Singapore Expats

SIA cabin crew

Join in the discussion about employment, interview as a cabin crew, pilot in major airlines.
fionana

Post by fionana » Sat, 23 Apr 2005 2:42 am

not really. not all have experience in customer services.

my friends and i do not have any customer services experiences. we were called up for the interview.

it was my 1st time, and i was really happy cos after 4 years in the workforce with no experiences in customer services and i am not actually consider young, me 27 years old.

as for my friend, same as me, doesn't have any experience in customer services she applied 3 times, and are called for those 3 times, but she has never pass thru to advance to the 2nd round. she is 24 years old.

another friend, who also do not have experience in customer services, was called up and selected for the position as stewardess. she is 25 years old.

so, i guess having no experiences in customer services doesn't really hamper your chances in becoming a steward/stewardess

Good Luck! :)

Keisha

Next Recruitment Drive - SIA Cabin Crew

Post by Keisha » Sat, 23 Apr 2005 8:15 am

does anyone here know when is the next recruitment drive for SIA cabin crew? and how often does this take place? (like every 3 or 4 months?) i have missed out the april's interview and hope to attend the next one. anyone going?

also, what is the salary / remuneration like for an SIA air stewardess a month?

Keisha

Next Recruitment Drive - SIA Cabin Crew

Post by Keisha » Sat, 23 Apr 2005 8:20 am

hi,

it's me again, guys!

hey perhaps we could all meet up earlier, like about 10 minutes before the interview starts or what? we can introduce ourselves to one another. at least we would not be so stressed or nervous on the thoughts of the interview. we will have one another for comfort and well wishes.

what do you guys think about that? good idea? i would love to get to know you people. you guys seem to know a lot of things too.

all the best to you!

jus me

Post by jus me » Sat, 23 Apr 2005 11:15 am

if i am not wrong, the next recruitment for SIA stewardess is in july 2005..

M

Re: Next Recruitment Drive - SIA Cabin Crew

Post by M » Sat, 23 Apr 2005 11:16 am

Keisha wrote:hi,

it's me again, guys!

hey perhaps we could all meet up earlier, like about 10 minutes before the interview starts or what? we can introduce ourselves to one another. at least we would not be so stressed or nervous on the thoughts of the interview. we will have one another for comfort and well wishes.

what do you guys think about that? good idea? i would love to get to know you people. you guys seem to know a lot of things too.

all the best to you!
:shock: :shock: :shock:

crux

Post by crux » Sat, 23 Apr 2005 1:51 pm

jus me wrote:if i am not wrong, the next recruitment for SIA stewardess is in july 2005..
hmm...that will be around 2months+. i thought its around August or something.

curiousy

SIA Cabin Crew Interview

Post by curiousy » Sat, 23 Apr 2005 5:36 pm

How's the interview for the gals today ? Anyone care to share their experience here ? Thanks

SueZ

Interview

Post by SueZ » Sat, 23 Apr 2005 5:59 pm

i went for the interview today. Was thrown out. They asked me a qns on why i want to be an air stewardess? I ans not that fluent but quite reasonably. but didn't got in. I heard one of the gal being asked the same qns and her ans was, " The air stewardess are slim and pretty and i want to be like them." She got chosen for the 3rd interview for the Kebaya. haha. i really don't know what kind of Gals they are looking for and the ans they want.

jo_lohsc

Post by jo_lohsc » Sat, 23 Apr 2005 6:22 pm

Anonymous wrote:
ting57 wrote:im having my interview on the 23april at 1110. ani1 out ther who has the same timing as me? maybe we can meet up or wad...
hmm 1110 seems like heaven to me...my is at 0850 :( hav to wait up way earlier than usual i guess :? anyone else same time as me on sat?

hi all, i suppose to have the interview on 23th april 1515pm due to my grandpa passed away. i cant attend the interview. i am feel sad and regret. is ok, i will never give up. finally, i wish all of you success. hope i can meet yours.

Cheerful

Post by Cheerful » Sat, 23 Apr 2005 6:41 pm

I didn't make it past the first round today... sad. Only 2 from my group advanced. the group before mine had 3. group after had 5. heard from a fren her group had 0. :shock:

So I guess you can say a lot of it depends on luck. And while in the waiting area, I saw quite a few girls who passed the 1-to-1 interview and will be back next week for all the tests. They're not exactly very pretty and some are quite big-sized..

What can I say??The interviewers obviously have their own preference and something what the public (me included) like is not what they're looking for in this recruitment.

Good luck to all next time!

Post by Guest » Sat, 23 Apr 2005 7:18 pm

Cheerful wrote:I didn't make it past the first round today... sad. Only 2 from my group advanced. the group before mine had 3. group after had 5. heard from a fren her group had 0. :shock:

So I guess you can say a lot of it depends on luck. And while in the waiting area, I saw quite a few girls who passed the 1-to-1 interview and will be back next week for all the tests. They're not exactly very pretty and some are quite big-sized..

What can I say??The interviewers obviously have their own preference and something what the public (me included) like is not what they're looking for in this recruitment.

Good that you stay positive even though you didnt advanced to the next round. :)

jo_lohsc

Post by jo_lohsc » Sat, 23 Apr 2005 8:47 pm

Anonymous wrote:
Cheerful wrote:I didn't make it past the first round today... sad. Only 2 from my group advanced. the group before mine had 3. group after had 5. heard from a fren her group had 0. :shock:

Good that you stay positive even though you didnt advanced to the next round. :)
The end result is not important at least you try your best. no happy ending but a happy experience in your life. i believe you will success in next time.
don't give up.

joycie

Post by joycie » Sat, 23 Apr 2005 9:10 pm

hi,

those who went for the interview, would like to ask a question. hope u can help me. was wondering during the 1st round, in the intro, do we need to say our age?

and for today's interview, are the girls there very young? got girls age 26 and above? and are the girls slim like jacelyn tay size?

thanks a lot for your help. really appreciated it. and good luck to all who made it thru to next week interview. and those who are not invited to next week interview, dun worry, we can try for the next recruitment =). i miss the closing date for april recruitment. so have to wit for next round of recruitment.

Cheerful

Post by Cheerful » Sat, 23 Apr 2005 9:49 pm

From what I know, for Saturday's interview there were 2 groups of interviews. One is 2 males, one is 1 female and 1 male.

My group was interviewed by the 1 female 1 male interviewers. No self intros were needed. They just took turns to ask each of us 2 or 3 questions. eg. why do u want to be a stewardess? What are your hobbies? What do you think as the qualities of a stewardess?? stuff like that...

Again, it's a tough game of luck. depends which group you're in and how the interviewers conduct the interview...

pokochin

Post by pokochin » Sat, 23 Apr 2005 10:47 pm

joycie wrote:hi,

those who went for the interview, would like to ask a question. hope u can help me. was wondering during the 1st round, in the intro, do we need to say our age?

and for today's interview, are the girls there very young? got girls age 26 and above? and are the girls slim like jacelyn tay size?

thanks a lot for your help. really appreciated it. and good luck to all who made it thru to next week interview. and those who are not invited to next week interview, dun worry, we can try for the next recruitment =). i miss the closing date for april recruitment. so have to wit for next round of recruitment.
hi joycie,
its a requirement to state our age for the first round of interview. Im not so sure about the other interviewers, but as for mine, they did ask us to mention our age =) If im not wrong, they actually jot it down in a piece of paper and they would "grade" us as we speak.

The girls' age are about 23 and no, they do not have jacelyn tay size but i do agree some are quite gorgeous ;) I heard there's a few girls, age 26-28, turn up for interview today but Im not sure about the results.

Anyway, I hope to provide more info for you but....I was eliminated for the first round too...ahahahaha....well, gd luck for those who are selected *congrats* and all the best for those who wld be applying in near future

*cheers* :D