Singapore Expats

Advice on EPEC rejection

Relocating, travelling or planning to make Singapore home? Discuss the criterias, passes or visa that is required.
zamzam123

Advice on EPEC rejection

Post by zamzam123 » Sun, 14 Mar 2010 11:57 pm

Hi!
Just wondered if anyone had experienced the following when applying for their EPEC and what the outcome was?
I meet all the EPEC criteria (BSc (hons) and Masters from x2 recognised UK universities) so I submitted my application, uploaded the required documents (in the required formats and timescales) and the EPEC was rejected with the following message:
"Your application has been rejected because you did not provide all the required documents for our consideration of your EPEC application. If you wish to reapply for an EPEC, please ensure that you have all the necessary documents to support your application."
This is very strange because I followed all the rules. They provided me with an email address to email my documents to, which I have done and am now waiting for another response.
I'm worried that it's not going to be approved. They haven't given a direct NO, but I don't feel it's looking very promising.
Has anyone else experienced this? If so, what was the outcome?
Thanks!

greensumo

Post by greensumo » Mon, 22 Mar 2010 1:30 pm

Hi zamzam,

I had a few problems with my EPEC too (this was about 6 Months ago)

Firstly in Singapore they really want to see your official transcript from university and I've found many ppl have a problem when they request is (which is in a lot of cases from what I've heard). I couldn't give them mine in the 7 days that they asked for it to be produced because, UK universities being as beaucratic and they usually are, it would take 6-8 weeks! Anyway it was resolved by providing screen shots of my courses and unconventional methods like that. I managed to call my officer who was very helpful and understanding.

So it may be your transcript? I had another problem too though, in that the name on my degree and the name on my passport weren't the same! Solved that eventually though!

Good Luck, hope this helped!

cheer.up

Post by cheer.up » Thu, 22 Jul 2010 11:15 pm

greensumo wrote:Hi zamzam,

Firstly in Singapore they really want to see your official transcript from university and I've found many ppl have a problem when they request is (which is in a lot of cases from what I've heard). I couldn't give them mine in the 7 days that they asked for it to be produced because, UK universities being as beaucratic and they usually are, it would take 6-8 weeks! Anyway it was resolved by providing screen shots of my courses and unconventional methods like that. I managed to call my officer who was very helpful and understanding.

So it may be your transcript? I had another problem too though, in that the name on my degree and the name on my passport weren't the same! Solved that eventually though!

Good Luck, hope this helped!

hi greensumo,

can i ask you how you solved the name difference problem? actually I also have the same problem, my name on my degree and my name on my passport are slightly different and I was asked to resubmit my degree to clarify on the name difference. Appreciate if you can share your story, need it badly.. [-o< thx anyway

IronMac
Regular
Regular

Post by IronMac » Mon, 26 Jul 2010 6:19 am

In my experience last year getting the EPEC, they did not accept the official transcripts which I showed them. It sounds like the issue here could be the names. I think there's been quite a few problems with bogus degrees.

candypants

call call call

Post by candypants » Tue, 27 Jul 2010 8:14 pm

in my case i was asked to resubmit a document. I called MOM to ask about this cos I did give them all the necessary documents. The lady on the line asked me to email MOM with my details. They will normally reply to your email within the same week, if not call again to give them a pushUsually they REALLY want your grad certificates and academic transcripts.

Maybe you can go down to MOM personally to get it settled straightaway?

greensumo

Post by greensumo » Mon, 16 Aug 2010 2:59 pm

Dear cheer.up

The way I proved that my degree had a different name to my passport was to photocopy my student ID and also to give them screen shots showing my name in my student portal. I will definately get my name changed on my degree though as it was a real pain. Hope it works out for you as they are getting tougher! Good luck!

greensumo

Post by greensumo » Mon, 16 Aug 2010 3:02 pm

[quote="cheer.up"][quote="greensumo"]Hi zamzam,

Good Luck, hope this helped![/quote]

hi greensumo,

can i ask you how you solved the name difference problem? actually I also have the same problem, my name on my degree and my name on my passport are slightly different and I was asked to resubmit my degree to clarify on the name difference. Appreciate if you can share your story, need it badly.. [-o< thx anyway[/quote]

Hope the answer above helps

Tinaaa

Very difficult to get the EPEC?

Post by Tinaaa » Mon, 18 Oct 2010 4:26 pm

Problem solved, thank you!
Last edited by Tinaaa on Tue, 05 Apr 2011 10:45 am, edited 1 time in total.

carlsum1986
Chatter
Chatter

Post by carlsum1986 » Mon, 18 Oct 2010 6:00 pm

yes good chance to get the epec if the universities are on the MOM list

Tinaaa

LTVP very difficult to get once EPEC is granted?

Post by Tinaaa » Mon, 18 Oct 2010 6:02 pm

do you have any experiences about the LTVP after that? CAuse as far as I understood the EPEC does only say that if someone wants to employ you, the MOM would grant a work permit, however, in order to be in Singapore to look for a job he would definitely need the LTVP.

Is that very difficult to get at the moment?

Thanks a lot for the hlep!

carlsum1986
Chatter
Chatter

Re: LTVP very difficult to get once EPEC is granted?

Post by carlsum1986 » Mon, 18 Oct 2010 8:04 pm

Tinaaa wrote:do you have any experiences about the LTVP after that? CAuse as far as I understood the EPEC does only say that if someone wants to employ you, the MOM would grant a work permit, however, in order to be in Singapore to look for a job he would definitely need the LTVP.

Is that very difficult to get at the moment?

Thanks a lot for the hlep!
no epec does not need someone to employ u for u to get it...as long as u have the credentials laid out by MOM you can get the epec....
it might take a slightly longer processing time with the current situation in sg but if u have the credentials there is nothing to worry about....you can be on a tourist visa to look for a job in sg...i know a few ppl who have done that....it a bit riskier though cause ur time here is limited....a ltvp will grant you more time to look for a job and also allow u to have peace of mind.....
i replied on ur other post with more detail on ltvp and epec....

sundaymorningstaple
Answers: 21

Post by sundaymorningstaple » Tue, 19 Oct 2010 1:50 am

ICA does not need to issue a LTVP if you hold a EPEC. The "can" issue a LTVP for up to 12 months or as little as 3 months or in several cases we have seen here, not issue one at all. An EPEC is not a guarantee of getting a long term social visit pass.

sms
SOME PEOPLE TRY TO TURN BACK THEIR ODOMETERS. NOT ME. I WANT PEOPLE TO KNOW WHY I LOOK THIS WAY. I'VE TRAVELED A LONG WAY, AND SOME OF THE ROADS WEREN'T PAVED. ~ Will Rogers

nicole.du

Post by nicole.du » Wed, 16 Feb 2011 12:23 pm

Hi zamzam123,

Would like to know did you got further result from MOM after you re-submit your EPEC application.

I had same problem. got the same mail, then I send mail to the mail address it provided in reject mail, tell them i want o resubmit my application with all documents attached(bachelor's degree, diploma, particular page of passport, passport photo).

It has been 8 days, i got no reply.

Today, I think maybe I can send them my acdamic transcript as additional prove. I send it out today, wait to see any reply====

Nanners

Post by Nanners » Wed, 20 Apr 2011 4:27 pm

Hi,

Just wanted to know if anyone who had this problem had any updates or informations on how to proceed ?

I applied for the EPEC, uploaded my documents. Then they sent me this mail:

"We have received your documents, but we need you to resubmit the following documents for the consideration of your application EPEC XXX
Please provide a copy of your *Diploma's name*"

They gave me no reason as why I should re-upload them. But I do it anyway, and one week later I get the same message:

"Your application has been rejected because you did not provide all the required documents for our consideration of your EPEC application. If you wish to reapply for an EPEC, please ensure that you have all the necessary documents to support your application"

I resubmit my application, with all documents at the mail adress provided. It has been 2 weeks now, and I still don't have an answer.

Does anybody has some advices ? Is there a number I shoud call, should I go down to mom personnaly ?

Any help would be greatly appreciated, it's very stressful not knowing.

Thanks. :)