Singapore Expats

Travel by air asia

Discuss about the latest news & interesting topics, real life experience or other out of topic discussions with locals & expatriates in Singapore.
omsairam10

Travel by air asia

Post by omsairam10 » Sat, 23 Apr 2011 11:14 pm

Hi everyone..

Just need to to clarify something. Has anyone travelled by air asia to india from singapore or vice-versa? do we need to clear immigration to do re-checking? is malasian visa required for transit?

Appreciate your help.

rgds
Amit

vozzie
Regular
Regular

Post by vozzie » Sun, 24 Apr 2011 9:34 am

I have done a return flight to India with Air Asia.

Until recently, if you had to transit through KL, you had to process through Immigration on arrival and then when departing on the India leg. The same on return.

However, recently AA have introduced " transit flights" through KL ... for SOME flights only. On these flights you don't have to process through Malaysian Immigration.

To check if your flight is eligible, do a flight search on the AA website. If you can book Singapore direct to your Indian destination ( even if it's via KL), then you can transit. If you have to make 2 bookings ... 1 to KL and then another to your Indian destination ... then you can't transit.

revhappy
Editor
Editor

Post by revhappy » Mon, 25 Apr 2011 12:33 am

Air Asia allows you to book SG -> BOM/Delhi via KL and its a single ticket even though there is a transit through KL so you dont need a MY visa.

But if you are booking the 2 legs of the journey seperately then you will need an MY Visa.

BTW, I believe anyone who is in SG should always have an MY Visa all year long, if not wasted, lah :P