Singapore Expats

SIA cabin crew

Join in the discussion about employment, interview as a cabin crew, pilot in major airlines.
hweechi1011

Re: To Hweechi

Post by hweechi1011 » Tue, 19 Apr 2011 11:37 pm

TSyen wrote:Hi Hweechi,
Thanks for the reply. Will root for my friend and keep u update.
Btw I didnt receive any pic u sent to me haha :D
If u dont mind can resend again?
Thank you.
done! :D

jolene23
Regular
Regular

Post by jolene23 » Wed, 20 Apr 2011 10:52 am

I'm 27 now...going to be 28 in July...Am i too old for the interview??
Really wanna try this time round... I'm female

galwithawand
Regular
Regular

Post by galwithawand » Wed, 20 Apr 2011 7:47 pm

jolene23 wrote:I'm 27 now...going to be 28 in July...Am i too old for the interview??
you must NOT look your age. i noticed most people who got in are in the age range of 19-21. Both 23s in my group got kicked out in the management round.

hweechi1011

Post by hweechi1011 » Thu, 21 Apr 2011 4:31 pm

galwithawand wrote:
jolene23 wrote:I'm 27 now...going to be 28 in July...Am i too old for the interview??
you must NOT look your age. i noticed most people who got in are in the age range of 19-21. Both 23s in my group got kicked out in the management round.
jolene23...i agree wif galwithawand......must nt look ur age...im 25 tis year btw n jz got in......do try..u nvr noe :)

hweechi1011

Post by hweechi1011 » Fri, 22 Apr 2011 11:15 pm

guys no worries tis pics r fine.....its really for sharing 2u guys hu r interested to join da sq fam....pics in kebaya are nt allowed tho.......so far my training has been loads of fun......

kenzo_rev

Post by kenzo_rev » Sat, 23 Apr 2011 7:44 am

my advice for you is better not to post any pic online.

jolene23
Regular
Regular

Post by jolene23 » Mon, 25 Apr 2011 12:34 pm

galwithawand wrote:
Ok i will try..my friend that is going with me is 29..we both old aunites wanna give it our one last try for this yr... :D
Better try than having regrets.. :D
JIA YOU for all that are going this coming May Interview.... !!

jolene23
Regular
Regular

Post by jolene23 » Mon, 25 Apr 2011 12:35 pm

hweechi1011 wrote:
galwithawand wrote:
jolene23...i agree wif galwithawand......must nt look ur age...im 25 tis year btw n jz got in......do try..u nvr noe :)
:D yes i will just try..
so happy for u!!
All the best for your new career... !!

everything

Post by everything » Mon, 25 Apr 2011 7:24 pm

Dear all,

I am realy interested to be a air stewardess but I am afraid of losing my bonding time with family,boyfriend, and friends..Thus, can i check the leave arrangement for air stewardness? How many days of leave are they entitled for per year and is there a period which we are not allow to apply for leave?

Abercrombie
Reporter
Reporter

Post by Abercrombie » Wed, 27 Apr 2011 1:14 pm

You will have 21 days annual leave and will be in SIN for 100 over days not counting your departure and arrival day. Sounds like a lot of time in SIN but you will certainly miss lots of time being with your family n love one including friends. Special days like Birthdays, Public Holidays etc. are often spend without you being there. Unlike ppl who work 9-5 in SIN they get to see family every day n as and went they like with friends. The worst part of this job is losing time spent with family and friends in SIN. This is not a job for people who misses home or ppl often. Many ppl quit because of that, they miss ppl back at home and with abit of set back at work couple with the loneliness n helplessness will make it very miserable for them.

You will be able to take leave once you finish training (3.5 mths) and probation (6 mths) it will be planned for you after your probation. You can apply to change your leave but its a 50-50 shot. After that your submit your yearly leave application around SEP for the next year JAN-DEC. Again apply to change if you don't get the dates that you want, 50-50 again. PH and school holidays are hard to get. Plan your leave 4-15 months ahead and pray that you get it, nothing is certain. That's why you are being paid a high pay ( ofcourse there are many other hardships that comes with the job too, shall not go into that now) You Win some, loss some.....can't have everything as a crew.

tienchin

Post by tienchin » Wed, 27 Apr 2011 1:59 pm

Abercrombie wrote:You will have 21 days annual leave and will be in SIN for 100 over days not counting your departure and arrival day. Sounds like a lot of time in SIN but you will certainly miss lots of time being with your family n love one including friends. Special days like Birthdays, Public Holidays etc. are often spend without you being there. Unlike ppl who work 9-5 in SIN they get to see family every day n as and went they like with friends. The worst part of this job is losing time spent with family and friends in SIN. This is not a job for people who misses home or ppl often. Many ppl quit because of that, they miss ppl back at home and with abit of set back at work couple with the loneliness n helplessness will make it very miserable for them.

You will be able to take leave once you finish training (3.5 mths) and probation (6 mths) it will be planned for you after your probation. You can apply to change your leave but its a 50-50 shot. After that your submit your yearly leave application around SEP for the next year JAN-DEC. Again apply to change if you don't get the dates that you want, 50-50 again. PH and school holidays are hard to get. Plan your leave 4-15 months ahead and pray that you get it, nothing is certain. That's why you are being paid a high pay ( ofcourse there are many other hardships that comes with the job too, shall not go into that now) You Win some, loss some.....can't have everything as a crew.
really have to consider well before joining.. =X

Signatures should be one line or one icon: forum rules

Moderator.

mickeyyy

Post by mickeyyy » Tue, 03 May 2011 7:39 pm

Hi I been to the SIA interview few years back and didn't get in but want to try again this month! I been browsing through this forum about the stages but was wondering if they still make you do the " if you can reach the RED line thing?"

THanks girls in advance!

Hope a lot of us can make it!!!! :D

galwithawand
Regular
Regular

Post by galwithawand » Tue, 03 May 2011 8:57 pm

mickeyyy wrote:was wondering if they still make you do the " if you can reach the RED line thing?"
Yes, they will still ask you to touch the red line if your height is not satisfactory. that said, touching the red line does not guarantee you passing the height test fully. in the kebaya round you will be asked to take your height there again. if they find you too short, it's still bye bye to you.

mickeyyy

Post by mickeyyy » Wed, 04 May 2011 2:36 am

Thanks galwithawand!

Damn... I'm like 157.7cm is just 0.3 not enough. that 0.3 is giving me a very hard time... :cry:
But I'm gonna try this 28th still!!!

galwithawand
Regular
Regular

Post by galwithawand » Thu, 05 May 2011 9:40 pm

mickeyyy wrote:Thanks galwithawand!

Damn... I'm like 157.7cm is just 0.3 not enough. that 0.3 is giving me a very hard time... :cry:
But I'm gonna try this 28th still!!!
hmm.. try to wear things that increases your height?