Singapore Expats Forum

Appeal after PR rejection.

Relocating, travelling or planning to make Singapore home? Discuss the criterias, passes or visa that is required.
nitinkrmishra

Appeal after PR rejection.

Postby nitinkrmishra » Thu, 28 Apr 2011 11:48 am

Hi All,

We applied PR in May 2010 and recieved the rejection letter in oct-2010 , We appealed against the rejection . In April 2011 we got a letter from ICA asking for current salary slip & letter from current company of me and my wife.( She is working under DP).

Brief history of my case :
1. I am working in singapore since last 4 1/2 years under P2 pass.
2 . My wife is in singapore since last 2009 april after our marriage in april 2009 , She has started working from 2010 May.
3. Our Household imcome in 8K per month.

Anyone faced this type of situation earlier and what are the chances of getting PR after this appreal.

Thanks ..

sundaymorningstaple

Postby sundaymorningstaple » Thu, 28 Apr 2011 12:00 pm

I'd say your chances are pretty good considering that they are trying to determine if you are still working and earning the same bread. If the current salary shows an increment from the salary being earned when the application was filed, even better.

nitinkrmishra

Postby nitinkrmishra » Thu, 28 Apr 2011 12:09 pm

Yes , I got increment in my salary in April 2011 So I was not able to submit the updated salary slip but I have submitted the letter from my company mentioning my updated salary .

Saint
Director
Director

Postby Saint » Thu, 28 Apr 2011 12:13 pm

The most likely reason your initial PR application was rejected was because your wife hadn't resided in Singapore for at least 2 years. Now you've both been here 2 years the ICA are just requested up to date docs so they can process your appeal. Whether it will be successful is anyone's guess.

What was the basis of your appeal?

nitinkrmishra

Postby nitinkrmishra » Thu, 28 Apr 2011 2:46 pm

Hi ,

We mentioned that I am staying in Singapore since last 4 years and my wife is staying for 1 1/2 years . I am also a regular blood donor and me and my wife both are doing social service in national library.We both are members of friends of library services .

JR8
Immortal
Immortal

Postby JR8 » Thu, 28 Apr 2011 5:34 pm

Interesting. I've never seen this matter raised before. How much currency is there in demonstrating that one is involved in 'giving back to society' in a voluntary capacity?

I'd like to think that there is some, but also realise that ICA are probably simply ticking boxes.

sanky_001

Postby sanky_001 » Thu, 28 Apr 2011 7:23 pm

Saint wrote:The most likely reason your initial PR application was rejected was because your wife hadn't resided in Singapore for at least 2 years. Now you've both been here 2 years the ICA are just requested up to date docs so they can process your appeal. Whether it will be successful is anyone's guess.

Dear all,

Good evening.

I have posted before. SMS / MS have been very helpful :)

I have a 2 questions, based on this post:

My wife is living here for close to 4yrs and I am close to a year.

If my wife applies for a PR as a 'Primary Applicant' (ASSUMING she has good chances of approval \:D/ ) and l apply 'Jointly' as a couple ( I BET I DONT HAVE A CHANCE [-X ), so...

1. Is there a chance of ICA rejecting both of us just because I don't qualify?

2. Or there are chances of 'Just' my wife getting it and ICA kisses goobye to me ? :shooting:

Looking forward for your reply.

singaporeflyer
Editor
Editor

Postby singaporeflyer » Thu, 28 Apr 2011 9:03 pm

sanky_001 wrote:
Saint wrote:The most likely reason your initial PR application was rejected was because your wife hadn't resided in Singapore for at least 2 years. Now you've both been here 2 years the ICA are just requested up to date docs so they can process your appeal. Whether it will be successful is anyone's guess.

Dear all,

Good evening.

I have posted before. SMS / MS have been very helpful :)

I have a 2 questions, based on this post:

My wife is living here for close to 4yrs and I am close to a year.

If my wife applies for a PR as a 'Primary Applicant' (ASSUMING she has good chances of approval \:D/ ) and l apply 'Jointly' as a couple ( I BET I DONT HAVE A CHANCE [-X ), so...

1. Is there a chance of ICA rejecting both of us just because I don't qualify?

2. Or there are chances of 'Just' my wife getting it and ICA kisses goobye to me ? :shooting:

Looking forward for your reply.

Approval or rejection is totally for both of you if you apply together in the application

sundaymorningstaple

Postby sundaymorningstaple » Thu, 28 Apr 2011 9:05 pm

IF you wife is earning over $2500/mo then it's possible. If not, it's not likely that she would be granted PR whether applying jointly or by herself with you as an LTVP holder. My gut feelings are that you will get a rejection letter telling you all to try again in two years (once you've managed to find a job as well. However, I've been wrong before and hopefully, for your sake, I'm wrong again. :wink:

sanky_001

Postby sanky_001 » Thu, 28 Apr 2011 9:46 pm

sundaymorningstaple wrote:IF you wife is earning over $2500/mo then it's possible. If not, it's not likely that she would be granted PR whether applying jointly or by herself with you as an LTVP holder. My gut feelings are that you will get a rejection letter telling you all to try again in two years (once you've managed to find a job as well. However, I've been wrong before and hopefully, for your sake, I'm wrong again. :wink:

Thanks for ur reply SMS / SF :)

Dear SMS,

Wife is earning 7k Gross (P2 pass thoug), shez been paying tax promptly and still sticking to the same company.

As a matter of fact, me and wife are awaiting PR results, we applied in March as a couple.

Actually I posted the previous question because I have been very concerned for my wife with the current PR application.

We have applied as couple and we have genuine reason of making Singapore our homeland. Shez the Primary Applicant. I know I do not stand any chance and I do not want to be the reason why my wife's PR would be refused. Had she applied alone, do u think she wud have got it ? Thatz why I ve been concerned SMS :oops:

I am already preparing for the worst but very enthusiatic about applying again probably after 2yrs on stay here. I beleive I wud be working by then :)

Just wanted to share this with you. Thanks for ur time SMS :wave:

JR8
Immortal
Immortal

Postby JR8 » Fri, 29 Apr 2011 4:12 am

Sanky, do us all a favour and stop speaking like a teenager (if youz kno what I mean yeah)

Thanks.

Mad Scientist
Director
Director

Postby Mad Scientist » Fri, 29 Apr 2011 4:42 am

sanky_001 wrote:Dear SMS,

Wife is earning 7k Gross (P2 pass thoug), shez been paying tax promptly and still sticking to the same company.

Actually I posted the previous question because I have been very concerned for my wife with the current PR application.

My dear child, this is not Russian Roulette or a game of tic tac toe, if you have applied as joint application then wait for the result and go from there, If you have been rejected on this application it does not mean you are solely to be blame nor your wife. It can be the policy currently means that rejection is higher than approval. Or ICA just do not like you for some reason or another. Wait it out as you got nothing to lose.
To go around numbskulling yourself on "why" and "why not" or "what if" is just wasting your royal blood brain juice to waste !! Chill out !!
The positive thinker sees the invisible, feels the intangible, and achieves the impossible.Yahoo !!!

sundaymorningstaple

Postby sundaymorningstaple » Fri, 29 Apr 2011 7:01 am

Good example for Nak's next parody! :lol:

sanky_001

Postby sanky_001 » Fri, 29 Apr 2011 11:19 am

JR8, sure, noted! :roll:

I appreciate ur reponse dear MS, thanks :)

Good day everybody :cool:

JayCee
Reporter
Reporter

Postby JayCee » Fri, 29 Apr 2011 11:24 am

sanky_001 wrote:JR8, sure, noted! :roll:

And then on the next line

sanky_001 wrote:I appreciate ur reponse dear MS, thanks :)

Quality :lol: :lol: :lol: