Singapore Expats

Eurovision

Chats, Flames, Jokes, Junks. Don't know where to post ? You've just found the right place.
BillyB
Manager
Manager

Eurovision

Post by BillyB » Sat, 14 May 2011 10:39 am

Mancunians are looking forward to tomorrow, looks like Man United will win the league for the 19th time and also hopefully the blue boys will win later as well, its been a long time since we won the eurovision.........

JR8
Immortal
Immortal

Post by JR8 » Sat, 14 May 2011 11:13 am

Eurovision!?

I didn't realise that you are a shirt-lifter :P

BillyB
Manager
Manager

Post by BillyB » Sat, 14 May 2011 12:59 pm

Zip it Delia. Get back to your baking.......

JR8
Immortal
Immortal

Post by JR8 » Sat, 14 May 2011 7:31 pm

Do you still have the Buck's Fizz 45?

BillyB
Manager
Manager

Post by BillyB » Sat, 14 May 2011 9:05 pm

Nah, but the Mrs has a few Blue CD's if you want to borrow them??!!!

My first 45 was...........wait for it.............Kylie Minogue!! And yes, you can take the piss. I hang my head in shame!! Although I think it was more of a schoolboy crush than the locomotion or I should be so lucky!!

JR8
Immortal
Immortal

Post by JR8 » Sat, 14 May 2011 9:44 pm

BillyB wrote:Nah, but the Mrs has a few Blue CD's if you want to borrow them??!!!

My first 45 was...........wait for it.............Kylie Minogue!! And yes, you can take the piss. I hang my head in shame!! Although I think it was more of a schoolboy crush than the locomotion or I should be so lucky!!
Blue...? Haha, no that's alright but thanks for the offer! And Kylie Minogue, she was pretty hot though. You weren't a neighbours fan were you :)

My first 45 was Alvin Stardust ('My coo ca choo'). If that doesn't ring a bell and you want a laugh... http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=se5VX-LAJAE

The second, my parents having banned me from buying Lucy in the Sky with Diamonds by Elton John, was Sparks ('This town...') which looking back now I still like! It's a decent rock song and quite cleverly structured.
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=QAzESJ62irI

That was the beginning of the slippery slope I think as shortly afterwards I bought my first album which was Rolled Gold by the Stones.

p.s. The 1st non-chart 45 was by Pinky and Perky, but we'll leave that conversation for another time I think :)

BillyB
Manager
Manager

Post by BillyB » Sat, 14 May 2011 10:36 pm

JR8 wrote:
BillyB wrote:Nah, but the Mrs has a few Blue CD's if you want to borrow them??!!!

Blue...? Haha, no that's alright but thanks for the offer! And Kylie Minogue, she was pretty hot though. You weren't a neighbours fan were you :)

My first 45 was Alvin Stardust ('My coo ca choo'). If that doesn't ring a bell and you want a laugh... http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=se5VX-LAJAE

The second, my parents having banned me from buying Lucy in the Sky with Diamonds by Elton John, was Sparks ('This town...') which looking back now I still like! It's a decent rock song and quite cleverly structured.
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=QAzESJ62irI

That was the beginning of the slippery slope I think as shortly afterwards I bought my first album which was Rolled Gold by the Stones.

p.s. The 1st non-chart 45 was by Pinky and Perky, but we'll leave that conversation for another time I think :)
I used to be a neighbours fan - mainly for Kylie and it went from there!! I'm showing my youth now!!

Sh*t JR8, I can't compete with your musical experience. I didn't realise Elton did the original lucy in the sky - I only know the Oasis cover!!

I do love the Stones though as a saving grace.....

JR8
Immortal
Immortal

Post by JR8 » Sun, 15 May 2011 12:44 am

BillyB wrote: I used to be a neighbours fan - mainly for Kylie and it went from there!! I'm showing my youth now!!

Hahaha :lol: Grange Hill was a bit more my era, though I don't recall it having any hot chicks in it. I'm showing that I have a decade+ on you I think!

Sh*t JR8, I can't compete with your musical experience. I didn't realise Elton did the original lucy in the sky - I only know the Oasis cover!!

Nah. I was probably just lucky to have had my formative years coincide with the biggest revolution in musical history (prog-rock>heavy rock>punk>metal>new wave>>>), and I think given the relative lack of other media back then, music played a much more important part in a young persons life than it does today.

By the way, Elton's version of LSD was a cover as well. The Beatles did the original. The song was always dogged by scandal over it's drug references which was why I was denied it as a youth :) In fact I seem to recall that even the '74 Elton version was banned from being broadcast!

I do love the Stones though as a saving grace.....

Ah sweet redemption :) Do you ever do karaoke? The Stones are a fun challenge to try and sing!

Return to “Leisure Chat, Jokes, Rubbish”