Singapore Expats

SIA cabin crew

Join in the discussion about employment, interview as a cabin crew, pilot in major airlines.
sad:(

SIA Cabin Crew

Post by sad:( » Mon, 25 Apr 2005 1:49 pm

Anyone knows for those guys selected on Sunday, what were their age ? I guess for guys, SIA prefer older ones. Any idea ?

piggypie

Post by piggypie » Mon, 25 Apr 2005 2:05 pm

Varsha wrote:
piggypie wrote:Hi all. i went for the interview yesterday and only one girl from myn group was selected for the second round one to one interview. sob... That girl they selected was the tallest from my grp. wonder what she will look like in the kebaya.
sigh... never got in this time. gonna try next time. mean while gonna look for jobs to cover my expense for the next few months. maybe this time round the number of applicants too much, thats why they were stricter in their selection. anyway. i have always been a 1.62. but don't know wny when that indian lady took my height she only gave me a 1.58. next time round must check.
how tall was this girl like, piggypie? was she good looking?
She is quite average looking. not pretty. She didnt put any makeup on that day. Quite big sized too. but she was a natural. her self intro during the group interview wasn't that impressive either.
I think first round really is based on looks and heights.

Smilez

Post by Smilez » Mon, 25 Apr 2005 2:20 pm

What time is your water confidence test on thu nervous?

My sister going for the test as well.... Do you all have to bring along swim suit? And is the Kebaya test on that day as well? Meaning on Thu you will know if you get in or not?

nervous

reply to smile

Post by nervous » Mon, 25 Apr 2005 2:45 pm

hi smilez..

im suppose to be der in the morning...dunno wat time is the water confidence test..

congrats to ur sis...i tink der are a few tests we need to go through..ur sis should haf received the letter stating the tests...but im not sure if there are more tests...kebaya n water confidence tests r some of the few tests we need to go thru as stated ..the letter also stated dat we need to bring our swimsuit..its all staed in the letter,, :)

im not sure if we will noe the ultimate result on thurs...only know that its by elimination..u can get eliminated at any rounds...dats all..

cheers

reverie

Post by reverie » Mon, 25 Apr 2005 4:41 pm

I applied with the same batch as most of you, the one with the dateline on 2/4/05

I'VE JUST RECEIVED AN INVITATION FOR AN INTERVIEW!!!
7th May

I am so ecstatic right now

Anyone else?

Post by Guest » Mon, 25 Apr 2005 5:28 pm

To Reverie:
Are you not kidding? Usually there's only 1 weekend of interview. Did you receive it today? If so, may I know what time did you rec the email? Anyone else who got the same invitation on 7 May????

Reverie

Post by Reverie » Mon, 25 Apr 2005 5:33 pm

not kidding~

I received it today, yes, 4:28pm to be exact
I'm very surprised too!

It's for 7/5/05 1030am

If anyone else has the same day, email me?

[email protected]

peeps

Post by peeps » Mon, 25 Apr 2005 8:09 pm

i got the invitation too! 7th may, 8.40am!! so happy!

jas

Post by jas » Mon, 25 Apr 2005 8:37 pm

Hi nervous,
i was shortlisted for the next round too... which will be the water confidence test. is it true that those who can't swim will be eliminated? cos i don't know how to swim, am hestitating whether to go for it or not. 8)
nervous wrote:hi five...my water confidence test's on thurs.. :) r u going for the 2nd round interview as well?

smilez...i wish i can do it now...but its too late to do it now..so i guess i can juz pray hard dat i get thru all the tests on thurs...

hi-five

Post by hi-five » Mon, 25 Apr 2005 8:57 pm

hi,

notice that we need to sign an indemnity form before the test - so if u drown during the swimming test, SIA is not liable actually i think.

if u can't swim, hmm... make sure you got a buddy to help u just in case - i dunno but i thought they ask whether u can swim during round 2 rite?

another round - on 7/5? - is this for ladies or men?

good luck everyone. i'm scared people will stare at my body - i'm so slim. yikes.

JustMe

Re: SIA Cabin Crew

Post by JustMe » Mon, 25 Apr 2005 9:11 pm

sad:( wrote:Anyone knows for those guys selected on Sunday, what were their age ? I guess for guys, SIA prefer older ones. Any idea ?
Around 24 - 27..

Post by Guest » Mon, 25 Apr 2005 9:33 pm

hi-five wrote:hi,

notice that we need to sign an indemnity form before the test - so if u drown during the swimming test, SIA is not liable actually i think.

if u can't swim, hmm... make sure you got a buddy to help u just in case - i don't know but i thought they ask whether u can swim during round 2 rite?

another round - on 7/5? - is this for ladies or men?

good luck everyone. i'm scared people will stare at my body - i'm so slim. yikes.
7/5 is perhaps for lady? coz i m a female. yup
dun worry abt ur figure. be confident. jia you!!

Post by Guest » Mon, 25 Apr 2005 10:37 pm

jas wrote:Hi nervous,
i was shortlisted for the next round too... which will be the water confidence test. is it true that those who can't swim will be eliminated? cos i don't know how to swim, am hestitating whether to go for it or not. 8)
nervous wrote:hi five...my water confidence test's on thurs.. :) r u going for the 2nd round interview as well?

smilez...i wish i can do it now...but its too late to do it now..so i guess i can juz pray hard dat i get thru all the tests on thurs...
Hi Jas,

Congrats on getting to the water confidence test!!I am selected on d interview on 7/5.Can u pls tell me what to expect on the first round of interviews.Having jitters:) PLs share with us ur tips on passing d first round.U can email me at [email protected] alternatively. THANKS a lot!!

Post by Guest » Mon, 25 Apr 2005 10:59 pm

Anonymous wrote:
jas wrote:Hi nervous,

Hi Jas,

Congrats on getting to the water confidence test!!I am selected on d interview on 7/5.Can u pls tell me what to expect on the first round of interviews.Having jitters:) PLs share with us ur tips on passing d first round.U can email me at [email protected] alternatively. THANKS a lot!!
hi, wat time is your interview scheduled at?

great1

SIA Interview

Post by great1 » Mon, 25 Apr 2005 11:09 pm

For those who were called to attend the 7 May interview, is this your 1st interview or u attended the 23/24 April interview before ?