Singapore Expats

PEP - Manual application

Relocating, travelling or planning to make Singapore home? Discuss the criterias, passes or visa that is required.
Lashay

PEP - Manual application

Post by Lashay » Thu, 21 Apr 2011 5:18 pm

Been trying for last two months to find a competent processing agent to do an application for a PEP for myself as i am not in Singapore and currently have no local contacts, but with no luck.

So now looking at doing a trip over there to do it myself in person (will tie it to other business i have in Asia so not doing trip exclusively for this) but as i would not be "moving" to SG this time around, aka staying at hotel, how feasible is this? Thinking of things like giving address to MoM for return documents

BillyB
Manager
Manager

Re: PEP - Manual application

Post by BillyB » Thu, 21 Apr 2011 5:35 pm

Lashay wrote:Been trying for last two months to find a competent processing agent to do an application for a PEP for myself as i am not in Singapore and currently have no local contacts, but with no luck.

So now looking at doing a trip over there to do it myself in person (will tie it to other business i have in Asia so not doing trip exclusively for this) but as i would not be "moving" to SG this time around, aka staying at hotel, how feasible is this? Thinking of things like giving address to MoM for return documents
There a couple of agencies who can do it. PM me for details. But be warned they are gonna charge you at least $500 for the privilege of using them as a local contact and can make a complete balls-up of the form filling.

If you are here on business, surely you must have a contact who is a Citizen or PR?

Lashay

Post by Lashay » Thu, 21 Apr 2011 6:37 pm

Will be in HGK and BKK on business, just thinking of doing a side trip down to SG while in that part of the world (thinking few days at start of trip and few at end) to try to sort out the visa.

As per your reply in my other thread all the agency's I have found have turned out to be unknowledgeable about their own business area (half insisting Uni degree is required for PEP), others so unresponsive/lazy that there is no way would trust them to do it right and remainder just asking stupid money (latest +2000 SGD)

Unfortunately cannot seem to PM as not enough posts, but if you do know anyone could you send me the detail's? Hell i can handle the form filling

BillyB
Manager
Manager

Post by BillyB » Thu, 21 Apr 2011 8:30 pm

Lashay wrote:Will be in HGK and BKK on business, just thinking of doing a side trip down to SG while in that part of the world (thinking few days at start of trip and few at end) to try to sort out the visa.

As per your reply in my other thread all the agency's I have found have turned out to be unknowledgeable about their own business area (half insisting Uni degree is required for PEP), others so unresponsive/lazy that there is no way would trust them to do it right and remainder just asking stupid money (latest +2000 SGD)

Unfortunately cannot seem to PM as not enough posts, but if you do know anyone could you send me the detail's? Hell i can handle the form filling
Try these guys. We've used them from time to time and they know their stuff. Not sure on the costs for PEP though. Ask for Mel.

http://www...com/

Lashay

Post by Lashay » Thu, 21 Apr 2011 10:54 pm

Unfortunately they were one of those who did not know about the educational requirement (or more exactly the lack of) requirements for PeP

singaporeflyer
Answers: 2

Post by singaporeflyer » Thu, 21 Apr 2011 11:41 pm

Lashay wrote:Unfortunately they were one of those who did not know about the educational requirement (or more exactly the lack of) requirements for PeP
You can apply it on your own. There are a few of our forum members who would help u as a local contact just for friendship. Search through the forum and look through