Singapore Expats

ideas on finding an expat family to rent a condo?

Discuss about where to live, renting a property, tenancy issues, property trend and property investment in Singapore.
peacetruth

ideas on finding an expat family to rent a condo?

Post by peacetruth » Sat, 07 May 2011 4:34 pm

hi

we have a condo that we need to now move from. edited by moderator

whats the best way to find a family to rent it without paying the agency fees?

if you know of some ideas of how i can reach other families who may be looking for a great place, available immediately, must go before end of August, then please post a reply...

if you know anyone who is looking for such a place then also please connect me with them...avni@cjautos. com

i would be able to help that family with all sorts of information to settle in singapore....from personal contacts in finding a great helper to where to find anything they need...

please help...thank you!

Search By

scarbowl
Chatter
Chatter

Post by scarbowl » Sun, 08 May 2011 10:00 am

It's not a good idea to rent without an agent. There's a common scam to rent out an apartment you don't own and to flee with the deposits. Having an agent involves reduces the chances of that.

sundaymorningstaple
Answers: 21

Post by sundaymorningstaple » Sun, 08 May 2011 11:57 am

Use the Classified section of this and other sites as well. However, trying to advertise in the forum subliminally or otherwise, will just keep getting your posts deleted........

SOME PEOPLE TRY TO TURN BACK THEIR ODOMETERS. NOT ME. I WANT PEOPLE TO KNOW WHY I LOOK THIS WAY. I'VE TRAVELED A LONG WAY, AND SOME OF THE ROADS WEREN'T PAVED. ~ Will Rogers

JR8
Immortal
Immortal

Post by JR8 » Sun, 08 May 2011 1:36 pm

Yeah trying to advertise here man for free, that's neither peaceful or truthful.

Uncool.

peacetruth

Post by peacetruth » Sun, 08 May 2011 3:14 pm

i tried to post a classified ad on singapore expats, ...but on this site when i did it, i filled a form out and it said something like thank you we will review and respond?

what does that mean?

i was also unable to post pictures imeediately...

and also have done in gumtree without any hassel, immediate posting and pictures possible...but on your website not sure what the process is...

do inform...

ksl
Governor
Governor

Post by ksl » Sun, 08 May 2011 3:31 pm

peacetruth wrote:i tried to post a classified ad on singapore expats, ...but on this site when i did it, i filled a form out and it said something like thank you we will review and respond?

what does that mean?

i was also unable to post pictures imeediately...

and also have done in gumtree without any hassel, immediate posting and pictures possible...but on your website not sure what the process is...

do inform...
It means you didn't pay the $8 fee I guess, I posted on there last week and was charged $8, in the job section, so I don't know if it applies to property rentals, I would hopse so :)

JR8
Immortal
Immortal

Post by JR8 » Sun, 08 May 2011 3:36 pm

Funny, someone thinks this site might be an alt for Gumtree.

I look at it more as those two old guys in the box seats on the Muppets looking down on things and commenting on what goes on below...

peacetruth

Post by peacetruth » Sun, 08 May 2011 4:38 pm

look forward to some positive contributions from other forum users regarding more ideas...

...anyone know of an decent agencies in uk or australia that specifically markets properties in singapore for coming expats - then please let me know any info you may have on them...

also anyone know of another website thats very popular in singapore aside gumtree?

JR8
Immortal
Immortal

Post by JR8 » Sun, 08 May 2011 9:54 pm

I've heard that Stomp is a popular website.

peacetruth

Post by peacetruth » Sun, 08 May 2011 10:01 pm

great thank you very much! i have never heard of it, so that is helpful...

do let me know if anyone has any otehr ideas...

sundaymorningstaple
Answers: 21

Post by sundaymorningstaple » Sun, 08 May 2011 10:24 pm

:roll:
SOME PEOPLE TRY TO TURN BACK THEIR ODOMETERS. NOT ME. I WANT PEOPLE TO KNOW WHY I LOOK THIS WAY. I'VE TRAVELED A LONG WAY, AND SOME OF THE ROADS WEREN'T PAVED. ~ Will Rogers

peacetruth

Post by peacetruth » Mon, 09 May 2011 8:15 am

not sure if the moderator was really trying to help, as stomp seems to be a young persons website with no place to advertise high profile properties?!

i actually took the moderator seriously, i have a lot to learn!

any other credible suggestion?