Singapore Expats

Apply for PEP

Discuss about getting a well paid job or career advancement. Ask about salaries, expat packages, CPF & taxes for expatriate.
addy456

Apply for PEP

Post by addy456 » Tue, 19 Apr 2011 6:06 pm

First of all i am really thankful to all of you sharing there experience on this forum.
I am planning to apply for PEP and still confused in couple of questions:

1.Is May 2011 is the best time to apply for PEP?-

2. How long AIP - Approval in Principal would be valid for once my application is approved for PEP?

3. When would 6 months period for finding job starts?

4.What is the chance of successs of my application if i hold masters degree from United Kingdom- Brunel University and having sound 5 years experience and salary is more then $7K in the field of IT?
Last edited by addy456 on Wed, 20 Apr 2011 1:45 pm, edited 1 time in total.

carteki
Editor
Editor

Post by carteki » Wed, 20 Apr 2011 11:30 am

Have you read your questions? They make me wonder where you got your masters degree from.

BTW - it is likely that the minimum required salary for PEP will increase $8,000 shortly....

Saint
Director
Director

Post by Saint » Wed, 20 Apr 2011 12:01 pm

They have virtually stopped handing out PEPs to overseas applicants and the salary threshold is now probably $8k, not official yet but we assume it will be.

addy456

PEP Info!!

Post by addy456 » Wed, 20 Apr 2011 1:46 pm

carteki: i got my masters degree from United Kingdom- Brunel University & i change it above 2 to dont make you wonder;)

What you guys advice can i go for PEP having salary between $7 to $8K?

Question Again:

1)How long AIP - Approval in Principal would be valid for once my application is approved for PEP?

2)When would 6 months period for finding job starts?

elguapo

Re: PEP Info!!

Post by elguapo » Wed, 20 Apr 2011 1:56 pm

addy456 wrote:carteki: i got my masters degree from United Kingdom- Brunel University & i change it above 2 to dont make you wonder;)

Question Again:

1)How long AIP - Approval in Principal would be valid for once my application is approved for PEP?

Well, a few of the guys I work with tried changing from EP's to PEP's recently and dispite being well above the thresholds they where rejected and have had to move back to EP's. I wouldn't be betting the bank on getting approved.

revhappy
Editor
Editor

Post by revhappy » Wed, 20 Apr 2011 2:07 pm

elguapo wrote:
addy456 wrote:carteki: i got my masters degree from United Kingdom- Brunel University & i change it above 2 to dont make you wonder;)

Question Again:

Well, a few of the guys I work with tried changing from EP's to PEP's recently and dispite being well above the thresholds they where rejected and have had to move back to EP's. I wouldn't be betting the bank on getting approved.
Wow, thats very useful 1st hand information, thanks!

BillyB
Manager
Manager

Post by BillyB » Wed, 20 Apr 2011 2:24 pm

As Harry Hill says - there's only one way to find out.......

addy456

Post by addy456 » Wed, 20 Apr 2011 2:37 pm

elguapo wrote:

Question Again:

Actually i am applying from abroad:)

BillyB
Manager
Manager

Post by BillyB » Wed, 20 Apr 2011 2:45 pm

addy456 wrote:
elguapo wrote:

Question Again:

Throw your hat in the ring and just do it. No one knows the exact criteria for approval. Find a local sponsor and make the application. It should only take you about 15-20 minutes to complete and then you'll know within a week one way or another.

Failing that, there is the EP route once you find an employer if you are still hell bent on working in Singapore.

addy456

Post by addy456 » Wed, 20 Apr 2011 2:54 pm

BillyB wrote:
addy456 wrote:
elguapo wrote: Well, a few of the guys I work with tried changing from EP's to PEP's recently and dispite being well above the thresholds they where rejected and have had to move back to EP's. I wouldn't be betting the bank on getting approved.
Throw your hat in the ring and just do it. No one knows the exact criteria for approval. Find a local sponsor and make the application. It should only take you about 15-20 minutes to complete and then you'll know within a week one way or another.

Failing that, there is the EP route once you find an employer if you are still hell bent on working in Singapore.

BillyB you put my confidence up and i should say you are star ...

second thing i have 2 ask with you..

2)When would 6 months period for finding job starts is that after AIP?

BillyB
Manager
Manager

Post by BillyB » Wed, 20 Apr 2011 3:02 pm

addy456 wrote:
BillyB wrote:
addy456 wrote: Actually i am applying from abroad:)

BillyB you put my confidence up and i should say you are star ...

second thing i have 2 ask with you..

I think the AIP is valid for 6 months.

No, the 6 month period starts when you first get the PEP pass issued, and then resets each time you leave a job - provided you earn more than the minimum threshold of $30k in a year.

Saint
Director
Director

Post by Saint » Wed, 20 Apr 2011 3:06 pm

addy456 wrote:second thing i have 2 ask with you..

http://forum.singaporeexpats.com/ftopic73998.html

addy456

Apply for PEP(Help me)

Post by addy456 » Mon, 25 Apr 2011 1:27 pm

Which is the best time to apply for PEP?

sundaymorningstaple
Answers: 21

Post by sundaymorningstaple » Mon, 25 Apr 2011 2:16 pm

Probably when you are off of work, so your current employer doesn't find out. :roll:

How long is a piece of string?
SOME PEOPLE TRY TO TURN BACK THEIR ODOMETERS. NOT ME. I WANT PEOPLE TO KNOW WHY I LOOK THIS WAY. I'VE TRAVELED A LONG WAY, AND SOME OF THE ROADS WEREN'T PAVED. ~ Will Rogers

addy456

Apply for PEP(Help me)

Post by addy456 » Mon, 25 Apr 2011 2:37 pm

Actually i am applying from abroad ...so what to know which is the best time to apply for PEP..