Singapore Expats

Health Supplements market info

Discuss your views about Singapore business & economy, current policies & issues, starting a business in Singapore.
johnson11

Health Supplements market info

Post by johnson11 » Sat, 21 May 2011 10:52 am

I am evaluating a business opportunity in the Health Supplements sector in Singapore and would like to solicit advice from individuals who know about or have exeprience in this market segment.
1) How competitive is the Vitamins and Minerals space?
2) What are the conventional marketing channels?
3) Are there specific impediments to the internet shopping channels?
4) What are critical success factors in this space?
5) How big is the market overall and what is the nature and number of the main players in the market.
6) Any other information that is fundamental to be aware of for this market.

Certainly also looking at collaborating with individuals and/or companies who can add value.

[email protected]

Thanks.
Last edited by johnson11 on Sat, 21 May 2011 9:21 pm, edited 1 time in total.

sundaymorningstaple
Answers: 21

Post by sundaymorningstaple » Sat, 21 May 2011 12:35 pm

Why don't you try marketing something you actually know something about? :???: :roll:

Or, are we doing your school project for you? :-|
SOME PEOPLE TRY TO TURN BACK THEIR ODOMETERS. NOT ME. I WANT PEOPLE TO KNOW WHY I LOOK THIS WAY. I'VE TRAVELED A LONG WAY, AND SOME OF THE ROADS WEREN'T PAVED. ~ Will Rogers

Mad Scientist
Director
Director
Answers: 4

Post by Mad Scientist » Sat, 21 May 2011 5:31 pm

Your products is it ETO or otherwise
The positive thinker sees the invisible, feels the intangible, and achieves the impossible.Yahoo !!!

johnson11

Post by johnson11 » Sat, 21 May 2011 9:56 pm

I'm not sure what ETO stands for, if you explain I will be happy to respond. I have an exclusive on vitamins, minerals and supplements from two manufacturers in the US for Sing, Indonesia and Malaysia and am in the process of setting up an internet based business. I may need to supply to retailers and wholesalers in the initial stages and I am not familiar with the established channels and obstacles which is why placed my original post.

ksl
Governor
Governor

Post by ksl » Sun, 22 May 2011 1:02 am

johnson11 wrote:I'm not sure what ETO stands for, if you explain I will be happy to respond. I have an exclusive on vitamins, minerals and supplements from two manufacturers in the US for Sing, Indonesia and Malaysia and am in the process of setting up an internet based business. I may need to supply to retailers and wholesalers in the initial stages and I am not familiar with the established channels and obstacles which is why placed my original post.
So basically you want us to hand over the hard work we put in, finding that information? Yes I am well up to date on this market in Singapore, and I'm also interested in what you have to offer. What are your sales channels back in the US? Maybe we can help each other as I'm not really a competitor, though i have all the data, and the last large entrant was Holland & Barrett UK in Singapore and Malaysia they manufacture their own products and have been here almost a year now.

It's a tough market with plenty of competitors European, Australian, US and many others distributing through local sales channels. Though new entrants don't understand the locals here, I can see it at the expo exhibitions were they have paid top$ for space and lose out significantly. by the time they wise up, it will be too late.

You would have to cough up money here in Singapore for an account, probably looking at 4 to 5k just for an account, then pay per Sku and share advertising and more.

We do distribute and have the channels in Singapore, so i know what's going on, in this market.

You can PM me after 5 posts, or send me an email, through my signature.

Mad Scientist
Director
Director

Post by Mad Scientist » Sun, 22 May 2011 6:33 pm

Read this

http://www.mineralresourcesint.com/docs ... on-Eto.pdf

Then tell me your product is EtO or not
The positive thinker sees the invisible, feels the intangible, and achieves the impossible.Yahoo !!!

ksl
Governor
Governor

Post by ksl » Sun, 22 May 2011 10:02 pm

MS do you know of any reputable jamu manufactures in Indonesia, I will be soon looking for some new products to be researched.

Mad Scientist
Director
Director

Post by Mad Scientist » Mon, 23 May 2011 3:53 am

Mate

I have PM you the info.

Cheers