Singapore Expats

Jetstar Is Recruiting Again!

Join in the discussion about employment, interview as a cabin crew, pilot in major airlines.
dOvee
Regular
Regular

Post by dOvee » Fri, 29 Apr 2011 11:27 pm

whitepetals wrote:
dOvee wrote:Hihi,

I understand from the post above that the walk in at grand roxy is for jet star international, just want to have a better understanding of what to expect out of the employment under JSI as there are limited information on regarding this.

May i ask:
1) Do they do layovers or turn around flights?

mostly layovers. never turnaround out of and back to sin.. turnarounds are usually in australia... but not many. :)

Dovee: Sorry to ask a not so clever qn, the recruitment now for jetstar int'l crew is SIN base right?

2) if they do turn layovers, are they paid by per sector like all other airlines?

what do u mean by turn layovers?? our pay is flight pay (based on hours u fly) and layover allowance (depending on where u are having ur layover)

Dovee: sorry i mean layover, not turn layovers. :D my mistake.

3) Since they are not considered budget airline, are they expected heavily to do sales of F&B on the plane like other budget airlines?

we still do sales on board... well we try our best to sell cos that will become our commission.. good for company, good for us!

Dovee: Of course, additional income! :D

4) How long are the training period? Upon confirmation to commence training, are the candidates expected to pay any bond fee etc?

ground school is 1 month... no upfront bond is required.

Dovee: oh, the training seems to be much shorter than other airlines here in SIN. :) so i suppose the training is very intense?

5) How long is their contract / bond?

2 years.

Dovee: Any idea if they do give out completion bonus? :P just curious.

6) How are the interviewing process for jetstar international?

1st day is a 1-1 interview with JQ people. after that go home wait for phone call. they will call u up within the same day if u are chosen for the next round. 2nd day is a whole day affair with first round being group games, written test (not difficult if u study). after that they will eliminate some people from that round. then u go for lunch. come back from lunch, there will be a briefing on salary structure, benefits, etc. then comes the Q&A. after that, there will be one more 1-1 interview. then swimming test. then u are done! jus wait for the phone call.

Dovee: This is a service oriented industry, i am sure that they are looking for candidates that can provides good customer service, but is there any other requirement that they may be looking for? for eg like SIA, whr we know that its seems like the appearance and perfect skin is a must criteria to enter their position, is it the same that happens in JSI? >.<

7) Lastly, i know everyone have a burning question about the salary structure and it's not right to discuss about it. But, how much per month on average can cabin crew from Jetstar internation bring home, in comparison to SIA?

cannot compare to SIA. the more u fly the more u take home...

Dovee: i am asking this because i just left my work in a junior position, earning a pay est of 2k ++, so i am considering with the need to be working constantly overseas, the possibility of spending will definitely be higher than i am spending at home country, i am just wondering if the salary will be at least 3k per month, so as to cover things like meals overseas, as well as late night/ early flight transportation via cabs.

Thats all for now. I hope if anyone who knows can share with us!
to be honest, if u read through the past 10 pages of this thread u can find all the info that u need. :)[/b]

Thanks Whitepetals for sharing your knowledge with us. Thou many will suggest that we should go for it if i am really interested (because if you dont try you never know), but i just to go through all that i need to know seriously before i even take a step to go for it. It's not fair for me to deprive of other's opportunity if i only realise something basic that i am not uncomfortable at the last stage (if i ever gets there O.o) and withdraw.

Any other infor that you need the cabin crew wannabe should also take note of before going for it?

weeweewee

Post by weeweewee » Mon, 02 May 2011 4:40 am

hi, which level is it at roxy hotel?

whitepetals
Chatter
Chatter

Post by whitepetals » Mon, 02 May 2011 10:30 am

weeweewee: just check with the hotel staff when you arrive lo.. no problem..

whitepetals
Chatter
Chatter

Post by whitepetals » Mon, 02 May 2011 10:41 am

Dovee: Sorry to ask a not so clever qn, the recruitment now for jetstar int'l crew is SIN base right?

yes its sin based intl crew :)

Dovee: oh, the training seems to be much shorter than other airlines here in SIN. :) so i suppose the training is very intense?

yup it is very tiring and info overload is bound to happen... but i guess most of us pull through it with each others' support anyway :)

Dovee: Any idea if they do give out completion bonus? :P just curious.

eh, seriously not that i know of! :)

Dovee: This is a service oriented industry, i am sure that they are looking for candidates that can provides good customer service, but is there any other requirement that they may be looking for? for eg like SIA, whr we know that its seems like the appearance and perfect skin is a must criteria to enter their position, is it the same that happens in JSI? >.<

well i guess looking presentable, well groomed and being friendly is important... but no, no need perfect skin or ms universe figure.. i guess its your character that they are looking for.. :)

Dovee: i am asking this because i just left my work in a junior position, earning a pay est of 2k ++, so i am considering with the need to be working constantly overseas, the possibility of spending will definitely be higher than i am spending at home country, i am just wondering if the salary will be at least 3k per month, so as to cover things like meals overseas, as well as late night/ early flight transportation via cabs.

i see, for now u don't need to worry about transport in sin.. all our sign on for flight is in the late afternoon to latest 9pm plus.. so u can easily take public transport or take cab (only peak hour charges on top of normal..) if you'd like :) coming back to sin we arrive in the evening as well.. so no need to worry about that. but if u stay vvvv far from the airport like me.. taking cab all the time will be quite expensive... thats why i take MRT to airport.. and when coming back then i'll take a cab because im too tired. :X

hope all of that helps.. and good luck if you are going tmr, and good luck to everyone of course! :) keep smiling.. :D

ps: for airline codes, jetstar international is JQ, jetstar asia is 3k.. :) just for your info :)

allsodandy

Post by allsodandy » Tue, 03 May 2011 6:46 pm

hi! anyone received any calls yet??? :)))

tienchin

Post by tienchin » Tue, 03 May 2011 7:30 pm

Hi ladies n gentlemen..

My situation as below:

I'm 23 this year, male Ht 165cm 50kg (as measured during the interview) with 5 N lvls(technical de) excluding Maths

yesterday a friend informed me theres interview at a hotel, so i when today.

915am Reached hotel, queue up acommpanied by my friend who also going for e interview too, was abit discouraged of my education qualification. Scared cant even fill up the form to go further!

920am got e form, and gave my doc., head to HT measurement. Also abit low confident as i only reached the MIN HT which is 165cm!, swiftly got through..

925am filled up the form including job history and personal particulars.

935am acommpanied by a host into the interview room, a angmor (should be from AUST) interview me. Asked me qn about my job history, what is customer serivces etc etc.

945am she told me that if i got through, I'll recieve a call after 5pm.

950am so off i go for lunch n head home..
----
then
----

1715pm RINGRING 'unknown no.'

me: "hello? whose this?"

jetstar: "Hi this is from jetstar, congrats you made it through the interview, please come on thurs for swimming n 2nd round of interview thank you"

thats my day!

----
But I'm in a dilemma, can any experianced jet star crew enlighten me? thank you...

Q. This interview is for jet star asia or international?

Q. is there any salary diff between these 2 company?

currently im holding on to job which i like with gross occasionally reaching to 3k, as i just trf to this dept which need about 6 months bond.

Q.I really really need to know what is the salary stracture for jet star asia/int'l ?

Q. what if i got selected, can i tell them to hold on to my name until 6months finish? honestly i don't mind paying the bond if the salary is my current.

I'm really in a dilemma, I really like both jobs.. please experiance jetstar crew give me some advice regarding my qn. thank you many many..

tienchin

Post by tienchin » Thu, 05 May 2011 9:29 pm

no name wrote:
angelafatty wrote:anybody know how is the salary package like for jetstar international?
I am not proud to say this but since you asked.
700 basic (will increase to 800 after a year and that's the max)
flying hours for first 80 hours- 5 dollars
after that- 7 dollars

usually you will get about 100-120 hours a month

layover 50 dollars
layover in JPN: 75 dollars

Transportation your flying hours in total x $1.60

There is no uniform allowance, no make up allowance.

All in singapore money.

Hope all these clear your doubts.

Average take home is 1.7/8K
hi "noname"
so is this the current pay package?
what are the chances of get 2k take home?

ur average take home pay 1.7/8k is after CPF?

Walker81

Post by Walker81 » Thu, 05 May 2011 10:48 pm

Yes there will be chance to take home more than 2K. Either you get promoted to Customer Service Manager (CSM) or you request for more flights hours = work hard.

pinkladys
Regular
Regular

Post by pinkladys » Fri, 06 May 2011 4:42 am

Hi tienchin, how was ur interview today? Care to share? hope everything went well. Cheers

pinkladys
Regular
Regular

Post by pinkladys » Fri, 06 May 2011 4:44 am

Hi, so mean we start with $700 than 1 year later to $800 as basic pay? than the rest will be fly allowance and the sales u make on board? Tks

Walker81

Post by Walker81 » Fri, 06 May 2011 9:25 am

Hi Pinkladys, would recommend you to go for the interview as they will brief you more details on all the basic, allowance and the incentive and etc.

pinkladys
Regular
Regular

Post by pinkladys » Fri, 06 May 2011 9:31 am

Hihi.. Tks for ur reply.
Oh.. Actually I went for the interview before.. How about u? Jetstar cabin Crew?

Walker81

Post by Walker81 » Fri, 06 May 2011 9:43 am

Yup Jetstar Asia cabin crew, so you manage to get in?

tienchin

Post by tienchin » Sun, 08 May 2011 12:41 pm

pinkladys wrote:Hi tienchin, how was ur interview today? Care to share? hope everything went well. Cheers
hi PINKLADY, sorry for the late reply..

when to the interview that day.. before lunch break, we did some games and test..

so after break we were suppose to report back and see who got selected for the 1-1interview and swimming tests..

so about 30+ ppl they called out 11 names.. i'm the lucky one!
haha

after that we had an indepth briefing of the pay package n other stuff..

and during the 1-1interview, the interviewer said will get back to us in 2weeks time, and training might start in 18 july.. thats all.. btw its jetstar international (JQ) =D

SIAWannabe

Post by SIAWannabe » Sun, 08 May 2011 7:28 pm

For those that are worried about Jetstar asia swimming test.

There is NO swimming during the interview for jetstarASIA. Only towards the end of training. Swimming is with a lifejacket and pool is 2m deep. quite a distance.

Any other questions? :)
Dreams can come true :)