Singapore Expats

Know of any good Karaoke bars??

Events and gatherings for the 20's Club
Rhea_D

Know of any good Karaoke bars??

Post by Rhea_D » Tue, 03 May 2011 9:45 pm

Hey, I was hoping someone could help me - I'm looking for a good karaoke bar to sing the night away... does anyone know of any good ones?

Preferably not the type where scantily clad women sing for you - wanna hog the microphone myself!

Thank you fellow expats!

JR8
Immortal
Immortal

Re: Know of any good Karaoke bars??

Post by JR8 » Tue, 03 May 2011 11:29 pm

Rhea_D wrote:Hey, I was hoping someone could help me - I'm looking for a good karaoke bar to sing the night away... does anyone know of any good ones?

Preferably not the type where scantily clad women sing for you - wanna hog the microphone myself!

Thank you fellow expats!
I have been to a 'KBox' quite a few times. The outfit will have a number (10-20?) of small private rooms. You go with a group of friends (room size varies, I normally go with say 5 or 6 friends). The K set-up is high-end professional, big plasma, 2 mics, massive song list. There are sofas lining the room, and a button to press for drink service or to ask for assistance with the equipment. You simply pay by the hour.

We used to frequent a place by Cuppage Terrace so can send details if of interest. The plus is it's your private room so you can go nuts with your pals (my specialities are Prodigy, AC/DC, Motorhead and Ozzy Osbourne :)), and it's not that much $ amongst a group of friends.

I cannot abide public karaoke, as so many people that get inflicted on the audience are absolutely shockingly bad singers!

JR8
Immortal
Immortal

Post by JR8 » Wed, 04 May 2011 12:11 am

While I have the link at hand, here is a good review with details, prices, hours etc...

http://yongetsu.wordpress.com/2009/08/3 ... singapore/

Note this writer specifically went to do JP-karaoke, BUT most of Cash Studio rooms in Cuppage Plaza are set up for local and western songs.

p.s. This is a 'family KBox' place, so no hanky panky goes on, though expect some working girls to be loitering here and there outside in the mall itself.