end of 2008. I didn't know they also include this point in their consideration before I read a lot of PR threads on this forum.)
Second time - tightening is started around Sept 2009. So, my application could not be successful.
Third time appeal - no need to expect, more and more tightening time.

I was EP Q1 holder at that time. I have engineering master degree from JP. If my calculation is wrong :?

sundaymorningstaple

Post by sundaymorningstaple » Mon, 23 May 2011 3:44 pm

The problem, as I see it, is that all your applications, rejections & appeals are still in your file with MOM/ICA. They will remain there indefinitely. The people opening up that file is going to see all the rejected applications and unless that officer is really special, their vision will already be coloured and or cloudy. That, along with the current messy outlook due to the recent GE, well, I'd just not get my hopes up too high with three rejections already.

You might get lucky though, so don't let my tinge of reality change your mind. :wink:

You asked a question, I gave an answer based on what we are seeing at the moment, but as you know, there does not seem to be any rhyme nor reason as of late on how they are looking at who stays and who goes. :?
SOME PEOPLE TRY TO TURN BACK THEIR ODOMETERS. NOT ME. I WANT PEOPLE TO KNOW WHY I LOOK THIS WAY. I'VE TRAVELED A LONG WAY, AND SOME OF THE ROADS WEREN'T PAVED. ~ Will Rogers

beppi
Manager
Manager

Post by beppi » Mon, 23 May 2011 4:28 pm

You came to Singapore in 2008, married very soon afterwards and applied for PR a month after marrying -> Marriage of convenience for the purpose of getting a PR, in the eyes of ICA.
Less than a year after the rejection, you applied again for yourself but not your wife -> Marriage of convenience suspicion confirmed (why else would you drop your "wife" if scheme is not successful?)
Having a baby now will probably relieve the suspicion somewhat, but being over-eager will work against it. Wait for two years or so before you re-apply (or make a son - that always helps!).

JME

Post by JME » Mon, 23 May 2011 11:35 pm

SMS, actually, I don’t rush to apply again. I just calculating how long we should stand to re-apply for a good chance.
Beppi, thanks for your advice. We came together to SG to register our marriage and settle down here. I am main applicant and I drop my “husband”

sundaymorningstaple

Post by sundaymorningstaple » Mon, 23 May 2011 11:50 pm

Honestly, nobody knows what the future holds at the moment. Those with lower EP's/S passes are probably going to be on the short end of the stick as it's those who are competing for jobs with the locals (PMETs). That and with the current GE results means we all are flying blind at the moment and are going to have to just watch and see how it looks like it might be played out. I do know that MOM in trying to revamp the appeals process, as I sat in on an interview last Monday with one of their Asst Directors of the Corporate Development & Customer Management Group via invitation through this forum. At the moment, the best thing is to keep your ears & eyes glued to the media to see if you can detect a trend. That's what we are doing, but at the moment it's too early to tell.

JME

Post by JME » Tue, 24 May 2011 6:03 pm

Thanks, SMS, I will stick on this forum too. I hope PTS scheme for PR will neither be disappeared from ICA web page nor the scheme is updated as “For P1 Pass Holder Only”

Mad Scientist
Director
Director
Answers: 4

Post by Mad Scientist » Wed, 25 May 2011 4:18 am

[quote="JME"]Thanks, SMS, I will stick on this forum too. I hope PTS scheme for PR will neither be disappeared from ICA web page nor the scheme is updated as “For P1 Pass Holder Only”
The positive thinker sees the invisible, feels the intangible, and achieves the impossible.Yahoo !!!

carteki
Editor
Editor

Post by carteki » Wed, 25 May 2011 3:16 pm

[quote="JME"]Thanks, SMS, I will stick on this forum too. I hope PTS scheme for PR will neither be disappeared from ICA web page nor the scheme is updated as “For P1 Pass Holder Only”

revhappy
Editor
Editor

Post by revhappy » Wed, 25 May 2011 4:14 pm

[quote="carteki"][quote="JME"]Thanks, SMS, I will stick on this forum too. I hope PTS scheme for PR will neither be disappeared from ICA web page nor the scheme is updated as “For P1 Pass Holder Only”