Singapore Expats

Apartment and flatmate search

Discuss about life in Singapore. Ask about cost of living, housing, travel, etiquette & lifestyle. Share experience & advice with Singaporeans & expat staying in Singapore.
beirnes

Apartment and flatmate search

Post by beirnes » Wed, 20 Apr 2011 9:24 pm

I've been looking to rent a room in a nice condo for the last 2 weeks. To say it's been frustrating is an understatement, I've had agents/landlords not show up, not answer their phone, etc. I'm willing to pay up to SG$2500 so didn't expect any problem. I also think the main websites r very overrated. At this stage, I'm thinking of getting my own apt & subletting the room. So if anybody is in the same boat & would like to arrange to rent a 2 or 3 bed apt in the next wk or so, do contact me. I'm considering max $4600 for a 2-bed & $6500 for a 3 bed. Ideally looking to liver in River Valley with The Robertson Qy & Aspen Heights apts very appealing. Would also appreciatevany feedback from people who've been in mynsituation before

Strong Eagle
Answers: 9

Post by Strong Eagle » Wed, 20 Apr 2011 10:35 pm

Have you tried

http://www...com.sg/

Not affiliated... just know folks who have used it with success.

darkages

Re: Apt/Flatmate search

Post by darkages » Mon, 09 May 2011 10:17 am

beirnes wrote:I've been looking to rent a room in a nice condo for the last 2 weeks. To say it's been frustrating is an understatement, I've had agents/landlords not show up, not answer their phone, etc. I'm willing to pay up to SG$2500 so didn't expect any problem. I also think the main websites r very overrated. At this stage, I'm thinking of getting my own apt & subletting the room. So if anybody is in the same boat & would like to arrange to rent a 2 or 3 bed apt in the next wk or so, do contact me. I'm considering max $4600 for a 2-bed & $6500 for a 3 bed. Ideally looking to liver in River Valley with The Robertson Qy & Aspen Heights apts very appealing. Would also appreciatevany feedback from people who've been in mynsituation before
I'm looking for a room too. Was wondering if you are still in the midst of your search. Contact me kinghan[at]gmail.com if you are interested to make a pact

carteki
Editor
Editor

Post by carteki » Mon, 09 May 2011 11:14 am

A simple use of the "search" function will bring up lots of resources - but I'll be nice....

http://forum.singaporeexpats.com/ftopic75268.html

sundaymorningstaple
Answers: 21

Post by sundaymorningstaple » Mon, 09 May 2011 2:41 pm

carteki wrote:A simple use of the "search" function will bring up lots of resources - but I'll be nice....

http://forum.singaporeexpats.com/ftopic75268.html
I though we brung you up better'n that! :mrgreen:
SOME PEOPLE TRY TO TURN BACK THEIR ODOMETERS. NOT ME. I WANT PEOPLE TO KNOW WHY I LOOK THIS WAY. I'VE TRAVELED A LONG WAY, AND SOME OF THE ROADS WEREN'T PAVED. ~ Will Rogers